Author Topic: Arena Cap suggestion  (Read 1871 times)

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
Re: Arena Cap suggestion
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »
So I'm in Orange and Rooks and Bish have #'s  (rooks the most) and Knights are very short handed and getting it from both sides.  (fun sometimes)

So I move to Blue and Knights have huge numbers, and Rooks are the short handed country (go figure).

Both arena choices were unacceptable if I want to fly as a Knight.  Be the hoard or get hoarded gets old fast.  (for me anyway)  I could (and often do) change countries, but I have an idea that I wanted to toss out there that might fix the whole situation.

Is it POSSIBLE to COAD it so arenas are open/closed not based on total number of players but the number of players on a certain team.  Tie it to ENY perhaps?

Example.

ORANGE
Bishops: 100
Knights:  75
Rooks:  125

Total # of players in Orange is 300

If you are a Knight or a Bishop you could log into Orange.  If you are Rook you can not.

BLUE
Bishops: 100
Knights:  125
Rooks: 75
Total # of players in Blue is 300

If you are a Rook or a Bishop you could join Blue.  If you are Knight you can not.

If both arenas were balanced you could log into EITHER arena.

By doing it this way a player would be "locked out" of one of the LW's for a far shorter time.  I doesn't take that many players to shift ENY and balance the sides out.

The arenas would be balanced from the get-go so all in all there would be hardly any wait time to fly in the arena of choice (numbers like the above examples just wouldn't happen).

You would end up with two Late War arenas that are reasonably balanced and fun fight to be had by all.

I propose that these limitations kick in when ENY hits around 10-15 ish so this idea would also all but eliminate ENY restrictions.  As soon as a country hits 15 ENY only players on the other country can log in and the sides balance out and ENY drops down quick.

Opinions?  I for one think this would work and work well.

(edited out the change sides in lobby bit)

I think this solution is far better then the system we currently have in place.

There is one problem thought. What if a die hard rook supporter is locked out of both arenas, because rooks have superior numbers in both?

<S>
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena Cap suggestion
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
Why do people keep bringing this back to ENY?

This has nothing to do with ENY.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a way to balance the arenas.

It has become obvious that players will not balance themselves.  The ole' honor system just ain't gonna cut it.  With so many players trying to "win da' warz" you are getting stronger and stronger country loyalty.  For every one guy that will change sides to even things up there are 50 who doesn't care how imbalanced the arena gets as long as they Win da' War!

So lets be honest here.  The players are not going to do it on their own.  This has become painfully obvious.  The ONLY way to get a balanced arena is to Coad it into the game.

The "trick" is figuring out a fair, easy, and balanced way to achieve this goal.

We have some brilliant minds flying this game.  I am positive a solution is out there.

I even have a login screen for my idea.

The buttons under the country name is what you click to login to the arena.  (the OPEN and CLOSED)
(Image removed from quote.)

Allow the players to change countries right at the login screen.
Actually, I like this---
However, I would add as a suggestion that you can only join the capped arena if you join the team with the absolute lowest numbers. Or, maybe even you can only join the lowest number team if they are outnumbered by a certain amount (perhaps, enough to force the highest number team to have ENY). Just to keep arena caps effective.

The problem of course would be if one team has the highest numbers in both arenas.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:30:19 PM by Motherland »