Author Topic: Give the people what they want!!  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Give the people what they want!!
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
When you deserve one, I'll give it to you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:33:47 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Seriously, how does hyphen placement matter? You are still able to tell the model of the plane even if they aren't there.

Ex. F4U1D, P38, etc

I just don't see the problem?
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
I think HTC gives its people what they want. We want a great WWII Dogfight Sim, and HTC gave us not only a great WWII dogfight Sim, but an excellent one at that!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »
Just 2 make every 1 happy around here i think that they should give every1 at least 2 planes and vehicles of every category...

this is just my opinion but these are the vehicles of my choice. 1st off, im a avid bomber pilot im sugesting these planes 4 big boom

#1 the big man bomber..the b-29 superfortress,He-111 or germanys biggest bomber the monster known as the fw-200....of course the b-29 will be a perk plane...the ceiling will be about 25k and down the load 2 about 19,000lbs

#2 OMG THE CV PLANES... i might not be the only 1 but our c.v plane selection is not somthing 2 throw a party over....these 3 planes im about 2 give u will change aces high naval combat forever...the ship sinker known as the SB2-C HELLDIVER which has sunk more jap ships than any other sea plane...Second the SB2-D DAUNTLESS....and since the graphics update its became harder to find carrier groups we definetly need some plane boats like like the P.B.Y CATILINA for c.v scouting that'll definetly fix it ...even thoe the helldiver will be a perked plane dew too its 2 20mm cannons and 2,500lbs bomb load, but i can deal with that!!!

#3 Our american selection of heavy tanks is far from making alot of people happy campers...lol get it campers!!! but i think these three medium and heavy tanks will do so....my first one like a million post i.ve read will be the almighty M-18 HELLCAT,THE M-26 PERSHING or the mighty M-36 JACKSON/SLUGGER

#4 im not a good fighter pilot so ill recemend  yall 2 make sugestions on fighter planes!!!!!

#5 i think they should make a night fighter/bomber category of planes in aces high... i've only been onboard the this wonderful game for 3 months but i've seen its potentail of being the best MMO IN THE WORLD WAR 2 AVIATION THANKS AND HAPPY POSTING

1SOLOWNG

TRIPLE A *V* DEVILS REJECTS

Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Kurtank

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
Kid, let me explain this to you in the best way I possibly can.

1: The unspoken law around here about posting is that unless you have had a paid subscription at least once in the past, we don't want to hear from you because we have a pretty good idea what you are going to say.

2: Using capital letters to form an entire sentence is tantamount to babbling like a retard. You wouldn't do it in your middle school, don't do it here.

3: You really need to research your requests and think things through before you post. The Helldiver and Dauntless would not add a whole lot to the game, at all. The American CV planeset is quite large as it is in comparison to the other countries. You also need to be aware of the ungodly amount of effort it takes to create a new vehicle. Think from the perspective of a programmer and a modeler. It takes WEEKS on end to create a single plane, and even longer to get it tweaked right. Extensive research has to be done to make sure the flight characteristics are as historically accurate as possible.

4: You really ought to know WHAT you are requesting, when you request it. The FW-200 'Condor' was NOT a bomber. It was a civil air transport pressed into military service as a transport and maritime attack bomber. The B-29 would require an extensive reworking of EVERY SINGLE RUNWAY IN THE GAME in order to use it, as the ones we have are not big enough. And we really don't need it. Honestly. What we NEED are more foreign aircraft. The British CV set is limited to the Seafire and Royal Navy skins of American birds. Italy has TWO fighters. Finland has ONE.

5: You already have your squad name in your signature, please stop putting it in your post.
DeMaskus (Yes, we share an account.)

[357th] Death Dragons

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »

1: The unspoken law around here about posting is that unless you have had a paid subscription at least once in the past, we don't want to hear from you because we have a pretty good idea what you are going to say.

2: Using capital letters to form an entire sentence is tantamount to babbling like a retard. You wouldn't do it in your middle school, don't do it here.

