Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6347 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: College Football
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
personally, i thought USC should won that game by 15.  That was not the case.  All the hype about USC begin a true national championship contender, lol.  That the way they play against OSU, they don't deserved to be in the top 5.  And for OSU, they are not over rated and under appreciated. 

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »
I "gagree" as Vince Young put it on Leno. ;)

Spot on w/ the o-line and McKnight.

I'm hoping for USC to reach the championship game vs. an SEC squad.  It would be nice to see them "win" a championship on the field against us instead of "claiming" one and having the AP hand it to them as happened in 2003.  All they did was beat a 2 loss Michican't while we sat the 1 loss Choklahoma Heisman winner and crew down on their butts in the "Championship game".
I thought the same back then, and still do. 
USC was saying they were going for a 3-peat back in 2005 when they were facing UT in the BCS title game........hhmmm.......IIRC, LSU spanked OU in the title game in 2003 (a game OU had no right to be in when they had just lost their own conference title game in embarassing fashion), then USC actually did put a major spanking on OU in 2004.  Who cares about a media poll champion?  The real champions in 2003 were the LSU Tigers and they won it on the field.  Granted, there were several teams who should have faced LSU in the title game rather than OU, but the co-championship USC claims to have won that season is just fictitious.......there's a reason they play the games, right?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2009, 03:16:54 AM »
wasn't 2003 the year that Boise St. should have gotten into the national championship?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2009, 03:39:10 AM »
2003 was the year Boise St. beat TCU in the inaugural Ft. Worth Bowl by a field goal. :rolleyes:

I thought the same back then, and still do.  
USC was saying they were going for a 3-peat back in 2005 when they were facing UT in the BCS title game........hhmmm.......IIRC, LSU spanked OU in the title game in 2003 (a game OU had no right to be in when they had just lost their own conference title game in embarassing fashion), then USC actually did put a major spanking on OU in 2004.  Who cares about a media poll champion?  The real champions in 2003 were the LSU Tigers and they won it on the field.  Granted, there were several teams who should have faced LSU in the title game rather than OU, but the co-championship USC claims to have won that season is just fictitious.......there's a reason they play the games, right?

No doubt.  The only split championship since the BCS was created is the media darlings of USC in 2003.  It's OK though.  Since then the pampers were put on USC, all they've had to do was ride their preseason tricycles into the championship game each year.  Unfortunately, they either lose to Stanford, Cal, Oregon St, or Texas.  Luckily they got to play Stoops and Choklahoma the year Auburn was undefeated w/ Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Jason Campbell in the same backfield. Say what you want about them.  They either start in the NFL, or at least carry the load when healthy unlike Leinart, Young, and Reggie Bush.

Then you have Pete Carrol who says the same crap at the end of the year about how they are the best team at the end of the season.   Too bad, Hollywood.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2009, 05:01:04 AM »
2003 was the year Boise St. beat TCU in the inaugural Ft. Worth Bowl by a field goal. :rolleyes:

No doubt.  The only split championship since the BCS was created is the media darlings of USC in 2003.  It's OK though.  Since then the pampers were put on USC, all they've had to do was ride their preseason tricycles into the championship game each year.  Unfortunately, they either lose to Stanford, Cal, Oregon St, or Texas.  Luckily they got to play Stoops and Choklahoma the year Auburn was undefeated w/ Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Jason Campbell in the same backfield. Say what you want about them.  They either start in the NFL, or at least carry the load when healthy unlike Leinart, Young, and Reggie Bush.

Then you have Pete Carrol who says the same crap at the end of the year about how they are the best team at the end of the season.   Too bad, Hollywood.
Dont you know?  Its a felony for saying that, punishable by death.  Oh wait, nevermind you don't live in southern california, bandwagon central.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline AcesHighMan2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »
they lost, should have won that one.
ya i agree  :salute
Rapture1

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »
Either way, the games yesterday were excellent. The michigan ND game going down to the wire and USC Ohio State was a pure classic IMO
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline AcesHighMan2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
Either way, the games yesterday were excellent. The michigan ND game going down to the wire and USC Ohio State was a pure classic IMO
yea they were all great games i watched everyone of them what a night  :rock

:salute
Rapture1

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
Image of the Week:
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »
Image of the Week:
(Image removed from quote.)

Washington has look surprisinly good this year, compared to last year and the year before..... its nice to see they ended there losing streak, 2 and 1 this year so far would be nice to see another Don James type Era starting.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »

Looks like an advertisement for two condom companies.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
USC always loses the games they should win in their conference.  Then they end up crying at the end of year with Pete Carrill saying that they are the best team in the country and should be in the BCS.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »
USC always loses the games they should win in their conference.  Then they end up crying at the end of year with Pete Carrill saying that they are the best team in the country and should be in the BCS.

He just a whinny little B*tch. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »
Choklahoma is the only 1 loss team in the top ten.  :rolleyes:

What a joke this system is. 

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
there is way to many 2v1 teams in the top 25 on both polls, just goes to show how your school name means more than how your performing
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch