Author Topic: CAN SOME1 FROM HTC ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE  (Read 2101 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: CAN SOME1 FROM HTC ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
Sorry for the caps.  Life wasn't bad before the upgrade, now Gving u get the added joy of driving across nearly flat landscape with the added bonus of getting ranged 5k away. WHY did u get rid of the hills? Vehicles r exposed over large areas of terrain. Would it be so difficult to put a tanktown in EVERY map without the silly little spawn in types? The tank town where each team gets 3 v bases and an airbase is perfect. Not everyone enjoys driving 10 minutes to a base in some cases, nor do they have the time every time they log on. The trees r excessive in the new maps, and the hills are nearly all gone. I hope this isn't the final upgrade because if a person likes GVing these maps are a major disappointment. If all a person does is fly a plane your good to go, who cares.  :furious I'm giving this a couple weeks to see where it goes and hopefully it will be in a more positive direction. I don't know who's advice you took to implement these changes but it doesn't seem like you asked anyone that uses GVs a lot.
Full throttle, high gear...don't camp. Easy stuff.

How many maps have circulated since the upgrades? 2 maybe 3? If you're not flexible enough to adjust to different terrains...it's your loss.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »
The only difference with out the hills is that there is a higher turn over rate at the spawn campground. More people dying more often on all sides.  So no, there will be no more 30 - 50 kills per sortie in a tiger hiding in a hole.  Personally I think that all gv spawn on spawn locations should be removed.  Half the time one spawn is facing in the wrong direction making it impossible to fight out of a camped situation.  I.E you spawn in facing west and the enemy spawn is to your side and you have no time to manuver either your tank or your turret.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
Sorry for the caps.  Life wasn't bad before the upgrade, now Gving u get the added joy of driving across nearly flat landscape with the added bonus of getting ranged 5k away. WHY did u get rid of the hills? Vehicles r exposed over large areas of terrain. Would it be so difficult to put a tanktown in EVERY map without the silly little spawn in types? The tank town where each team gets 3 v bases and an airbase is perfect. Not everyone enjoys driving 10 minutes to a base in some cases, nor do they have the time every time they log on. The trees r excessive in the new maps, and the hills are nearly all gone. I hope this isn't the final upgrade because if a person likes GVing these maps are a major disappointment. If all a person does is fly a plane your good to go, who cares.  :furious I'm giving this a couple weeks to see where it goes and hopefully it will be in a more positive direction. I don't know who's advice you took to implement these changes but it doesn't seem like you asked anyone that uses GVs a lot.

The only people squealing about the new / old style of GV'ing are the habitual campers.  Perhaps a fresh out look is all that's needed especially if you have the ability to fire on the move. 

Not to worry though campers ...they're chucking in some taller hedges so you can whack a mole till hearts content  :rolleyes:

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
This was on another topic so don't worry they are on top of it.

Regarding the hills, we removed them because we were having a lot of trouble getting them to look right with the new way the terrain is displayed, so we've removed them for now.  They will most likely be put back into the game after we get the major stability issues cleared up, and we have time to work on the smaller issues.

The hedgerows will be fixed with the next patch that involves an art update.  I had accidentally made them too small.  You will have plenty to hide behind soon enough.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
I quit because the ground game sux, and the new terrains on low res look freaking pathetic...

Still ghosting around waiting to see if they actualy intend on doing anything about the new terrains, or just want the folks who can afford graphics cards as customers...

Id love to see them headline that they are throwng out the new terrains because they sukk, but I seriously doubt its going to happen, geeez... so much time wasted on a terrible product. :mad:
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »
The only people squealing about the new / old style of GV'ing are the habitual campers. 

So i'm a habitual camper?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
So i'm a habitual camper?

Do you own a tent and a lantern?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »
I quit because the ground game sux, and the new terrains on low res look freaking pathetic...

Still ghosting around waiting to see if they actualy intend on doing anything about the new terrains, or just want the folks who can afford graphics cards as customers...

Id love to see them headline that they are throwng out the new terrains because they sukk, but I seriously doubt its going to happen, geeez... so much time wasted on a terrible product. :mad:
Someone needs a new Nuk and a better computer. The only terrible product so far is what you've been skating by playing this game on...step into the 21st century with the rest of us geeks...and get a better computer.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
I hear with patch #5 out the low detail setting terrain is 10,000% better, lay off stephen.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »
Do you own a tent and a lantern?

Not anymore since 1985...  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
Why have trees. They just take more Parts off my 38 as I try to ditch  :rolleyes:
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
The only people squealing about the new / old style of GV'ing are the habitual campers. 
Ok LYNX, that is quite enough out of you!  hehe I still remember you trying to NOE a cv in 88's and having a hord of 30 pop up.  :lol
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 11:45:42 PM »

Oh thank God, I thought I missed the sky is falling thread.   :rolleyes:
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 12:21:48 AM »
I quit... blah blah blah

Good riddance.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 03:38:24 AM »
Low res looks much better now, I stand corrected...

Oh and fellas, I really dont care one little bit what you think about me..., if no one complains, nothing gets changed.
See you around  :lol
Spell checker is for Morrons