Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18884 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2009, 01:42:07 AM »

Now when I only have 4 guys on in my squad, and we try to take a base, and I ask for the help of my countrymen and dont get any help, I have to "Bail" from my bomber to bring back what I need to hopefully take that base.  You will NEVER see me bailing out of a plane when there is an enemy on my six or close to me.

Then I would say you cant take the base. Anything else is just gameing. Agreed its a fault in the game that you can get away with this kind of thing but it detracts from the whole experience in my opinion. OK its your choice and there will always be someone who has this kind of view in the game.

I hope HTC finds a viable way to put a stop to this. :pray
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:48 AM »
just the title of this thread almost makes one want to drop as many fighter hangars as one can.

possibly a nice big mission to the front line bases...and drop whatever we can before we get kilt.

i like seeing those cartoon fires. they make it easier for me to navigate my cartoon airplane through the cartoon sky back to my cartoon base, so i can have some cartoon beer with my cartoon crewchief, then re-up in a cartoon fighter to go fly into some cartoon trees.  :noid

Do you have a recipe for that?  All-grain or extract?  Ale or lager?

I would like to brew some.......
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »
Steve....I dont know who the pictures of the fighter is but it is surely not me. 

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »
You might be famous, but its like DrDeath famous, nobody likes you

I dont think you are on anyones favorites list either JunkyII from what I hear.  You are just one that likes to point the finger at someone when you dont get your way.  I read another thread posted on the forums and you pointed the finger at Jokers Jokers....so grow up!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:09 AM »
You might be famous, but its like DrDeath famous, nobody likes you

some thrive on that.

there's an entire squad that thrives on being disliked.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
I foresee 15 - 16 pages on this thread. Any bets?

Glad I didn't. :)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »
Glad I didn't. :)

it hasn't made 15 yet.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
So you will kill a fight, whether the guys in the fight want you to or don't want you to?  Do you even check with the crowd before doing so?

First, it isn't like "the group" is an organized group of people all after the same thing, it's not as if one "group" contacted the other "group" and said, let's fight here!  Second, I would say 9 times out of 10, if you ask a group what they want bombed at a base, not a single person will answer.

I really don't know why it's so hard to understand what the point is of this thread.  Like most, you've totally missed it by a mile.

Here is the point of this thread written as simply as possible, hopefully after this people will get the point.

Group A is mad at Group B because Group B is not playing how Group A feels they should.
Group A then flies to where Group B is having fun dogfighting with both sides not making any attempts at a base capture
Group B sees Group A flying towards the fight in bombers and asks Group A repeatedly not bomb the bases where the fight is taking place
Group A ignores the requests of Group B because, after all, Group A knows what's best and only their way of play is allowed in their eyes
Group A destroys the hangers at the bases and the fight ends and Group B's fun is ruined because Group A are a bunch of tools
Group A now proudly proclaims they've killed the fight so now Group B should help them win the war by taking more bases because in Group A's eyes, this is the only way to play
Group B tells Group A to twittle off.

That's the point of this thread, not whether or not you should bomb a base or capture one.  It's all about being cognisant of other player's play style and respecting it and not intentionally going out of ones way to ruin another groups fun just because one group feels that the other group shouldn't play that way.

ack-ack

I see exactly what you're trying to make the point of this thread to be...  However, 1. There is no group A or group B, we're all on the same side, but people get enjoyment out of this game in different ways.  You can't get mad at a bomber pilot enjoying the game just because he doesn't get enjoyment out of it the same way you do.  2. He does not go on a bombing run because he wants to ruin the game for other people, that's just absurd. :rolleyes:

Anyway, how often does taking down the FH really kill off a fight?  A bomber usually has to make two passes to take down all the fh, that delay will leave the FH down for around 10 min.  A good back and forth fight between two bases doesn't get killed in 10 min.

This is with all do respect gentlemen. <S>  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
First, it isn't like "the group" is an organized group of people all after the same thing, it's not as if one "group" contacted the other "group" and said, let's fight here!  Second, I would say 9 times out of 10, if you ask a group what they want bombed at a base, not a single person will answer.

I see exactly what you're trying to make the point of this thread to be...  However, 1. There is no group A or group B, we're all on the same side, but people get enjoyment out of this game in different ways.  You can't get mad at a bomber pilot enjoying the game just because he doesn't get enjoyment out of it the same way you do.  2. He does not go on a bombing run because he wants to ruin the game for other people, that's just absurd. :rolleyes:

Anyway, how often does taking down the FH really kill off a fight?  A bomber usually has to make two passes to take down all the fh, that delay will leave the FH down for around 10 min.  A good back and forth fight between two bases doesn't get killed in 10 min.

This is with all do respect gentlemen. <S>  :aok

on your point 2, you're wrong.

there are some that do just that. they will drop a cv, in the midst of a huge furball....then they jump on 200 bragtging about their skillz.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »
Out of this whole thread, I just want to know....

.... but you ain't capturing nothing by avacadoting hangers....

How do you avocado a hangar?
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
Out of this whole thread, I just want to know....

How do you avocado a hangar?

Filter changed the word... :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
Do you have a recipe for that?  All-grain or extract?  Ale or lager?

I would like to brew some.......

It's usually a pretentious little lager.
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
It's usually a pretentious little lager.

Currently, I am set up to brew up to 15 gallons per brew session.

Will the equipment that I have work?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
Steve....I dont know who the pictures of the fighter is but it is surely not me. 

Poor effort.  I'm in the fighter. You were in lancs.  I killed your drones and you bailed from the third plane.

You will NEVER see me bailing out of a plane when there is an enemy on my six or close to me.

I posted film and screen shot of you doing exactly that.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »

OH Snap!