Author Topic: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS  (Read 4579 times)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Re: Oh dear I wish I DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THIS
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »
As I've said before, a joint, beer and a bag of cheetos goes a long way to calming you down  :aok
Or as I used to call it back in the college days, a typical Friday night.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
Or as I used to call it back in the college days, a typical Friday night.

:rofl :rofl :rofl       :aok

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
and its friday  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2009, 06:52:37 PM »
Honestly I was aware of the Beta and thought when it got here that was close to finished and assumed it would stay Beta until all this was ironed out.

NOW PLEASE LESTEN CAREFULLY.

A load of people can now burst in and say how could this possibly be sorted at the beta stage and how could I possibly be stupid enough to think it would go smoothly.  Allot of people have grown up (or not) with this but huge sections of the population like games and play them but arnt necessarily interested in how it works or making it work. Some people actually expect things just to work.

This is obviously different which is OK  :aok, but if your not actually part of it it needs explaining  as in being specific.

"We are now introducing the new version, We anticipate a settiling in period, Please bare with us for a short time while we iron things out, we appreciate your feedback and thankyou in advance for your patience"

ON EVERY PATCH

NOW PLEASE LESTEN CAREFULLY again:

I hear allot of its worse than it was and I am leaving which could all be coverd by

"Please bare with us for a week or 2 and it will all be back to normal only better"

For me its ok already because I had slack in my spec. I see it take a big chunk of slack some days and not others so I can see its being worked out. I here people who are credible say even low end will eventually get a better compromise but not necessarily straight away.

I would suggest everyone gives it some time :pray  AND THE SOCIAL DARWINISTS SHUT UP :rolleyes:

As I said before and you have now proved my point, you will complain about something no mater what we do. I can respond and explain things, but people like yourself so greatly show will always think something is not good enough and they would be happy if you just did this one thing, but you do and thy just choose another one thing.

HiTech

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »
 :aok
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »
As I said before and you have now proved my point, you will complain about something no mater what we do. I can respond and explain things, but people like yourself so greatly show will always think something is not good enough and they would be happy if you just did this one thing, but you do and thy just choose another one thing.

HiTech

Yeah but you still havent explained though :D

Anyway stop worrying I told you I thought it was good enough, enough earlier :aok (well I thought i did anyway)  and that everyone who has been around a while seems to think you will get everything sorted out in a week or so :salute

I am just trying to tell you honestly that where I use particularly commercial though obviously less complex interactive sights if they change anything they make more effort to let you know explicitly i.e. in laymens terms what is going on. Thats because they have worked out people often fear change especailly in relation to something they dont understand and therefore feel is out of their control.

Dont take this personally when you say things like "People like you" it suggests you are and I dont think there is any reason to. Sure this must be a very stressfull time for you but most people will I am sure understand that and appreciate all the effort that is being made to fix the inevitable problems. There will in my experience be a small minority who will be totally unreasonable and unreachable but it is again in my experience a very small minority and I am certainly not one of them ;)

Stick an explanation on the patches. Everyone who plays the game will see it or better still the arena message. I am sure their are a significant number who play the game but rarely get in here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:17:44 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2009, 05:13:58 AM »
. I can respond and explain things, but people like yourself so greatly show will always think something is not good enough and they would be happy if you just did this one thing, but you do and thy just choose another one thing.

HiTech

Just had to say thats often how things progress BUT:

A few days in I think more and more people will grudgeingly admit the new version is better in almost every respect.

I am happy :x

But the base version (no frill) really should have been constructed to be slightly better than the old if that was possible :devil 
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2009, 06:49:48 AM »
I agree with yarbles on some of the points.
Maybe hitech should have waited a bit longer, the game is better now.

Hitech customer service is very good
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2009, 07:33:12 AM »
<snip>Stick an explanation on the patches. Everyone who plays the game will see it or better still the arena message. I am sure their are a significant number who play the game but rarely get in here.

There is a "readme" that ships with every patch.  It is installed in the game's installation folder.  The link to it is also in the front page announcement.  No matter how many places it is posted, we cannot make anyone read anything.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »
There is a "readme" that ships with every patch.  It is installed in the game's installation folder.  The link to it is also in the front page announcement.  No matter how many places it is posted, we cannot make anyone read anything.

STICK IT ON THE FRONT OF THE PATCH LIKE THIS MAYBE ;)

"Here is the latest patch, their are likely to be some temporary issues, please report them via (link or address) and we will resolve them as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and continued support" 

You may feel "We are not pandering to sub human ignoramouses like Yarbles" but their are allot of people like me out here and we know how to breed and set up credit card payments.

If however it was already there and I still didnt read it :o :o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:53:24 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2009, 07:52:19 AM »
But the base version (no frill) really should have been constructed to be slightly better than the old if that was possible

Ok last it was that we should have just told people what to expect.

Now it is we should have constructed the min version to look as good or better than before.

If we had done that, you would just again CHOOSE something else to complain about as you are doing now.

Do no mistake what I say to be that I think other people who post there concerns and problems here do not have legit items to be addressed.People with stutters and CTD are top of my list items to be addressed, but the items you discusses are not legit and nothing but throwing barbs at HTC.

HiTEch

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2009, 08:01:21 AM »
The beta was out for while this was there for us to use, I went on every couple of days it was usually empty.

Hitec I was under the impression let the customer evaluate the beta and rise concerns, if you did not use beta then why are people complaining.

Tomorrow is another day and next month everything will be fine.
 :aok

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2009, 08:01:51 AM »
Do no mistake what I say to be that I think other people who post there concerns and problems here do not have legit items to be addressed.People with stutters and CTD are top of my list items to be addressed, but the items you discusses are not legit and nothing but throwing barbs at HTC.

HiTEch

To an extent I put that last one in to prove you were right about people always having another problem. In a catch all world though a lower end spec that looked better or as good as the last version would cover all existing players eventually in an ideal world. Probably not possible or a priority which is ok. People I speak to who are playing at low spec realise they will need to upgrade eventually and it gives them a breathing space anyway. Generally having a low spec version seems like a very good idea.

My only gripe in retrospect is not having the process explained (spoonfed to me like  an idiot) I still see very minor glithches but the improvement for me vastly outwieghs this already.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:10:29 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2009, 08:47:14 AM »

My only gripe in retrospect is not having the process explained (spoonfed to me like  an idiot)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,266866.0.html

It was explained...clearly. As for spoonfeeding..........

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
Whatever you think, I'm actually not that fussy; but, please, try paragraghs.

Also, I've downloaded my latest video drivers....very stuttery.

I would suggest try going back to the driver version prior to the latest, often you will find they are more stable. Many times Video drivers come out to support or better run new games and video software on the market. At times this has un-known effects on older software video. You can not expect the video companies to play every game that is out there. They rely on your feed back. This is also why any driver for a video card has been archived for a very long time on the company website.

Completely un-install your currect video card drivers (via device manager, never just delete things off the harddrive unless you want problems) and reinstall an ealier version, see if this helps your studdering problem.