Author Topic: Curious about these P-47 postings.  (Read 674 times)

AG Sachsenberg

Curious about these P-47 postings.
« on: May 15, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
yes everyone is calling for the 47 to be souped up, even I would like ot see it as well.  But I think you would be very interested to know that the D-9 was also souped up as well.  JV44 D-9's were specially modified by their mechanics their job was to fly cover for the 262's.  They needed to have a very high performance at low alt operations.  Also very interesting is to note that one of the piltos picked up a very special D-9 for such a monumental task of providing cover for the 262's.  Klaus Faber's plane.  Not sure what was done with it, but he was not afraid of any allied plane in it at low alt.  Would be interesting if they did this for a select few air planes    

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Interesting perk Idea. But I think in the case of the the razor back jug the ability of the engine to be tuned so well was historically important. How many of the German Staffel captains and Group and wing comanders killed in late 43 early 44 were killed by P47s capable of unexpected performance......
Almost any book on the LW in the west spends lots of ink describing the increadable carage inflicted during that period by specifically the p47 on the creame of the LW in the west. These where all guys that had dealt with Jugs successfully befor but suddenly they start to get whiped out.
Obviosly lots of issues were at play but all experianced players here have a good idea what that kind of non identifiable enhancement would do to an experianced E fighter.
I think we need the tuned P47D5 or D11 here here as a perk plane. I would think that a perked low alt optimized all 20mm 190D would also be cool. As would the 2 mg108 2 mg103 2 mg151/20 me262 that Bar flew.....
And the 4 hispano P51B
And the 6 hispano Spit
Gota be some Russian planes that had rare mods that would be cool ultra expensive perks as well.....
If the LA7 was a production plane what where the special mod versions capable of...
gravy baby....

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
I say no to adding wonder cannon hispano armed aircraft.  If that is the case give the germasn there do with the 251

funked

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
LOL
One-off's and field mods are OK for Limpwiffle planes, but not for Allies.  
Oooh the hypocrisy!  I quit!  

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 05-15-2001).]

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
LOL
One-off's and field mods are OK for Limpwiffle planes, but not for Allies.    
Oooh the hypocrisy!  I quit!    

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 05-15-2001).]

I did say I was all for the 47 getting juiced did I not?  

yes everyone is calling for the 47 to be souped up, even I would like ot see it as well

Please do not raise these stupid accusations anymore, they are quite childish and frankly unwarranted.    Why do we even bother posting in here anymore?

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
Real men fly D30.

Sissies fly D25.

P47 wouldbe pilots fly D11.

LW pilots will fly "M".

------------------
Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier
   http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"
You may want to fly above this red light, Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier while flight instructing on short final runway 04 KMLB.

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 05-15-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

funked

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
Geez I'm just kidding!  How many smileys do I have to put in there!

However a 4-Hispano Spitfire or Mustang has just as much right to be in AH as any of the Luftwaffe low-production jobs or field mods.

funked

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
PS:

Please do not raise these stupid accusations anymore

I've never accused you of being a hypocrite before and don't recall anyone else doing so either.

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »

PS:

I've never accused you of being a hypocrite before and don't recall anyone else doing so either.

Rolleyes funked man

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
LOl breathe its ok.  Whoo got your ticker started there huh?  Just messing with ya funked, it is ok to do that?  I mean being called limpwristed something something is ok.  It s all in fun as I take it.  I know I should be more generous with the smileys as well   :0          

funked

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BASTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »

Geez I'm just kidding!  How many smileys do I have to put in there!

However a 4-Hispano Spitfire or Mustang has just as much right to be in AH as any of the Luftwaffe low-production jobs or field mods.

Hey I would be all for it actually.  Just give us a D-11 D-12 or D-13 along with these low production jobs.  Hell give us a damn real D-9 I would be happy.  

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
Well, the real problem is that all the flight test data would be based on production birds, not on the modified ones.  Pyro doesn't likely have any good performance data on the modified birds.  Therefore, it's not really possible to give use the modified ones I would think.

I'll take the D-11 and the M thanks.

Oh and Frenchy, real men fly the D25 and the D11 when it comes out.  That souped up D-30 is for those not man enough for a Razorback.  

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

[This message has been edited by Lephturn (edited 05-15-2001).]

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
I think the chog and the 4 cannon P51 has as much or MORE reason to be in the game than the Osty (40 production????????) does.

<GDR>
Mav  
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »

Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy:
Real men fly D30.

Sissies fly D25.

P47 wouldbe pilots fly D11.

LW pilots will fly "M".

de la Me*de ? on pense la même chose ?