Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 19348 times)

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
Perhaps it was merely the most accurate adjective to describe the behavior he was witness to that would get through the BBS language filter.

Well, but all dictionaries describe the use of the word as an adjective as being vulgar.

So you are saying that you condone people speaking in a vulgar manner??

Is that the preferable way that you like to be treated??

--

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
Ive known Dogfite longer then you "turd" nugget. Hes a RETARD and is all about taking out the hangars at the big furballs, and nobody was saying crap to him at first and my proof here is, we were furballing...........BTW in my unit many people say turd many times a day so i guess all us soldiers are juvenile, just because people dont say it where you live dont assume nobody does, that is juvenile thinking

As I said previously, the term is described in all dictionaries as being vulgar usage of the English language.

If you and your friends like to speak in such vulgar language, that is your right.  But I also have the right to describe the use of vulgar language as being what it really is: a clear sign of immaturity.

And as for DOGFITE, you obviously don't really know the man, or what he is truly like.

--

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:34 PM »

He acted like an immature kid, using the word "turd" to describe another person in his post.

Tell me, is it part of your normal routine in your daily life to go around using the word "turd" to describe other people??   Would you ever describe a person as being a "turd" to their face?  Do you perhaps work in an office?   If so, would you ever refer to a co-worker as being a "turd".

The use of the word "turd" was totally gratuitous and juvenile on his part, and was completely unnecessary.

And don't try to twist this around as you so cleverly did in yours second to last sentence, trying to make it look like I refer to people as "turds".   It is YOUR FRIEND who likes to use that word to describe people, not me.   He is the one that you really need to have a talk to, not me.

--

Nah, "Turd-like" is an accurate description of the behavior experienced last night, and if somebody is acting like that, and I post it, so be it.

This isn't an office environment - it's a video game where people are having fun.  His actions, shutting down the fighters at the base, which were fun for him, put a halt to the fun being had by dozens of other people.  That's what a "Turd" would do. 

I really don't care too much about his actions, or if you associate with him.  I think some take this way too far and make it much too important (ie: hunting and stalking and crap).

My suggestion was to make arrangements to move the fun (furballing) to other bases when somebody decides to be a turd and ruin the fun.

If it hurt your feelings that I called your friend/virtual squadmate a "Turd", my apologies -- but grow some thicker skin.  This is a BBS of a pretend game.

:)

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »

And as for DOGFITE, you obviously don't really know the man, or what he is truly like.

--

This is the truth.  And I wouldn't assume to know that, or call him anything in regards to the real person behind the screen.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline hymijr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2009, 11:02:30 PM »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »
When I had time to play, I actually enjoyed taking a 110 heavy into a vulchfest just to drop the FH's. You talk about whining on local vox after I destroyed the last one  :t
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2009, 11:09:05 PM »
If you paid attention, he's saying to pound the nearby large and medium fields into rubble, thus isolating your target base. Which then trying to take it will NOT be doomed to failure, because the enemy will be unable to mount a strong counter attack from those surrounding fields.

If you paid attention, you might have noticed that I said yes, you can do that, but it takes three or four times as many buff pilots because you're levelling three or four times as many bases.

But that's really beside the point. Either way the furball is going to have to move someplace else if the base take succeeds.

On maps that do have a sort of "furball area" aka "fighter town" the first thing the dirt farmers do is kill that area so that the furballers will disperse and join one of there base takes. This happens all the time. If you deny it, your too new to the game to know better.

I have never buffed a base at fighter town, nor have I ever seen members of my squad do so. Whether other people do it or not, I can't say, so you must be right. But our squad can't help what others do.

To commenters who say "will defend the base better"...ummmm the furball is usually below 10k. The tools come in at 20k in b26's, nose down to 300mph and make there attack. THERE IS NO WAY you can stop them if everyone is furballing. Besides it wont matter.

I have never bombed above 16k that I can recall, though I can't swear I've never done it. SOP for our squad's raids is anywhere from 10k to 15k (7-8k if bombing a CV) in Lancs going 160 IAS straight and level.

You can tell the people you're talking about because they can't hit a darned thing, including fighters parked on their 6.  :lol

and BTW.....killing FH to take the base is a waste of time.

I won't lecture you on how to furball, don't try to lecture me or my squad on how to take a base or bomb.

The one thing I see consistently is a total disrespect to players who just want to furball.

I think there's a lot of disrespect going both ways as evidenced by the tone of this thread. I at least restrict my ranting and name-calling to squad vox.

Seems if your not trying to win the war you should just "go to the DA".

Negative. If you don't want to be offended by other players around you aiming to capture fields and win the war go to the DA. Can you see the difference?

