Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18725 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »

I guess, since I was called out as the inspiration for this thread to be posted, I feel the need to reply.

Yes, I did plan bombing missions to attack the fields where there was a furball.  The bases in question were the most probable bases that could and needed to be taken in order to have a stageing base to improve the front lines.  They were captured as the mission was planned.  However; I often use a furball as a diversion to take other bases.  I did not bomb these bases in spite of "Furballers"!  I often enjoy furballing, even if I am the one getting killed due to a frame rate of 6 when I go in on the six of an enemy plane.  But my passion, "FUN", in this game is to plan missions to take bases.  And I have a GREAT group of guys in my squad that "HAVE FUN" doing what we do.  As for taking down hangers...well, if a base is flat, there is NO chance for my mission to fail due to the one that gets up to kill the goon as he drops his troops.  I plan missions to hit a base hard and I mean HIT IT HARD!  Take EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!  Leave no room for error...dont give the enemy a chance.  I was asked to leave the bomber hanger up in one mission....I complied and gave the order to leave the offset bomber up.  You want kills, kill some IL2's.

I pay my 15 bucks a month to have fun playing this game and I am going to play it as I see fit.  You want me to care about the way you have fun playing this game?  Well, are you going to care about the way I have fun playing this game?  I think not.  You want to be a scorehog and have a nice low rank on the roster?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.  You want to be recognized "In Neon Lights" for landing your kills?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.

So, JunkyII, since I inspired you to write this thread, and accuse me of taking your fun away, I am going to take my KNIGHT Squad to the Bishops so You can "Furball" with the Rooks without the fear or worry that I will come bomb all the hangers down and ruin your fun.  "That is all I have to say about that." quote Forrest Gump

DOGFITE/Commanding Officer
The *V* DEVILS REJECTS *V*
I see you didn't look at a word I typed to you on 200 tonight...... Let me explain this very clear so you understand the problem. First, understand that good furballs don't come very often to any of the countries that's why you have squads that jump between them searching for these furballs. Next, you must agree that there are more then 12 bases that need to be taken to return the knight land back to where it is when the map is first set. Also, I don't care if you take bases to win the war its just not my thing. Where my problem starts is when we have all these bases that need to be taken back but you decide to kill the hangars to the only good furball on the map even when it was obvious the majority of the people ON BOTH SIDES were there for the furball. Now, you say this was a strategic move....but what about that airfield the rooks own 2-3 sectors south of our Capitol, I think that might be the most important one wouldn't you agree? All we have asked from bomber types like you, is to please have your fun elsewhere so we can have our fun too. You may say "go furball in DA" but the DA has worse problems in it then people just dropping the hangars. Along with that is when we do get a Tank Town map where we can furball in the middle half the time the hangars are also down due to some base taking person not fully understanding why the map is designed like that. I know this isn't a perfect world and the paths of furballers and base takers will collide at certain choke points and that's all "fine and dandy" but it gets frustrating when it seems like your almost doing it on purpose, which you kind of admitted to tonight when you said something along the lines of "I like using the furballers to clear the skies" which is pretty selfish seeing we don't want the skies clear. Finally most of the furballers aren't scorehogs either look up acouple of names in the score section such as AKAK,any Muppet, any 80Th FS member, many of Pigs on the Wing, and many others especially the ones you call SPIES for changing sides. We fly into these furballs to find fights that keep us on the edge of our seat and see how far we can push the limits of the aircrafts we like to fly :rock . Now I'm sorry I called you and your squads tards but it kinda happens when you ask for something acouple of times out of someone and they don't seem to understand why we are asking them.  :salute oh and have fun on the bishops you will find more like me over there but you will also have to put up with J0ker on range vox which cant be worse as flying buffs to the next field to say maybe stop incoming alt monkeys in Tempests hmmmm that may be an idea so you don't ruin the furball next time but would possibly be helpful for both furballers and base takers alike  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
  So, JunkyII, since I inspired you to write this thread, and accuse me of taking your fun away, I am going to take my KNIGHT Squad to the Bishops so You can "Furball" with the Rooks without the fear or worry that I will come bomb all the hangers down and ruin your fun.  "That is all I have to say about that." quote Forrest Gump

Well, you are most welcome (from one "shedder" to another :lol) The "Ragged Irregulars" would be happy to wing with you anytime. :)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
  I guess, since I was called out as the inspiration for this thread to be posted, I feel the need to reply.

