Author Topic: What is the best bomber in Aces High?  (Read 639 times)

TheWobble

What is the best bomber in Aces High?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2000, 10:51:00 AM »
that is a good idea, i would buy me a superfortress and then fly it off and sell it to the russians!, I wonder how many points they would give me for it>  maby i would return flying a Bear Bomber with nukes!!!  YEA YEA YEA!!

ok but seriously thats a good idea.

Offline Major Tom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2000, 09:24:00 PM »
B-26, after you drop your bombs on target you can go on the offensive against the LW dweebs trying to climb up and meet you.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2000, 09:39:00 PM »
Yup, they all have their role in AH, but from a strat perspective:

The Lancaster carries enough bombs to slam all hangars at a field.  It also works great against HQs.

The B17 packs a punch, but is a serious gunship.  If you've got a high-profile multiship mission somewhere, this should be your ride of choice.  Until they increase target hardness against MGs, the B17 makes a great strafing platform too.

The B26 is just great fun.  You can use it to knock down ack, slam Vfields, or blow a hangar; or you can strafe with the guns, and CAP airfields.  Nothing is as satisfying as vulching in a b26 (although the relatively small ammo load of the forward guns limits its staying power).

The Ju88 climbs like a dog, but runs fast enough and has enough bombs to deack two fields and close their Vfields.