And another thing. NoNE OF YOU dirt farmers could take jack poop without us furballers to cap the base for you. When the last time a bunch of fun police took anything.

Umm... last night? Or give me 10 minutes after I post this...

I personally dont like giant furballs.

I agree, they're just too random, and the local odds can swing back and forth to extremes very quickly. Sure, there are a few pilots who can truly master that environment, but not many, probably not 10%, maybe not even 5%. I frequently see some folks in this forum (Steve) berating others for not being able to, or trying to, match the skills of the top 0.5% of the fighter ranks. I think that's a little unrealistic. Most people in this game will never be able to handle 6 or 8 opponents at once who have the slightest idea what they're doing no matter how long they fly or how much they train, unless they're cruising 5k above them anyway. Learning to face even odds or say 2-1 or 3-2 and survive is a more realistic expectation.

(And of course, it stands to reason that half the pilots in the game are going to be below average.)

Base takes never result in a furball because everyone lands and poof no fight anymore

Oh, come on - tons of them result in a furball before the base gets taken, and a lot of 'em go on after that when the defender tries to retake it.

Using one squad, out of an enormous player base is, by no means a way to present a true representation of the entire spectrum of game-play.

Understood, but I am using my squad's behavior because there have been a lot of insults swung specifically at us and our CO in this thread (not by you). I can't help what some mythical and anonymous squad or players might do, but I can tell what my squad does and doesn't do.

Your full of crap guy. Your sqaud is always the first to be trying to take the the fighter hangars at any base.

You don't read too great, do ya, son?

gosh im rantingthis is retarded because you cant win a fight with ignorance

You are certainly correct there: you will never win a fight by employing ignorance.

You might also find you're more persuasive if you forego the fit-throwing and name-calling. It's just human nature that when you act that way people will only want to annoy you more.

Are people here so immature that they cannot express themselves without engaging in name calling???

That appears to be the case.

And I think that's the last word I have to say on this topic.  :rolleyes:

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »
I'm not sure about the better bombateers but it takes me two passes to kill the hangers at a small base. then it takes me about 7 o 8 minutes to turn with out losing my drones and to hit the last hanger. So if it was one guy then the hangers would be up in about 7 minutes. I don't see the problem.

As far as taking the base goes, whether to take the hangers down or not depends on the mission type. Obviously, noe no. However, where you expect their to be a lot of resistance, then you may want to take down the hangers first to get a solid cap. The town can be taken down in about 5 minutes depending on numbers. In fact they timed it once under Ghi, it took 45 seconds after the first bomb was dropped and the troops went in. In that instance no hangers were destroyed. Just depends on numbers, skill, and coordination. Sometimes you may want to take the hangers down if you are just being horded.

Anyway, most play the game the way they enjoy it regardless of how others think they should.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »
I can appreciate jumping to the aide of a friend, which is precisely what I'm doing here.  Mir did not mention DOGFITE's squad at all, he merely stated one example of one player that was behaving in a way he did not agree with.  Every squad is entitled to their own turds as you call them.  For instance we in the 80th have Mensa.

:rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »

Well, he is a hard drinker, so it sounds like you may have been unfortunate enough to piss him off one night when he was flying drunk.

--

reminded me of this guy. Is that wrong

don't ho that mountain brah

Dude they let him drive a f@ckin train too...holy shi@

Death to the toolshedders. Turn on friendly fire so we can frag em ;)
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2009, 12:32:52 AM »
<---- Raw Prawns resident Turd with cluster ( and token drunk )
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2009, 01:39:47 AM »
No one mentioned that the Knits weren't trying to take the base, hence the town being predominantly untouched.  A perfect target? 

I mean, it's the Knits.  Take a base??

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:59 AM »
No one mentioned that the Knits weren't trying to take the base, hence the town being predominantly untouched.  A perfect target? 

wrongway
Make knights a furballer only country  :rock
If you paid attention, you might have noticed that I said yes, you can do that, but it takes three or four times as many buff pilots because you're levelling three or four times as many bases.

But that's really beside the point. Either way the furball is going to have to move someplace else if the base take succeeds.

I have never buffed a base at fighter town, nor have I ever seen members of my squad do so. Whether other people do it or not, I can't say, so you must be right. But our squad can't help what others do.

I have never bombed above 16k that I can recall, though I can't swear I've never done it. SOP for our squad's raids is anywhere from 10k to 15k (7-8k if bombing a CV) in Lancs going 160 IAS straight and level.