Yes, I did plan bombing missions to attack the fields where there was a furball.  The bases in question were the most probable bases that could and needed to be taken in order to have a stageing base to improve the front lines.  They were captured as the mission was planned.  However; I often use a furball as a diversion to take other bases.  I did not bomb these bases in spite of "Furballers"!  I often enjoy furballing, even if I am the one getting killed due to a frame rate of 6 when I go in on the six of an enemy plane.  But my passion, "FUN", in this game is to plan missions to take bases.  And I have a GREAT group of guys in my squad that "HAVE FUN" doing what we do.  As for taking down hangers...well, if a base is flat, there is NO chance for my mission to fail due to the one that gets up to kill the goon as he drops his troops.  I plan missions to hit a base hard and I mean HIT IT HARD!  Take EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!  Leave no room for error...dont give the enemy a chance.  I was asked to leave the bomber hanger up in one mission....I complied and gave the order to leave the offset bomber up.  You want kills, kill some IL2's.

I pay my 15 bucks a month to have fun playing this game and I am going to play it as I see fit.  You want me to care about the way you have fun playing this game?  Well, are you going to care about the way I have fun playing this game?  I think not.  You want to be a scorehog and have a nice low rank on the roster?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.  You want to be recognized "In Neon Lights" for landing your kills?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.

Mmmmm.   More targets  :D

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »
The Knights love to do it all, not just one activity to the exclusion of all others.  Always be considerate of the "furball" areas both air & ground I might add.  There is usually 1 or 2 per map, and I go out of my way not to bomb them and encourage my squad to behave the same way.  Others should be as considerate.  My only caveat is if in the process of attacking a field and a furball results, I will continue to attempt to crush the field.  No complaining in this instance is warranted.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »

Stop furballing and get with the country and take bases! That is the same as telling others to play your way of furballing.  :huh Most of the time in a furball kills are made on someone preoccupied with the plane in thier sights. Pure dogfighting is found with much smaller numbers.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

If it hurt your feelings that I called your friend/virtual squadmate a "Turd", my apologies -- but grow some thicker skin.  This is a BBS of a pretend game.

:)

You need to apologize to the person that you berated, not I.  An apology directed to me is a totally meaningless and insincere act on your part.  The fact that this is only a game makes your remarks all the more inappropriate.  For there was no need at all for you to be so critical of someone for something done inside a mere game.

In sharp contrast to your follow-up, I see that Junky has now offered an apology to DOGFITE in this thread or calling him names.   My view of him has just gone up immensely for being man enough to do that, while my view of you has only continued to degrade further in light of your latest remarks.

If you don't want to be civil, and insist on using vulgar language to describe other players, that is your choice.   But please don't expect me to respect you for making that choice.

---

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
The Knights love to do it all, not just one activity to the exclusion of all others.  Always be considerate of the "furball" areas both air & ground I might add.  There is usually 1 or 2 per map, and I go out of my way not to bomb them and encourage my squad to behave the same way.  Others should be as considerate.  My only caveat is if in the process of attacking a field and a furball results, I will continue to attempt to crush the field.  No complaining in this instance is warranted.

i started a nice little battle last night in mw. it wasn't a furball, or a gv battle, but a combination. we had a couple tanks rolling in, and some aircraft. it wasn't massive at all........just enough to be fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »

:x  :rofl

Hey Junky  :aok, can you keep cleaning house and get rid of Fortress too?

btw - Dogfite at least knew which country would appreciate him the most.  Its a win-win for knits and Bish.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

You need to apologize to the person that you berated, not I.  An apology directed to me is a totally meaningless and insincere act on your part.  The fact that this is only a game makes your remarks all the more inappropriate.  For there was no need at all for you to be so critical of someone for something done inside a mere game.

In sharp contrast to your follow-up, I see that Junky has now offered an apology to DOGFITE in this thread or calling him names.   My view of him has just gone up immensely for being man enough to do that, while my view of you has only continued to degrade further in light of your latest remarks.

