Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
Re: College Football
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
Bradford got hurt again. Its just not his year.
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
Bradford got hurt again. Its just not his year.

It was only a matter of time.  Anyway, yeah he came down on that shoulder hard, but if that's all it took to take him out, it would have happened eventually, especially with OU's defense.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
 Ohio State Loses!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »
yep, they choke in that game.  looks like iwoa may get the big 10 title, if they beat the buckeyes.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »
 Iowa still has a ways to go. Michigan State is not a automatic win for Iowa. Ohio State plays at Penn State November 7. Possible second Big Ten loss.

If Iowa goes into the Horseshoe undefeated (and OSU doesn't lose again) the best the Buckeyes can do is tie for the Big Ten title. Iowa should beat Indiana, Northwestern and Minnesota at home.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
I'm sick. Razorbacks had a chance to upset Florida and we just couldn't put it away. The refs were very biased towards the gators, even the commentators knew that. Two very questionable calls against the hogs set it up for a Florida TD. A last second Florida field goal set the final to 23-20. Anyway, great job by the hogs for comin out and playin strong. Not tryin to undermine the gators, but that game was way closer than anyone had expected.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:28:54 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
 Texas didn't do as well as they should have for a top ranked team. Considering they were playing a Bradford less Oklahoma. Gators were definitely beatable today. USC not dominate, but we already knew that. They win but have to fight off a upset. Ohio State loses to a 2-5 team on the road.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »
I'm sick. Razorbacks had a chance to upset Florida and we just couldn't put it away. The refs were very biased towards the gators, even the commentators knew that. Two very questionable calls against the hogs set it up for a Florida TD. A last second Florida field goal set the final to 23-20. Anyway, great job by the hogs for comin out and playin strong. Not tryin to undermine the gators, but that game was way closer than anyone had expected.

Do feel to bad.  After that game, this will boost Bama confidence that they will FINALLY have a shot at the National Championship.  Florida is weak this year. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
Do feel to bad.  After that game, this will boost Bama confidence that they will FINALLY have a shot at the National Championship.  Florida is weak this year. 

I wouldn't say "weak".   From what I've seen of a few games I've looked in on, it's more of "they're missing something and you cannot put a finger on it".   

Miscellaneous Observations:

Bama SHOULD be No.1 in the BCS.   Razorbacks played EXCELLENT against a "false #1 ranked" Florida team.   From Oct.-Mid Nov. the cream rises to the top as I said earlier.   

Bradford I believe has gone from a No.1 pick in the 2009 Draft, to a Second round pick in the 2010 draft.   His shoulder is screwed and something like this, doesn't go away.   Especially after rushing back to start before he was healed in the first place.   

Ohio State has lost any credibility with me.   Two loses, this last one to an Unranked Purdue team fer chrissakes, has sealed it.   They are a pretender in a weak Conference.   I still see Michigan beating them somehow in November.    OSU will probably get an undeserving Bowl Bid in the lesser BCS bowls.   

I still see Iowa having what it takes to come out on top and win the Big 10 outright.   

TCU....from what I have seen on a few games I've seen of them, look like a Top Tier program.   His knowledge of the Defense from his previous Coordinator duties show themselves.   Not to mention, their receivers always seem to get great separation from the Secondary.

I don't see a team beating Alabama in the National Championship Game.   Because I don't see any team beating them, they have all of the "key components" and Ingram is making a more than deserving run at the Heisman.   That front line is filthy and making large holes into the "2nd level" of their opponents Defense.   If you do that, you'll win. 

All of these observations are made from the eyes a Tennessee Volunteers fan who's lived in Michigan his whole life and devours Football.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2009, 03:40:52 AM »
I wouldn't say "weak".   From what I've seen of a few games I've looked in on, it's more of "they're missing something and you cannot put a finger on it".   

Maybe not weak, but not as strong like last year.

Miscellaneous Observations:

Bama SHOULD be No.1 in the BCS.   Razorbacks played EXCELLENT against a "false #1 ranked" Florida team.   From Oct.-Mid Nov. the cream rises to the top as I said earlier.   

I picked Bama and BSU playing each other in the National cham

Bradford I believe has gone from a No.1 pick in the 2009 Draft, to a Second round pick in the 2010 draft.   His shoulder is screwed and something like this, doesn't go away.   Especially after rushing back to start before he was healed in the first place.   

It's just not his year. Poor guy

Ohio State has lost any credibility with me.   Two loses, this last one to an Unranked Purdue team fer chrissakes, has sealed it.   They are a pretender in a weak Conference.   I still see Michigan beating them somehow in November.    OSU will probably get an undeserving Bowl Bid in the lesser BCS bowls.   

I still see Iowa having what it takes to come out on top and win the Big 10 outright.   

Mich beating OSU.  NO.  I do see Iwoa beating them

TCU....from what I have seen on a few games I've seen of them, look like a Top Tier program.   His knowledge of the Defense from his previous Coordinator duties show themselves.   Not to mention, their receivers always seem to get great separation from the Secondary.

I don't see a team beating Alabama in the National Championship Game.   Because I don't see any team beating them, they have all of the "key components"   (Is that what they said about USC playing aganst TU?  Any thing can happen.)  and Ingram is making a more than deserving run at the Heisman.   That front line is filthy and making large holes into the "2nd level" of their opponents Defense.   If you do that, you'll win. 

All of these observations are made from the eyes a Tennessee Volunteers fan who's lived in Michigan his whole life and devours Football.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2009, 06:20:52 AM »
 Ohio State will have a hard time at Penn State nov 7. Then Iowa week later, then Michigan. Could be a rough November for OSU!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »
Awesome day of college football, ou vs texas was just an excellent game
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »
Ohio State will have a hard time at Penn State nov 7. Then Iowa week later, then Michigan. Could be a rough November for OSU!

Oh yea, forgot about PSU.  November will be a test for OSU for sure.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
roll tide

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
USC moved up to #4!?! 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group