Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 18737 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »
From the official AH help pages: http://www2.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/map.html

:noid  :lol

Touché. :noid  Wish they would change that.  Base capture is the number one killer of good fights in the arenas.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
Touché. :noid  Wish they would change that.  Base capture is the number one killer of good fights in the arenas.

That may happen, but all in all, in my opinion, it's the #1 generator of good fights, epic battles & variety of combat situations.

I'm no landgrabber, but if there were no captures at all, I would have been long gone.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »
I can't read two pages of responses every time I post something, lol, so I've just got one thing to say...

You can't let one person ruin the game for you (DOGFITE, I'm not saying you did anything, I wasn't there, I'm just talking in general terms).  Don't you get mad when you take a carrier and move it 2 hours to another base only to have a guy up while you're trying to set up a mission to take it.  Don't you get mad when you try to run an NOE mission and you have the squeaker flying 500 feet above the water, or worse yet going from 100 to 500 setting off the dar like a darn cop siren.  It's something you have to deal with, but you'd be a lot better off to just sigh and move on, because it's not going to change.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »

That is complete BS!  I didn't say no such thing.  

It's not BS, it's what you said that night and your actions also further back it up.  You were repeatedly asked not to bomb the fighter hangers at A89 but you kept on going on how you were doing to bomb the hangers because you wanted us to help take back the bases we had lost earlier.  You also stated that by doing this, you're stopping our score whoring.  The simple fact is, you intentionally went out to ruin another group's fun because you were acting like a spoiled tottler that wasn't getting his way.  You are a tool and I will relish hunting your unskilled arse.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »
...I dont bail in air to air combat when I am in my Lancs or any other plane. 

Hmm the screeenies and film show a different story but ok.  This was just a couple of nights ago, you were bombing 83.  You were with 4 or five sets of lancs. Coincidently, other sets bailed as well.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Looks like 'DOGFIGHT" got caught in a lie.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2009, 04:53:34 PM »
That may happen, but all in all, in my opinion, it's the #1 generator of good fights, epic battles & variety of combat situations.

I'm no landgrabber, but if there were no captures at all, I would have been long gone.

You have got to be kidding me.

Common sights during base capture attempts:

Lemming attacks on field objects
Attacking wirbelwinds driving around outside of ack range trying to pick off defending fighters
A horde of P-51s and Typhoons perched above the field
A horde of Spit XVIs swarming at 100' agl to defend it
Bombers at 20k dropping the FH's
Insta-gang-up on anyone who strays from their countrymen.

That's the antithesis of a "good fight" if you ask me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.

Common sights during base capture attempts:

Lemming attacks on field objects
Attacking wirbelwinds driving around outside of ack range trying to pick off defending fighters
A horde of P-51s and Typhoons perched above the field
A horde of Spit XVIs swarming at 100' agl to defend it
Bombers at 20k dropping the FH's
Insta-gang-up on anyone who strays from their countrymen.

That's the antithesis of a "good fight" if you ask me.

Fortunately, I find much more than just that in Aces High II.

What's  the contrary? Uncapturable bases with a good everlasting furball between them? Fun for short time, utterly boring on the long run.

Ther's good and bad in the MA. And the good thing is the variety of battles & fights I'm still able to find.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:58:57 PM by Lusche »

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »
Alright, I have had enough of this thread.  I am now going to state my opinion of what I think is right and wrong.  Dogfite, I agree with you 100%.  This is the main arena people, the object is to take bases.  Someone posted earlier about having HT fix this "problem" of dropping hangers and killing a furball but he already did, it's called the dueling arena.  Now there isn't a score kept there but if there was would you fly there?  That should be a better suggestion to him.  No wonder my country keeps losing bases and wars if this is the attitude of the players.  .  We all pay to play, and if it is allowed, let them.  If all you want to do is furball, which I do like to do myself, then complain to hitech that he should have a scoring system in the da.  A lot of you say I'm not in it for the score but yet you complain about a furball being broken up.  Last time I checked, there is a continous furball going on in the da that no one can interupt.  If you say is true, that you don't care about score and just want to furball, go there!  The main arena's were created for war scenarios, and sometimes furballs come to light, but base taking is the objective.  So shut the heck up if your complaining about a furball being stopped by hangers being dropped.  The same complainers complain about how the other countries are taking all of our bases, so what is your view then?  There are many who would like to see things in this game go along with what they want to see.  A thread was started recently about WW1 planes, and this game is based on WW2.  Everyone wants to see their own thing they are interested in and Hitech has done that by putting in different arenas.  If all you want to do is furball, fine go to the dueling arena.  If you want to furball in the main arena, fine, but don't complain when someone kills your furball.  

Stone me if you will, but for crying out loud, think about what you are talking about and what's available before you start screaming and complaining about things that hitech has thought of and givin different options for!

Salute to all, but this is THE MOST CHILDISH THREAD I have read that continues to keep going.

Think in the mind of those that have a different opinion, it will make you a better individual.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »
No wonder my country keeps losing bases and wars if this is the attitude of the players

This is the attitude of most of the players.  Most don't care that much about captures and winning the war.

For my part, I think we need capturable bases because I believe they start many of the fights.  I don't participate in base capture but I lover defending against it(horde busting). As for winning the war.... like most, I cannot begin to care about it, even when I try.

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
I agree with you steve, but the option is there to take bases. The whole point of what hitech was thinking, I believe, when he created the main arenas.  And besides, if you start steamrolling bases, pilots will start upping to stop it which in a sense, creates furballs. 
     And since hitech thought of the furball mindset, he wouldn't have created the dueling arena.  I though would like to see scoring there which I think most furballers are giving the bases of their argument.

So what I am saying is if someone bombs the hangers, say ahhhhh, and go to the next base.  Otherwise tell hitech to get rid of bombers, the main arenas, and go to nothing but furballing. 
   It's the diversity of this game that keeps me coming back.  Knowing that everytime I sign on I have the option of doing what I want cause in fact, that's what I am paying my money for right?

And also, I really doubt that anyone in this game bombs hangers for the sole purpose of ticking countrymen off.  I think that is what a couple of people interpret that to be but as we all know, when someone puts something in print, others believe it to be true.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:23:54 PM by canacka »
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2009, 05:28:52 PM »

What's  the contrary? Uncapturable bases with a good everlasting furball between them? Fun for short time, utterly boring on the long run.

Too bad you never got to experience the VoD (Valley of Dweebs) in AW.  There was always a 20+ furball going on pretty much 24/7 (or at least until server reset) between A82 and B85.  Only half a sector apart with a river dividing the two bases and you were in the thick of it as soon as your wheels went up.  Even though it was on the far eastern side of the Small Euro map on the Az/Bzland side, you'd see quite a large number of Czlanders that would fly half way across the map just to take part in the furball.  Great times, great fun and great fights.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
Too bad you never got to experience the VoD (Valley of Dweebs) in AW.  There was always a 20+ furball going on pretty much 24/7 (or at least until server reset) between A82 and B85.  Only half a sector apart with a river dividing the two bases and you were in the thick of it as soon as your wheels went up.  Even though it was on the far eastern side of the Small Euro map on the Az/Bzland side, you'd see quite a large number of Czlanders that would fly half way across the map just to take part in the furball.  Great times, great fun and great fights.

ack-ack

I loved the VoD

Funny, after the demise of AH I met and became friends with Grey Eagle.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »

ack-ack

I do not doubt it was great fun...
But a single type of battle can't keep my attention for long.
Back when we had Fighter Town in AH (I know, it's in no way comparable) I had great fun for 30mins... then I got bored. It's with every kind of combat here.
But then, I'm also not one of the guys that can fly one plane almost exclusively  :P

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »
Wow, when I come back I am going to make it a point to hunt him and his squad.
you wont be able to, i have already killed them :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"