Author Topic: DCS: A-10C Warthog  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
DCS: A-10C Warthog
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »
First "In-game" Screenshots here

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

They are planning to make this better than Ka-50...It's going to be great. :)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »
kittens are going to die....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:15:26 AM »
 They built them in my home town.To bad I didnt respect the flight sim reality part as much as now.I coulda spawn camped them with cameras all day.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »
I see a targeting pod!  that could be freaking sweet.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:55:05 AM »
my fav modern day plane  :x cant wait...its a shame I wont know what have the stuff deos :D,

sounds like silly question, but deos a A10 have the capability to fight air to air?
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:05:34 AM »
my fav modern day plane  :x cant wait...its a shame I wont know what have the stuff deos :D,

sounds like silly question, but deos a A10 have the capability to fight air to air?

Does an Il-2? Kinda the same situation methinks, albeit a bit oversimplified.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:50:06 AM »
Warthogs can carry sidewinders for bringing down helos and self defense. IIRC the only credited A2A kill they received in Desert Storm was BFG vs. helo.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
Warthogs can carry sidewinders for bringing down helos and self defense. IIRC the only credited A2A kill they received in Desert Storm was BFG vs. helo.

:uhoh

Was there anything left?

Offline Fender16

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »
Man, I am still trying to learn how to fly in DCS Black Shark.
I will be getting this for sure.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 10:12:17 AM »
:uhoh

Was there anything left?

"We tried to ID the helicopter after we were done and it was just in a bunch of little pieces, so we can't tell what type it was."

from http://articles.latimes.com/1991-02-08/news/mn-937_1_air-force

and my bad, they chalked up 2 Iraqi choppers to gun kills.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
from http://articles.latimes.com/1991-02-08/news/mn-937_1_air-force

and my bad, they chalked up 2 Iraqi choppers to gun kills.

I have a book on the Iowa class battleships - gotta dif it out. I remember 1 passage written during the Korean war going something to the effect "We shot a HC (High Capacity) round to the spotters mark - which was a Soviet T-55 tank. The round impacted directly on the tank. A BDA done later couldn't find anything larger then a thumb tack."

My old boss when I was at the Naval Post Graduate School was the last wartime commander of the USS Wisconsin. I can ask him - but then again he was the guy shelling the Iraqi's with them surrendering to UAVs.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Blackwulf

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
If it doesn't have Starforce, I will definately be picking this up when it comes out, the A-10 is the only modern plane I'd be excited to have in a sim.   But, given what SF did to my old system with Flaming Cliffs (which I bought to fly the A-10) I will have to pass if it has it. 
No game is worth a full wipe/reinstall and replacing two DVD drives to play.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 11:11:31 AM »
If it doesn't have Starforce, I will definately be picking this up when it comes out, the A-10 is the only modern plane I'd be excited to have in a sim.   But, given what SF did to my old system with Flaming Cliffs (which I bought to fly the A-10) I will have to pass if it has it. 
No game is worth a full wipe/reinstall and replacing two DVD drives to play.

Why in the world did/do you have to do that?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »

Some had very nasty side effects from having starforce. Even claimed dead dvd drives.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Blackwulf

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »

SF trashed both DVD drives in my system, then failed to remove even with the "cleaner" that the company bregrudgingly provided after several lawsuits.  In the end, it became such a mess that it was easier, and far safer, to just wipe the C: drive and do a reinstall.
SF is classed as malware, and rightly so.  There are a lot of stories about things it has done to systems, but just based on what I went through, is enough for me to never buy a game that has it again. 
Aparently the majority of people that had major problems were like me, with SATA drives, and there is something it does with the drivers that causes them to grind to a halt, and once they slow to a certain point, it can physically damage them.  It blocks your ability to burn DVD's so I couldn't archive my data files.  It also is reported to act like a virus, and install itself on other machines in a network, even though no one installed a SF "protected" game on the other machines.
I did not know about all this when I bought the game, but I sure learned in a hurry.  Even flashing the drives with new firmware didn't bring them back.  After upgrading to a new system later on, I take no chances, and research any new game for stuff like this before buying it.
I am not a pirate.  I do not, and did not, have any software for ripping protected content on my system, I don't run virtual drives, or any of the other stuff that the company behind Starforce always claims in responding to posts like this on other message boards.  I certainly don't appreciate being treated like a pirate, and having my system crippled to prevent me from archiving my own work onto DVD's either. Let alone having my system trashed.