Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11926 times)

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?

If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.

I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".

There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
Those graphics were 90s, HTC needs to keep up with times.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
In
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Sc00ter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:25 PM »
HiTech can't hear you inside his bank vault. Business only change their business model when they start making less money. Less might be more in most situations, but never with the dollar.

:rofl < Hitech laughing all the way to the bank
No Fat Chicks on this Sc00ter

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »
IN!
The game is a blast, you probably just suck at it, Clutz.     :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
IN! :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?

If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.

I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".

There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.
This is as awesome post. Please list the games you have developed so we can check them out. Thanks!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:49:01 PM »
what the hell, im bored, i'll bite. You wont land me unless you're using double barbed hooks.

how about a little less indignation from you then? Maybe you would achieve more?

Whine 1: I stick stir and it makes me die
Whine 2: My cpu/graphics card/eyes need updating and that is hitech's fault
Whine 3: I'm paying money and not having fun, that makes hitech stupid

I play a great 'game' quite often, Its very simple yet clearly a brilliant idea. Players from round the world can hook up to the internet and choose from a wide range of motorised weapons to kill each other with. I've seen other 'games' where two people just hit a plastic ball across a table with small wooden bats. Far as I know there have been no major updates to the concept of 'table-tennis' since people started selling the means to play it to enthusiasts.

Stereotypical whine that has been done to death here. It's not the 10 green guy's fault that you pressented all 10 of them witha chance to kill you. There is an arena set aside for honourable combat. In the Ma what makes a show of courtesy worthwhile is that it is rare.

Most people either leave beacuse they cannot justify spending the money on it or because they cannot run the game well enough on their computer. The gameplay, while continously whined about, is not the main reason people leave this game.

You have the challenge you desire, win a 10 vs 1  fight. go to it.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 09:50:12 PM »
Clutz came from warbirds and he couldn't find a fight

Facepalm

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 09:50:34 PM »
"Nothing to see here, move along..."

Dude, are you serious or was this one bad troll attempt?
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »
Because it will bring more new people oppose to the small % that have to leave, i mean look at IL2 great graphics way better than old ah. If you we someone looking for a fun game witch one would you chose.
Strokes

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
I just want to poINt out I had nothing to do with the OPs post and regret the use of my name:

This slander must stop.  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
SNIP
Nice break down bat, too bad he probably wont read any of it.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »

Amazing...all that and not one coherent intelligent word.

Must have gotten miffed because he got gangbanged during titanic tuesday...the mid war arena had some nice fights going on with only 41 people...didn't see you in there.

Go ask mommy for another plate of twinkies and turn teletubbies back on...you're banned from the computer.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
I'm thinking you are upset about wrinkling the corners of your pokemon cards. 3 hours you have play under your belt. Wow, you must have had the time to try every feature of the game. This is not falcon 4.0. It's not mscfs3. You also tried it out during titanic tuesday when everyone is one arena. That means the map is loaded with good and bad guys all over the place. Stop to fight a single target you better make it quick because his friends aren't far away. Get shot down? Hey it's a game grab another plane and find the plane and fighting style you like. Stay away from the hordes until you learn what your ride and the bad guy can do. This isn't f first person shooter game it's simply planes and vehicles vs eachother. The learning curve is steep so you either commit or make sure you have a safety rope so you don't fall off the cliff. You need help in the game? There's guys hanging out in the training arena that even after an hour will give you the know how to give the bad guys the business. I'm not a fanboy by any means but this is a community run group of people and players that even the creators themselves will bend over backwards to help with even the most mundane issues with your computer if you need it. The game needed a little facelift. They worked on it and are still putting out patches to chase bugs. This is not the final draft of this update so what you are seeing as far as quilted water won't be like that for long. Yes there's hording, it's also summer. Kids are here playing and they all want to get that kill IN. The game mechanics are for the guy who just wants to fight another plane or vehicle. It's also for the guy who wants to take bases and win the war. You called a whole community of people stupid pretty much. You called the guys who make the game stupid. Do you expect us to take you seriously? Maybe you need to stop squeeking, go pop some pimples, or give it another try for longer than 3 hours. You want to see some cool stuff in the game look me up this Wednesday and thursday when I'm on, my name is at the bottom. Until then calm down and understand that to us the fun is also just making friends of the enemies you just got shot down by.
Don't make us give you the shush finger. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070