Author Topic: Hoards  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Hoards
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
Hordes happen, nature of the beast. I went to a base last night the Rooks captured while I was in route. When I got there the Rooks had all but disappeared. Soon found myself under a huge dar of cons. Managed to take in 3 kills and slip out.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 01:38:13 AM »
Seriously.  A horde means plenty of targets to shoot at.   That's a good thing.
What about the NOE hordes?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »
262 + horde = fun!
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
easy, because its a win win situation

a) if you like big furballs, join, or cut a piece out of it

b) if you don't like furballs ( hordes)  simply dont join there and stay out

You see, you have the choice, nothing more to say! call them gangbangers, call them cherry pickers, call it whatever you like. A good pilot knows how the stay away or even how to join if he will.

i personal like furball as long as the furball is below me  :D

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
Furballs and hordes are very different. In a furball the numbers are fairly even sided.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »
What I find funny about these threads:
Nits: Bish are tards they had the horde!
Bish: No rooks did!!!!!!!!11!!!eleventyone!!!!!1
Rooks: What are you talking about its OBVIOUS the Bish has the horde
Bish: No your thinking about the nits.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »
What I find funny about these threads:
Nits: Bish are tards they had the horde!
Bish: No rooks did!!!!!!!!11!!!eleventyone!!!!!1
Rooks: What are you talking about its OBVIOUS the Bish has the horde
Bish: No your thinking about the nits.
Wish hitech had a way of showing the numbers from certain peoples missions, i think we would find bish and rooks having the most
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
Wish hitech had a way of showing the numbers from certain peoples missions, i think we would find bish and rooks having the most

They are all the same.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
It would be cool if missions posted were required to have a target entered by the poster that only the stats would see.  Might be a little embarrassing for the 30+NOE missions on undefended bases.  :eek:

Further, a mission stat section showing planes used and opponents #'s and plane types would be great!

Which is why I fly FSO and other Special Events.     :aok

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »
 The horde is what it is , sometimes I'll go in the middle and see what I can get , other times I go away . you can often get suprised and live a long time in the middle of one , as they beat themselves to death to kill you its funny . But really this is something thats there and it won't go away anytime soon so what can I do , I play anyways .
                                                        Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 04:26:55 AM »
After last night, no Rook should ever complain about hordes again ever. Bish were attacking 165 or 157, both in the same proximity. Calls went out repeatedly a full 30 minutes prior to their arrival. In the end only about 4 iRookies responded. Just four! We had numbers as well. Where were the rooks, attacking an undefended base. Now I don't know about others, when I saw them coming I said great a chance to mix it up. I sure don't know what others were thinking. Amazing to me we get 21 pages of furballers complaining about someone dropping hangers and then they do nothing when challenged.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »
Amazing to me we get 21 pages of furballers complaining about someone dropping hangers and then they do nothing when challenged.

Right on! :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 09:25:11 AM »
I think a lot of you guys are missing a critical point to this post, which IMO makes it a pretty baseless whine.  (pun sort of intended :) )
Everyone is holding in a horde over THEIR base, they are not offensively hording.  (according to the OP)  Seems to me the easy way to avoid this is...fly somewhere else?  I can't imagine those 20 guys over their base are the ONLY ones in the air...unless your in purp  ;)

Now offensive hording -- that's a different ballgame.  But this phenomenon that you are describing seems far too avoidable to be worthy of a gripe.  Just my thoughts.
I see that far more often with Nits than Bish---not sure if it's a country-wide epidemic, or practices of a few squads---main point is orbit your own base at 15-20k...wait for loners to come in....minimize your own risk. (yawn) Bish heap much more fun to fight :salute
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 11:08:20 AM »
After last night, no Rook should ever complain about hordes again ever. Bish were attacking 165 or 157, both in the same proximity. Calls went out repeatedly a full 30 minutes prior to their arrival. In the end only about 4 iRookies responded. Just four! We had numbers as well. Where were the rooks, attacking an undefended base. Now I don't know about others, when I saw them coming I said great a chance to mix it up. I sure don't know what others were thinking. Amazing to me we get 21 pages of furballers complaining about someone dropping hangers and then they do nothing when challenged.

What a coincidence. In orange last night there was an epic fight at 165 involving 2 rook bases, two full rook darbars and 3 bish task groups.  You must have been in 165 in blue. The fight in orange lasted quite a while.  In the middle of this fight, a huge rook mission passed just south at 20k.  Almost 15 buff formations and accompanying fighters flew by on their way to bomb a couple of different bases.  I flew 3 full sorties into this epic struggle before bish finally had the field successfully capped and vulched.  With the fight gone, I left but a titanic conflict had raged which lasted at least an hour and a half.  Man, sorry you missed it because it was at the very base number you mentioned and rooks were there in numbers with a fierce defense.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »

They are all the same.
disagree, I see Knights not really organize a horde it just happens which ireally havnt seen whenever i been on rooks and bish, seems like every knight gets the same idea at the same time
DFC Member
"Yikes"