Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11916 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »
So what if no one looses their life by going balls out in every situation and we should all have no fear because you say so Moot. Who made you god to judge in this game short of your personal EGO need to denigrate players or people in general for not living up to your fantasies of game ideology? Your statement is an old canard which sets whole groups of PAYING CUSTOMERS in a group class below your self anointment to GOD of Aces High2 morality. How they play the game is THEIR expression of $14.95 a month. You have now relegated their hard earned money to be worth less than yours. Has HiTech ever publicly, privatly, or other wise given you the right as a HTC spoksman to denegrate paying customers for their game play choices?

Do you ever see HiTech denigrate whole groups of paying customers the way you freely do on this BBS, especialy now that you are a member of the Aces High Traning Group? I've always had the impressing the HTC Trainers were chosen for having their EGO's under control.

These discussons seem to devolve into the complainers and game play officiondos wanting only those who are worthy of thier ideals playing the game or suffering red badges of cowerdness and scorn. What a nose bleed blue blooded special place they want Aces High to be. And I bet Moot has never taken HiTech aside and spoken in a heart to heart manner about how the game is being ruined by all the panty waste cowards and riff raff............ 

What have you contributed to make the game better as well as the community?  That effort or lack there of makes the biggest difference on the part of the player base.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2009, 06:08:05 PM »
Moot, are you feeling a little contentious today? ;)
No.. But I am feeling that arguing things both thoroughly and transparently is "a big no-no" in north american conversation etiquette.  Kinda nuts when ... that's the point of conversation.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
Throwing out an ad hominem is hardly the way to get someone to want to have a discussion with you, but I don't know, maybe that's the way you continentals like to get things going... :devil

Anyway, the point is that there's really no debate here.  "Average K/D" has one meaning (the one hitech explains), and what we both agree is more interesting/informative, namely the average K/D score, has a different meaning:  different meaning, different term.  Otherwise "Average K/D" would be ambiguous.  This is just a discussion of definitions, and definitions have a tendency to be uninteresting.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »
What ad hom?
"Average K/D" has one meaning (the one hitech explains), and what we both agree is more interesting/informative, namely the average K/D score, has a different meaning:  different meaning, different term.  Otherwise "Average K/D" would be ambiguous. 
It is ambiguous enough that a player will say avg KD and most likely be referring to average score KD.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:16:16 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
The counterpart is underlined.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »
I don't get it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
The Ad Hom would be the part where you try to discredit the posters argument by insinuating that North Americans arent thorough or transparent......

somewhere along the line you must have been tragically and incorrectly led to believe that the person who speaks the loudest or the most must be the smartest person in the room....... sad
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:02 PM »
What??  That wasn't what I was saying. Anytime you run thru an argument especially concisely, it's taken as a sign of having an axe to grind, or something like that.  I think the term is PC, but you know what.  Forget it.  Somewhere along the line anyone will find fault with pretty much anything you say, so I'm just gonna let you guys have at that on your own.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 09:38:05 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »
What have you contributed to make the game better as well as the community?  That effort or lack there of makes the biggest difference on the part of the player base.

Nothing.  The majority of the "Anti-HTC crowd" posting in this thread are the same.   "Take, Take, Take, but they don't Give."    They're selfish little brats.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »
I've been wanting to comment in this thread as a new guy.

Yep there are a lot of really ggod experienced Sticks out there which tends to lead to new guys getting clobbered for a long time. So this game has (at least) two dimensions:
1) Learning to fly your plane, shoot, and evaluate situational awareness
2) Developing the ability to change the situation by coordinating with other pilots.

It's number two that makes this game so unique. Changing the game structure would ruin that part, and that part is fantastic. Give it and yourself some time to get there.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
I read BnZ as meaning average k/d is very low, pointing to most players dying much more than killing.  His suggestion, then, that that's from flying "unsafely" rather than "safely". 

More like flying poorly.

If I was trying to be safe all the time I'd fly MSFS.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »
More like flying poorly.

If I was trying to be safe all the time I'd fly MSFS.

Yep.   Take "chavalo" last night.   In Orange he came into A1 at almost 20k.   Dove from me (alone) and dove on the field.   Ran what had to be close to 1/2 a sector.   Grabbed alt, ran again, dove on the field and I finally got the kill on him.   I mean really, you end up turnfighting OTD in a Pony D after spending the last 15-20 minutes running?   Understand, he vulched no one and dropped no strat, dar, etc.    :confused:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
I'm just a soso stick but in the past when I have seen someone like that and offered to help.... 90% of the time they start squalking like they are mad. The old "I pay my 15 bucks" routine or some other hogwash.

I find it strange that some play a game that they have no interest in getting decent at. Hitting the golfball in the trees all the time, striking out, etc. In just a few minutes some could learn a couple of great basic moves in which to build on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
I find it strange that some play a game that they have no interest in getting decent at.

Me, too.

- oldman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
Oh I think they want to get good, but on their terms. I see this, a lot, from "gamers". Games are very structured in the 'gaming' world, even the on-line crowds of XBOX and Play station. That's because the situations are 'structured' to be 4 on 4 matches, 12 v12 or other fixed count, fixed situation, fixed everything. They learned to excel within a fixed frame work that removes variables like being out numbered or out gunned. Only individual skill matters and that's what 'Gamers' focus on...THEIR individual skill.

The cool thing about the MMOs is that one must learn to adapt to factors such as being outnumbered, outgunned, and out ENY-ed.

I don't think this is a problem with the game, that needs to be fixed. It just means this game is not for everyone. Or that those seeking to demonstrate their skill level through ever increasing success, in successive missions, need to adjust their expectations to how well they did under the circumstances. OR get on the radio and change the circumstances.  ;)

Who is John Galt?