If you don't want to be civil, and insist on using vulgar language to describe other players, that is your choice.   But please don't expect me to respect you for making that choice.

---

You sure are upset about this for some odd reason!  WTF!  I'm glad this isn't on a gun message board I frequent! Then I'd be worried!   :lol

Sorry DOGFITE for referring to your actions as "Turd-like" thus insinuating you were a "Turd" in the virtual skies of AH2 that one night in August of 2009!

I'm not sure it is having as profound of an effect on you as it is on TwinEng though!  (read:  I don't think you care what I think and let it affect you.  And you shouldn't.)

:)

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:22 PM »
 :rofl :rofl

Followed by another turd-like response..

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
I see you didn't look at a word I typed to you on 200 tonight...... Let me explain this very clear so you understand the problem. First, understand that good furballs don't come very often to any of the countries that's why you have squads that jump between them searching for these furballs. Next, you must agree that there are more then 12 bases that need to be taken to return the knight land back to where it is when the map is first set. Also, I don't care if you take bases to win the war its just not my thing. Where my problem starts is when we have all these bases that need to be taken back but you decide to kill the hangars to the only good furball on the map even when it was obvious the majority of the people ON BOTH SIDES were there for the furball. Now, you say this was a strategic move....but what about that airfield the rooks own 2-3 sectors south of our Capitol, I think that might be the most important one wouldn't you agree? All we have asked from bomber types like you, is to please have your fun elsewhere so we can have our fun too. You may say "go furball in DA" but the DA has worse problems in it then people just dropping the hangars. Along with that is when we do get a Tank Town map where we can furball in the middle half the time the hangars are also down due to some base taking person not fully understanding why the map is designed like that. I know this isn't a perfect world and the paths of furballers and base takers will collide at certain choke points and that's all "fine and dandy" but it gets frustrating when it seems like your almost doing it on purpose, which you kind of admitted to tonight when you said something along the lines of "I like using the furballers to clear the skies" which is pretty selfish seeing we don't want the skies clear. Finally most of the furballers aren't scorehogs either look up acouple of names in the score section such as AKAK,any Muppet, any 80Th FS member, many of Pigs on the Wing, and many others especially the ones you call SPIES for changing sides. We fly into these furballs to find fights that keep us on the edge of our seat and see how far we can push the limits of the aircrafts we like to fly :rock . Now I'm sorry I called you and your squads tards but it kinda happens when you ask for something acouple of times out of someone and they don't seem to understand why we are asking them.  :salute oh and have fun on the bishops you will find more like me over there but you will also have to put up with J0ker on range vox which cant be worse as flying buffs to the next field to say maybe stop incoming alt monkeys in Tempests hmmmm that may be an idea so you don't ruin the furball next time but would possibly be helpful for both furballers and base takers alike  :aok

omfg junky, press enter more often. I'm having a hard time trying to follow which line I'm reading !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Bomb the zone bases and leave the rest to the fighter jocks..  :salute
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »

JunkyII       For one, you never came to me asking me not to attack any base YOU were flying in a furball.  I once flew with you and the POTW.....you know the caliber of bomber pilot I am.  I respect the POTW.  But I disagree with you on the subject of "furballs dont come very often".  Get real...there is a furball erupting somewhere else every time a base with a furball is taken.  Just look for the enemy base that is the closest to your own base.  Ya see, furballers dont like to fly very far to get into the action.  Bomber pilots have to fly a good distance to do what they do.

But it really doesn't matter.....we both have different styles of "Game Play" when it comes to this game.  I cant furball due to my poor frame rate...so I bomb.  You dont bomb cause you dont have the patience for it.  So anyway......I guess I fixed the problem by going to another country....the problem you have with me anyway.  But there will be someone else for you to cry about and call names.  Possibly....why you have to go to the Blue Arena cause in the Orange Arena....There aren't too many bases to take off from when the Bish have most of the KNIGHT fields.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Nits have 1DOGFITE, us Rooks have Dredger---BOTH have similar views: Wherever a HUGE furball is taking place and heap many folks are having fun, for SOME reason seems the most logical place to start the evening's diabolical plan to turn the map green :frown: Were they to join forces, the world could well come to an end
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
Don't forget FBdred and his lemmings for knights. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!