You can tell the people you're talking about because they can't hit a darned thing, including fighters parked on their 6.  :lol

I won't lecture you on how to furball, don't try to lecture me or my squad on how to take a base or bomb.

I think there's a lot of disrespect going both ways as evidenced by the tone of this thread. I at least restrict my ranting and name-calling to squad vox.

Negative. If you don't want to be offended by other players around you aiming to capture fields and win the war go to the DA. Can you see the difference?

Umm... last night? Or give me 10 minutes after I post this...

I agree, they're just too random, and the local odds can swing back and forth to extremes very quickly. Sure, there are a few pilots who can truly master that environment, but not many, probably not 10%, maybe not even 5%. I frequently see some folks in this forum (Steve) berating others for not being able to, or trying to, match the skills of the top 0.5% of the fighter ranks. I think that's a little unrealistic. Most people in this game will never be able to handle 6 or 8 opponents at once who have the slightest idea what they're doing no matter how long they fly or how much they train, unless they're cruising 5k above them anyway. Learning to face even odds or say 2-1 or 3-2 and survive is a more realistic expectation.

(And of course, it stands to reason that half the pilots in the game are going to be below average.)

Oh, come on - tons of them result in a furball before the base gets taken, and a lot of 'em go on after that when the defender tries to retake it.

Understood, but I am using my squad's behavior because there have been a lot of insults swung specifically at us and our CO in this thread (not by you). I can't help what some mythical and anonymous squad or players might do, but I can tell what my squad does and doesn't do.

You don't read too great, do ya, son?

You are certainly correct there: you will never win a fight by employing ignorance.

You might also find you're more persuasive if you forego the fit-throwing and name-calling. It's just human nature that when you act that way people will only want to annoy you more.

That appears to be the case.

And I think that's the last word I have to say on this topic.  :rolleyes:

Persuasive....I think its past that when Ive already brought this topic up before, maybe ill start reminding you in game everytime i see you about how retarded your style of play is then you will change your way...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:33 AM »
  I guess, since I was called out as the inspiration for this thread to be posted, I feel the need to reply.

Yes, I did plan bombing missions to attack the fields where there was a furball.  The bases in question were the most probable bases that could and needed to be taken in order to have a stageing base to improve the front lines.  They were captured as the mission was planned.  However; I often use a furball as a diversion to take other bases.  I did not bomb these bases in spite of "Furballers"!  I often enjoy furballing, even if I am the one getting killed due to a frame rate of 6 when I go in on the six of an enemy plane.  But my passion, "FUN", in this game is to plan missions to take bases.  And I have a GREAT group of guys in my squad that "HAVE FUN" doing what we do.  As for taking down hangers...well, if a base is flat, there is NO chance for my mission to fail due to the one that gets up to kill the goon as he drops his troops.  I plan missions to hit a base hard and I mean HIT IT HARD!  Take EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!  Leave no room for error...dont give the enemy a chance.  I was asked to leave the bomber hanger up in one mission....I complied and gave the order to leave the offset bomber up.  You want kills, kill some IL2's.

I pay my 15 bucks a month to have fun playing this game and I am going to play it as I see fit.  You want me to care about the way you have fun playing this game?  Well, are you going to care about the way I have fun playing this game?  I think not.  You want to be a scorehog and have a nice low rank on the roster?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.  You want to be recognized "In Neon Lights" for landing your kills?  Thats fine and dandy.  It's your 15 bucks.

So, JunkyII, since I inspired you to write this thread, and accuse me of taking your fun away, I am going to take my KNIGHT Squad to the Bishops so You can "Furball" with the Rooks without the fear or worry that I will come bomb all the hangers down and ruin your fun.  "That is all I have to say about that." quote Forrest Gump

DOGFITE/Commanding Officer
The *V* DEVILS REJECTS *V*

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2009, 07:19:17 AM »

wrongway

There are other reasons to take down FH's other then to take the base.
Such as when your country is being overwhelmed in a area.
Since an infinite number of planes can up from any base at any time. It would seem logical to take out the FH's at the base providing these numbers.
Given the way the knits had been being gangbanged over the last couple of weeks in LW Orange I can understand how some might want to take down the FH's at enemy bases.

Bottom line is as it always has been.
If you dont want your bases bombed. Defend them better.
If your not willing to defend your bases against bombing and always leave that task for someone else to do then you have no legitimate reason to whine about it
Make like the rooks. Who of the three sides is the only country  I've seen to consistently have aircraft loitering 20K over their own bases regardless if there is a capture attempt going on there or not.

Finally. Taking out the FH's doest stop the furball. It ony provides a momentary pause or a change in scenery at worst as the furball moves to a different location

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty