Author Topic: PILOT WOUND  (Read 727 times)

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
PILOT WOUND
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »
i dont know if its a bug or it was changed to be this way with the new version,but its ridicoulis that a 1 ping pilot wound comes with blacking out every 10secs or so then a death in under 2mins,surely it is not intended to be that quick,i hope anyway. :uhoh

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: PILOT WOUND
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:04:01 AM »
Well, how long would you think it takes for a pilot that is shot, and who's heart is working at jackhammer speed to bleed out most of the ~8 pints of blood in his system, while usually alternating between both positive and negative G-forces?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
Well, how long would you think it takes for a pilot that is shot, and who's heart is working at jackhammer speed to bleed out most of the ~8 pints of blood in his system, while usually alternating between both positive and negative G-forces?
well once again this is not real life it is a GAME,and that would depend on where he was shot at,in a under 2min death would have to be a main artery no matter how many Gs
so i guess all pilot wounds are considered to be hits in the juggular and another main arterys then going by what your saying.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:10:10 AM by danny37 »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:01 AM »
Have you ever been shot before? If not go try it, then tell us how realistic it is.  :rolleyes:
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »
Well in Pearl Harbor the spit pilot was able to land his plane before dying why cant I?????? :Dlol
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:07:42 AM »
And danny this GAME is a SIMULATION which means it tries to be pretty close to realism.
The Misfit Toys
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:11:03 AM »
And danny this GAME is a SIMULATION which means it tries to be pretty close to realism.
yes but still a GAME,and i dont recall any spits being in peral harbor,might check your history
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:12:39 AM by danny37 »

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »
talking about the movie might wanna get on your ben affleck jokes...
The Misfit Toys

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
Just because it is a game, does that mean that a pilot should live longer than he is supposed to? At least you can still maneuver the plane to the best of its ability. Go play Il-2 if you want pilot wounds that don't kill you, don't expect to be able to fly the plane though.
The Misfit Toys

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »
actually in IL2 your pilot gets hit and your instantly dead, plane goes out of control, auger into the earth.

In Pearl harbor (the movie) he was not wounded he had an oil leak and probably hydraulic pressure issues and crashed into the ocean.

TT
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 03:01:24 AM »
actually in IL2 your pilot gets hit and your instantly dead, plane goes out of control, auger into the earth.

In Pearl harbor (the movie) he was not wounded he had an oil leak and probably hydraulic pressure issues and crashed into the ocean.

TT

In Il2 if your pilot gets hit and it is NOT fatal your controls become dampened, and the pilot BEFORE affleck was shot and was able to land his plane. If you remember when his crew chief shows him the plane and the cockpit is filled with blood.
The Misfit Toys

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 05:49:27 AM »
Just because it is a game, does that mean that a pilot should live longer than he is supposed to? At least you can still maneuver the plane to the best of its ability. Go play Il-2 if you want pilot wounds that don't kill you, don't expect to be able to fly the plane though.
you know you guys its a post about a POSSIBLE bug,i dont know if it was meant to be the way it is,but not all pilot wounds in WW2 were fatal as they are in this game either,you guys must have no life at all to just jump on the BB and start bashing every post you see just becase its not what you think,i bet you hate your job and beat your wife and kids when you get home to make yourselves feel superior in your meaningless little lives,so to make yourself feel  better about doing that you turn into internet tough guys and start bashing.i dont see where ben afflack and peral harbor have anything to do with this.if you dont have something to add to the post positively then i suggest not adding anything at all!!maybe try this for an idea,actually read the post and understand it before you start mouthing off,just a suggestion.the pilot wounds i can handle,i was just stating that they are alot different than in version 2.13 :rolleyes:

TT
i would prefer it to be an instant death rather than the blackout every 10secs and death in less than 2mins,i mean whats the difference unless your right by one of your own fields.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:53:53 AM by danny37 »

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 06:08:08 AM »
It is my understanding that in game there is only supposed to be one type of pilot wound.  HTC comfirmed this in a thread a few years back.....when challenged about pilot wounds.  The "read me's" have not mentioned type 1, type 2, type 3 pilot wounds. 

Experience shows us that you have approximately 6 minutes before the pilot die's....enough time to RTB.  However, there seems to either be a bug like double pilot wound or there is indeed various types of pilot wound.....which hasn't been pegged to a "read me".

I have experienced different types of pilot wounds since the update.  Some have been fatal within 3 or 4 minutes.  The question is .....................Is it a bug or new feature?

Offline Padre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »
Why doesn't a pilot pass out in a non-O2 AC like the Il16 over 14.5 k or at least start to feel REALLY Funny?
Ever been to pikes peak? that's just 12k, and it felt miserable.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 08:03:21 AM »
There is one type of pilot wound, the time between black out intervals and life time is randomized with in ranges. You simply were at the short end of the range.

HiTech