Author Topic: DCS: A-10C Warthog  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 02:24:32 PM »
Wow....

That describes almost exactly what happened to me tho I couldn't 100% sure.

I lost my DVD drive and then lost my computer in almost the same manner.

Even if it wasnt the case with mine it still gets me....

:furious  :mad: :furious

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »
Some had very nasty side effects from having starforce. Even claimed dead dvd drives.

I think I was affected by that - drive failed and was replaced by seller sometime in 2004-5ish time frame.  Right now it's tamer DRM - it no longer brakes hardware ;)

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 02:06:02 PM »
First "In-game" Screenshots here

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

They are planning to make this better than Ka-50...It's going to be great. :)

That looks great! Do you know if there will be co-op or online play available? I would love to run some wingman action in a game like this..

[small hijack]
I would KILL.... several pitchers of beer :t for a good Vietnam era sim. F-4s all day long :rock
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
That looks great! Do you know if there will be co-op or online play available? I would love to run some wingman action in a game like this..

[small hijack]
I would KILL.... several pitchers of beer :t for a good Vietnam era sim. F-4s all day long :rock
Whirlwind Over Vietnam? Chuck Yeager's Air Combat? Maybe? I just wish I could find a good one too. I just found out about Whirlwind Over Vietnam from SimHQ, but I have begun to doubt their credibility after the review on IL-2: 1946. I found out about Chuck Yeager's Air Combat on YouTube, and have yet to play it.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
Whirlwind Over Vietnam? Chuck Yeager's Air Combat? Maybe? I just wish I could find a good one too. I just found out about Whirlwind Over Vietnam from SimHQ, but I have begun to doubt their credibility after the review on IL-2: 1946. I found out about Chuck Yeager's Air Combat on YouTube, and have yet to play it.

well I've heard about Wings Over Vietnam but it doesn't look too good
From gamespot: Those who will only settle for the best in terms of flight model fidelity and cutting-edge graphics should let this one fly on by.
The novelty of the Vietnam War setting is just about all that Whirlwind Over Vietnam has going for it.- gamespot
and chuck yeagers air combat is.... a little dated

Not taking punches here Enker I've just searched and searched but haven't had any luck in finding anything worth spending time and money on. I sure wish someone would though...
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »
I see a targeting pod!  that could be freaking sweet.

I think it's a lightening pod...they hang on pretty much every fighter and a few bombers too.  They are starting to use all those platforms for ISR (Intelligence Surveilance Recconnaissance)
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
well I've heard about Wings Over Vietnam but it doesn't look too good...

It looks good to me. ThirdWire's jet sims are excellent fun. They're not studysims like the DCS line or Falcon 4, but more casual sims like Jane's Nato Fighters or IAF.

I haven't tried their WWI sim, but all their jet sims are excellent in my opinion, including the Vietnam one:

http://www.thirdwire.com/project_sf2v.htm

ThirdWire's sims also have the second largest modding community after MS Flightsim (or so they claim ;)).

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:32:10 PM by Die Hard »
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 05:00:49 PM »
It looks good to me. ThirdWire's jet sims are excellent fun. They're not studysims like the DCS line or Falcon 4, but more casual sims like Jane's Nato Fighters or IAF.

I haven't tried their WWI sim, but all their jet sims are excellent in my opinion, including the Vietnam one:

ThirdWire's sims also have the second largest modding community after MS Flightsim (or so they claim ;)).

(Image removed from quote.)

Do you know about a good Korea flight sim? I look and look, yet they either seem arcadey, hideous, or buggy, generally a mix of all three.

I'm really excited about this Warthog game, flying helicopters has never really appealed to me. I mean, what if your rotor shuts down? How are you going to glide to the ground?

Edit: Is that better Tec? I made the sig when I was in summer mode, so math functions were shut down
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:59:26 PM by Enker »
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
Enker you need to get out a calculator and fix your sig.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »
Do you know about a good Korea flight sim?

Nope. Sorry.

I'm really excited about this Warthog game, flying helicopters has never really appealed to me. I mean, what if your rotor shuts down? How are you going to glide to the ground?

Autorotation (google it) or in the Ka-50 you can also eject if you need to.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:29 PM »
Its the main rotor seizing that you need to worry about in helicopters, no recovery plan for that.

In any event rotors don't shut down, engines do, which is where autorotation comes into play.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »

I tried to play free falcon 5...I just dont know how to fire a missle lol..Im just trying to use my guns
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org