Author Topic: A thought on maps...  (Read 231 times)

Milman

A thought on maps...
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »
While playing on the Trinity map this past TT, I noticed that the map A1 was a very hot spot for most of the day.  Someone on range told me that it was a bug in the map (A1 was held by rooks, yet surrounded by bishops and knights).  I had a lot of fun and heard on range that others were enjoying the chaos of a 3-way battle, both on the ground and in the air.  I will take the risk and assume the other side was having fun too judging by the big red dar bar and amount of gv's on the ground.

Has it ever been done before to have a map set up so that all the bases are randomly assigned to each country regardless of home territory?  If not, I feel it could be a fun change of pace.  I propose that we keep the HQs and the uncapturable bases as is.  Eventually the sides will balance and 'fronts' will form; but, until then, there could be more fun hard-fought, choatic battles.  It would be harder to 'win the war' and I think there would be some bases isolated enough (at least at the start) that people looking for smaller fights (i.e. 1v1s, squad fights, etc...) could find them.  People will always sneak bases, hoard, camp, w/e regardless of the map layout.  I'm just suggesting a different start to the madness.

Anyhow, this is just a thought.  Take it for what it's worth.
 :salute

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: A thought on maps...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »
What about the ease with which you could take down HQ and kill all radar for that country?  That's gotta be one of the biggest fun killers in the game; I log or switch arenas when it happens.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!