Author Topic: New TE Bugs  (Read 14921 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: New TE Bugs
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 03:26:54 AM »
Maybe its shallow water, even if it didn't get a texture painted on it?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009, 05:41:43 AM »
well its been like that from day 1,water depth was the same all over as far as i know,the only shallow water has been added after the fact :salute
in the other 2.13 version TE the map was perfect,even showed the water color,this version does not.
i wonder if there is a certain file that can be deleted or something to get the map to come out right.
this terrain was built with the 2.13 version with no problems,on difference on this terrain is size and some shallow water and coral added,
one thing i did notice was that in the new version TE when i loaded this terrain into it,some bases that were close to the water were put underwater in the new version
and i had to erase some of the water to get those bases above water again,idk if or what that would have anything to do with it,and if so that dosent explain the map not showing the water color.here is the map from the 2.13 version TE

this is from the original terrain i made as you can see its bigger,this one is a 512mile and the one im working on now is 256mile but the TE should still make the map the same
the same greyscale was used and was just downsized to 256mile,i would think the map would come out the same showing the water color,only being smaller.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:59:38 AM by danny37 »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
My clipboard issue is all the underwater textures appear on the clipboard map(UGLY!), and the water is a gray color instead of the light blue of the terrain's water.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
came across another bug when i built my terrain to check out offline
a vehicle entry(spawn) has shown up on map in game(offline)that doesent
show in the TE.
also the field where this ghost spawn comes from,when you try to up a vehicle
from the hanger on the field,it spawns you to where this ghost spawn ends at.
this spawn was not put in by me in the TE
and when you spawn and tower out you get the message "you have crashed"
and the line that shows the spawn is purple(pt/lvt spawn)but any vehicle can spawn.
ive done the check objects and it shows this field as having this spawn,but when i check
spawns itself it dosent show up,im stumped. :uhoh

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 08:07:34 PM »
Sends you to the center of the terrain, right?

If so, that's not a bug.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »
Sends you to the center of the terrain, right?

If so, that's not a bug.
its more like the bottom,but it is the middle of the bottom

you can see the purple line of the spawn

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2009, 04:48:54 AM »
The latest version of the TE allowed me to build my terrain a couple of times but now crashes when I try to do so. It just gives me an "ahedit.exe needs to close" window. Possibly this is because I've been playing with water effects recently and thats bumped up the resources needed to build it.

My PC has a 2.4 ghz C2D CPU, a GTX 260 graphics card, 2 GB of RAM and is running Window XP. I guess 2 GB isn't enough RAM for terrain building. Apart from the TE crashing, its a real pain editing the huge waterd.bmp file in PSP.

I think I'll get Windows 7 when it comes out in a few weeks so I can upgrade the memory to 4 GB at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 04:51:08 AM by Greebo »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »
Start a new terrain (clear the curterr.cfg file) and see if that survives the TE. Then, check the sizes and bit depths of all your bitmap files against those in the new terrain. You can transfer copies of them to the new terrain, one at a time until it crashes. Too many possibilities to put into the bug report thread. GL

PS, Adding memory will allow it to run faster, but that isn't your problem.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
got the ghost spawn fixed,i had added two barrport's to the terrain harbor,thats where the spawn was goin to,took them out and problem solved.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:14:26 PM by danny37 »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »
Terrain view jumping

I'd particularly like to know if anyone has found a way to keep the terrain from jumping, when viewing at a low angle, each time you initiate a new terrain type paint.

Explaination: When touching up, I repaint the farms on the side of mountains using a low angle view. Just when I'm lined up on the farm area to repaint with rock for instance, the terrain jumps when I click. Also, the textures in the view seem to change somewhat. Sometimes, if I stop and move the view, they change back, but maybe I’m going nuts. I’ve tried to learn if it zoom in, zooms out, or exactly what it’s doing but it seems random. The position and attitude textboxes don’t report any change. If anyone knows a workaround to accomplish this from within the editor, I'd appreciate it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
cmpwater.bmp is trashed running XP, no problem running Vista

Import a terrain and the TE builds a working cmpwater.bmp file.

Build the terrain once, and it’s successful, but it overwrites and corrupts the cmpwater.bmp file in the process. Build it a second time, and it aborts with the error message: “Unable to get compressed water”, that's if it doesn’t crash the TE. Multiple machines, multiple operators: Midi and Falcon.

Obviously a check of some kind for the file's presence takes place, but here’s the interesting part. Replace the cmpwater.bmp file with any properly formatted cmpwater.bmp file, even one from a different terrain, and the TE will build the terrain with no complaint in XP.

During the build, the cmpwater file balloons from say 832 K, 1024x833 to 239 MB, 1024x245504 every time. I’ll be using the smallest cmpwater file I have from now on, hehe.

Another symptom of the problem, is the longer launch-load time involved when the corrupted file is present.

XP-32, 1.5 GB up to a full 4 GB machines.

(I'll post another bug report, on Map window functions in a few minutes.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:11:37 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:57 AM »
I'm not able to duplicate the spawn point, setting circle bug this morning so I'll have to get back to you on it later, but it involved the spawn points disappearing in both the edit and map windows. I'd been moving bases and renumbering them at the time, after extensive rework of the terrain.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »
Failure to export water – XP 32bit

Export water fails to work on 32 bit XP with 1.5 to 4 GB of ram.
Confirmation: Midi and 68Falcon

Readme statement:
Go File » 'export water bitmap' - This will create 2 16384x16384 bitmaps named waterd.bmp and waterc.bmp. They will be in the texsrc folder.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »
New Object Editor fails to build any shapes

As previously reported, the new Object Editor won't build a shape, though everything else seems to work.

The current work around is to export to ac3d, any shape not available in the old OE (if there are any), and import it into the old OE where you can then build your shape. Shapes built in the old OE seem to work fine in the new TE.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Loosing the ability to select cell vertices

Select some vertices under the Elevations tab, then enter a new Terr Alt and press the Enter key. The vertice selections disappear, and you’re not able to reselect any. Also, the tabbed screens become corrupted if you think changing to the Objects tab and back will clear the problem.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001