Author Topic: Open Questions For HiTech & The HTC Crew  (Read 2737 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: Open Questions For HiTech & The HTC Crew
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »
GVs are harder to see from the air. Believe it or not. Now when you hide in a farm house you are actually hidden, at least from the air.

Before it was rediculously easy to find GVs. Now it almost feels like the icon range was shortened. Anyway whats the beef? Theres not enough hedges?
     I have no beef with you, sorry if I came out sounding rather PO'd, I wasnt, :D ."Gv's are harder to see from the air" ok ill agree with you their, that does improve gv'n. However, since the latest patch all hills have been removed and have been replaced with forests of palm trees, the branches/leaves of which can stop 88mm rounds. (  :huh ) Also some of the random small brush stops/ can flip a tank. (  :huh ) (Not to mention my unconfirmed theory of tank shells seeming to drop quicker.)

I believe the negetive effects of the update out weigh the good from a gv stand pont. However I have no beef with you, agree to disagree ;).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:52:12 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
I see HT still dont use the spell check  :devil
don't
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »
Regarding the hills, we removed them because we were having a lot of trouble getting them to look right with the new way the terrain is displayed, so we've removed them for now.  They will most likely be put back into the game after we get the major stability issues cleared up, and we have time to work on the smaller issues.

The hedgerows will be fixed with the next patch that involves an art update.  I had accidentally made them too small.  You will have plenty to hide behind soon enough.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »
Regarding the hills, we removed them because we were having a lot of trouble getting them to look right with the new way the terrain is displayed, so we've removed them for now.  They will most likely be put back into the game after we get the major stability issues cleared up, and we have time to work on the smaller issues.

The hedgerows will be fixed with the next patch that involves an art update.  I had accidentally made them too small.  You will have plenty to hide behind soon enough.

I was wondering about those wheel chocks. Good to see you guys are on top of it.  :aok 
Loving the new version now. Was flying Bombers yesterday watching my reflection in the water. Cool.  :cool:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
First it is a figure of speech, and pretty sure you know this. Secondly who said I was talking to you. Seems that if this post hit you that hard the shoe fit? If not then the purpose the this post is what other then to try starting an argument?

Perhaps you should try again..

We all have points of logic vulnerability, at some point in an argument, we cross them, doesn't mean that  the argument is any less valid or strong, for the argument to be valid the premises must make the conclusion valid as it's impossible for the premises to be true and the conclusion false, think of this as deductive validity. i.e. An Inductive strength is applied in cases where we hit the logic point.
Hope this clear things up.
<S>
Try applying the  R-E-T method in evaluating arguments, this helps to overcome vulnerable logic points and make the discussion clearer and more concise.

1. Are the premises the RIGHT kind?
2. Are the premises ENOUGH?
3. Are they TRUE?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:54:04 PM by iTunes »
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

Not with "me". I meant the beef with the new GV terrain. It wasnt personal.

I can only comment on the view from the air. Luckily for me many WW gunners still start shooting tracer's bursts at my IL2s from 3k out instead of hiding and turning tracers off. They know the IL2s are going to hunt near the spawn so why not let them come as close as they can?

Many tankers still let fly at rediculous ranges, out in the open, the shots allowing us to find them. I wonder if you can turn off tracers with tank guns?

But again, I can only speak of what I see from the air.

I have no beef with you, sorry if I came out sounding rather PO'd, I wasnt, :D ."Gv's are harder to see from the air" ok ill agree with you their, that does improve gv'n. However, since the latest patch all hills have been removed and have been replaced with forests of palm trees, the branches/leaves of which can stop 88mm rounds. (  :huh ) Also some of the random small brush stops/ can flip a tank. (  :huh ) (Not to mention my unconfirmed theory of tank shells seeming to drop quicker.)

I believe the negetive effects of the update out weigh the good from a gv stand pont. However I have no beef with you, agree to disagree ;).
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »

Is there any chance that the new bushes could be driven through in 1st gear?  I think it would be pretty cool to plow over them with a slight chance of rolling.

<S>

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 09:07:59 PM »
I feel bad for those who are having issues and hope some remain patient and let the HTC Team work though the bugs. It has only been a week mind you. I do not feel bad for people who instantly give up, whine and moan or offer no info to let others try and help them out. Quite certain the community will lose some members over this, new and old alike. I am equally certain many of those very same individuals will file right back in when they update their rigs. Regardless I hope cool heads and patience begin to rule the day instead of the current mass panic. Kudos to all of you out there that have been offering help and aiding others in running the game. Sometimes I suspect many that complain may have unattainable expectations of both the game and their computers as they are currently configured.

Like I and many others said, Just have patience. I doubt they are done.
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »
You will have plenty to hide behind soon enough.
Cool, us cowards are running out of options here.  :)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »

I knew it.

Spinal Tap all over again.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »
I knew it.

Spinal Tap all over again.

wrongway

This has actually been the running joke at our development meetings.  :o  And, no, you won't be able to drive/shot through them.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »
I nicknamed it Stonehedge.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
 :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
Cool, us cowards are running out of options here.  :)