Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11923 times)

Offline james

• Silver Member
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
James, with all due respect .. paragraphs are your friend  :salute

I usually have better writing skills from my pc. Then again I rarely even have a thing to say in here.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »
I just want to poINt out I had nothing to do with the OPs post and regret the use of my name:

This slander must stop.  :salute

That is too funny!   :lol :lol
Flying since tour 84

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".
Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?
If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.
I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".
There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?
This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.
If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

I'll bite...

Clutz, to start with, the graphics DID need updating. Badly. Not just to make it pretty, but to be able to add features into the game that HT himself has said he'd like to add. For instance, wouldn't it be cool to be able to take a PT boat and LVTs up a river and attack a base from a completely unexpected angle? The old Terrain system would not allow that (not sure the new one does, just saying for sure the old one did not). HT said he'd like to add something like bump-mapping to the aircraft themselves, which increases not only graphics but immersion as the metal on the aircraft look more like 3d pieces than painted on pieces. This steps them a little closer to that. Not to mention, when advertising your game, if it does NOT look modern enough a LOT of people equate it with unprofessional, and will not put money towards it. That hurts the bottom line.

I can understand being frustrated with the gameplay, but instead of attacking HT, why not give suggestions how to FIX it? That 10 v 1 ganging you are speaking of isn't something HT has put into the game to inconvinience you, it's the concious decision of 11 people (yes, you as well) to get involved in a very lopsided situation. Make suggestions as to how to eliminate this. Make suggestions as to how to improve the "challenge" (and I wish I could fly as well as you as 10 v 1 is a hell of a challenge to me, even if I'm in the 10 I stink so bad).

Stop making the problems worse, and try to think of solutions. Think of it this way, if you were investing 15/month into a stock, wouldn't you rather do what you could to help the stock improve, than to try to tear it down?
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »

hiho clutz

cant believe it,

we get an update where HTC realy brought things into the right direction, 7 patches fixed most bugs very quickly. And you comes up and let the pants down,  complains about things you didnt understand. :huh
Games like AH2 are not to learn in 12 month, you need time, much time, and still after flying several years, there are things to improve. THATS the fun of it. But if you are unwilling to learn, dont beat on HTC. :mad:

here are some simple things to follow ind the right order:

- learn how to setup you gear correctly
- setup the views
- learn the flight basics (takeoff , landing, follow the right direction)
- learn basic ACM (split S, immelman, cuban 8, hi Yoyo, low Yoyo, scissors, circleclimb, breakturns, flat turns)
- learn TB vs BZ tactics
- join a squadron which reflect you idea of playing AH2
- learn grouped ACM basics (brackets, drags, splits, merges and more)
- learn how to get the con into the position where you will have the 100% shot on him
- learn the correct timing for long snap deflection shooting
- lead groups of up to 4 elements into the dogfight, and lead them out of it, grouped disengagement
- lead scenarios as CO
-bring in yourself into the community , make skins, make videos, report noobish post like you started here  :D

if you do so, and you will not have any second fun, i will buy you a great german beer to forget it all

<S>
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:46:11 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
... And make sure your windows installation is as clean as possible.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
  I have been around a long time and Dale has always found a way to make the game work for me and my low end machine even with making improvement to the grafics, I thought this time I would have to let it go but he came through again.  If you dont like the game and are not having fun then just leave, I am sure there won't be that many that will miss you as there will always be someone to take your place.
  I have seen a lot of players come and go, since 2000 and some of them I miss a lot, some I don't, but if you aren't having fun why stay and gripe about it?  I have been so frustrated with this game that at times I have thrown things! (2 moniters, and several ch fighter sticks have been replaced).
  I have even said I was quitting but then the next day, I am right back up dieing and trying to get some kills.
No body but you can determine if this is a game for you, you have to do that yourself; but for me...........THIS GAME ROCKS ! ! ! ! !

DAMNED CHIEF/ ab8aac (back to my original name)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:04:56 AM by dmdchief »
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
It's very humorous to see an unknown get doggy-piled for making the same whine that the rest of you are so fond of. :lol  He did express it poorly, but I've seen the same argument win all sorts of nods and approval when it's typed on a different keyboard.

Not going to agree or disagree with the OP, but the side-switching here is pathetic.

IN total agreement with your post Anax.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »
Shuffler, how many national-level policy decisions have you presided over, advised on, or effected in any meaningful way?

None? And yet you still vote for president? I submit that, by your own yardstick, you are not worthy of the right to vote in national-level elections.

I understand that the OP, by any estimation, is a whiny troll, but one must be careful not to give them oppertunities to enforce the fiction that they're being unjustly persecuted.

I employ 28 folks..... it's my part of the job.
Your post is a really bad comparison... the OP can vote too... he can leave.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:32:55 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »
Anax/Moray.

The critical failure of the OP is that it puts the blame on HTC for the players' behavior.  HTC doesn't make people gang bang and use DoS (as it were) tactics.  HTC doesn't deny people freedom of gameplay but instead encourages better gameplay.  e.g. ENY, arena caps.   To blame HTC for kill stealing, etc, is ridiculous, and a totally different thing from denouncing same gameplay itself.

In addition, the OP's out of line when it says this:
Why add all this crap? [...] Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?
It sounds like someone needs a reality check.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:40:02 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »
There are fewer players today then there was 4 years ago.

How many play the game now? 4K? Maybe 5K? That is what it has always been

Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
The critical failure of the OP is that it puts the blame on HTC for the players' behavior.

I don't believe that's the best interpretation we can make of his poor quality post, but I do understand your counterargument.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 12:58:43 PM »
IN!
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »
This game rocks!
This is a test

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
You have no numbers. You base everything on your poor SA.

BTW I use a CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, and Pro Throttle..... all work well.

Same here. (still suk though)
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »
I don't believe that's the best interpretation we can make of his poor quality post, but I do understand your counterargument.

I gave it some time and read each line but to take this too seriously would sure be a crime.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.