3: You really need to research your requests and think things through before you post. The Helldiver and Dauntless would not add a whole lot to the game, at all. The American CV planeset is quite large as it is in comparison to the other countries. You also need to be aware of the ungodly amount of effort it takes to create a new vehicle. Think from the perspective of a programmer and a modeler. It takes WEEKS on end to create a single plane, and even longer to get it tweaked right. Extensive research has to be done to make sure the flight characteristics are as historically accurate as possible.

4: You really ought to know WHAT you are requesting, when you request it. The FW-200 'Condor' was NOT a bomber. It was a civil air transport pressed into military service as a transport and maritime attack bomber. The B-29 would require an extensive reworking of EVERY SINGLE RUNWAY IN THE GAME in order to use it, as the ones we have are not big enough. And we really don't need it. Honestly. What we NEED are more foreign aircraft. The British CV set is limited to the Seafire and Royal Navy skins of American birds. Italy has TWO fighters. Finland has ONE.

5: You already have your squad name in your signature, please stop putting it in your post.

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »
Wonder how many posts before some of these guys catch on to the fact that we HAVE the Dauntless.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 01:33:15 AM »
Wonder how many posts before some of these guys catch on to the fact that we HAVE the Dauntless.

I stoped counting at 26
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »
Poor kid. It's like he walked into a room of really pizzed off, drunk old men and talked about a game.  No wait you walked into his room.  Leave :O
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »

+1  :aok

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
And 1solowing, the PBY would be near pointless. you can scout just as well in a regular bomber or in a figher.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »
What others said about research and effort needed to model and program a plane. It is a lot of work. So if you prefer those planes just state I wish we had X because I like it. Most people are fine with that.

As for saying it will fill out a planeset, well needs a little more thought. Remember there are two types of game plane, main arena and special events. We have massive gaps in some of our plane sets (Japan and Russia really need more planes to round them out) and some very specific gaps in others. In regards to the MA, most prefer LW and not sure there are all that many planes that could be added that would be used there or contribute.

B-29 is out for various reasons. A-26 Invader would be a good add for MA.

For special events there are quite a few planes that are needed to fill out early and mid war planesets.

For the Germans the He 111 would be nice to have for Battle of France, Battle of Britain, Invasion of Russia, etc. It would probably be my number one pick for the Germans for special events use.

For the Russians see other threads discussing what the Russian set really needs. It definitely needs early war fighters (1941-1942) and ingeniousness bombers (Pe-2 comes to mind).

For the Japanese, again see other threads. At the very least they need an early to midwar bomber. Ki-67 is not very useful for special events set in early and midwar. Also would be nice to have the Ki-43 but not really necessary since A6Ms can sub for it. Overall Japanese definitely can use some more planes.

The British, more bombers would help in many situations. Right now you just have the Boston IIIs and the Lancaster. I can think of a slew of bombers to debate about for Special events (Wellington, Manchester, Hudson, Blenheim, Whitley, etc., etc. )

As for the Americans it would be nice to have a 1941-1943 torpedo plane.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

A-26 Invader would be a good add for MA.

He 111

Pe-2

the Ki-43 but not really necessary since A6Ms

BostonIII (Wellington, Manchester, Hudson, Blenheim, Whitley, etc., etc. )

As for the Americans it would be nice to have a 1941-1943 torpedo plane.

Agree to all, except add the Il-4 for Russia. And I read somewhere that the Boston III was actuall a French bomber taken over by the british after the fall of france. Could someone tell me if this is true or not?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
Agree to all, except add the Il-4 for Russia. And I read somewhere that the Boston III was actuall a French bomber taken over by the british after the fall of france. Could someone tell me if this is true or not?
Boston III's were American A-20's sold to Britain.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »
They were also sold to France (in 1939 French was desperately and vainly trying to upgrades its air force quality by ordering American planes).

The French ordered the DB-7, then the DB-7A, and finally 480 of the DB-73. The DB-73 wasn't able to get to France before its fall and these planes and their production were taken over by the RAF and re designated as the Boston III.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:16:46 AM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team