Author Topic: Love Saturday Nights  (Read 3826 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Love Saturday Nights
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
I did get the other 38, I remember now! :D
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 10:57:42 AM »
The fact remains that the dar-bar was present from sector to sector as the mission climbed out. P47's packing bombs are incredibly slow in a climb, therefore dar-bar basically serves as a billboard advertisement saying "HEY, SHOOT US DOWN, WE'RE HEADING YOUR WAY!!" I distinctly remember apologizing for launching the mission from further back, but we needed distance for altitude.

The fact remains that well organized defense has time to respond to the dar-bar threat as it SLOWLY CLIMBS OUT.
The fact remains that it has been proven to work before many times. Missions (hordes) have indeed been broken before. Rooks have demonstrated their patience and adeptness in doing this many times. We've been busted by the best.

Apparently, Rooks in general did not notice something amiss coming at them across the map. Therefore, not much of a defense ensued.

It's not like Scotty beamed us on location over target and we dropped in without advanced notice.

There was no defense because you guys did this for hours on end.  Just up 45-50 guys and freight train a field.  After the first three times, people decide to just let you have the field.....it's just not worth the time, and it certainly isn't fun.

Most of the rooks that defended against your first 10 hordes said "screw it" and went to the real fun (and even) fight between knit and rook around A33 (i think) on Baltic.  This left you hordemasters the reset.  It's a shame, because I love Baltic as a map.  There were 2 guys up just giving a running count on your field tallies so Rooks could land their kills.  

If that doesn't prove how dweebish you are, nothing will.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:00:08 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
The thing that bothers me is all with in 1 sector there was a VB, the port they went after, and the associated CV. This is where the dweebishness and stupidity comes in. With the amount of people they had....and not all 40 of them are in the picture... they could have easily split the mission and tried for all three at once.

Where's the challenge to having 40 planes bomb the crap out of one field and circle for 5 minutes waiting for any uppers? And heaven forbid anyone suicidal enough to try and up to defend. We all know how terrifying it can be if you let someone get wheels up and a 120 mph of wind under a wing !!

Its sad that 40 guys get together and can't come up with a plan that might challenge them. Something they may have to work together to accomplish. I thought the Bish prided themselves on teamwork? A horde isn't teamwork, its an overwhelming force.

Sure I'd guess the Rooks and Knits are just as guilty of putting together hordes. I, on the other hand will take a stand, I will NOT join the horde !!

Any one else have balls enough to stand with me?   :pray

Same old same old, from the same old same old.  :rolleyes:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
Same old same old, from the same old same old.  :rolleyes:

+1

Some folks are going to get ulcers worrying about the big bad horde.  If you don't like the fight, move somewhere else, not a difficult thing to do.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »
+1

Some folks are going to get ulcers worrying about the big bad horde.  If you don't like the fight, move somewhere else, not a difficult thing to do.

Fred

It is if it's the only real fight going on on the map at the time.

Honestly, explain to me where the fun is in upping with 39 other guys, grabbing alt for 15 minutes, then flying half a sector to watch as the guys out front wipe everything out. Your left circling a destroyed field with no uppers. Please, with an honest answer, where is the fun in that?

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

Honestly, explain to me where the fun is in upping with 39 other guys, grabbing alt for 15 minutes, then flying half a sector to watch as the guys out front wipe everything out. Your left circling a destroyed field with no uppers. Please, with an honest answer, where is the fun in that?

I never said it was, I just don't complain about it.  If I'm not having fun I go somewhere else, or I simply log and come back another day.  I tend not to let cartoon games stress me.  I know some others have difficulty separating real life from this game, but this is simply a game, nothing more or nothing less.

One thing I know is, all three countries do it, and like taxes it's not going away.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

some guys NEED to be in the horde to survive.....and although you, and i can't understand it, i guess they have their fun just as we have ours trying to maneuver for a good clean kill
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »
some guys NEED to be in the horde to survive.....and although you, and i can't understand it, i guess they have their fun just as we have ours trying to maneuver for a good clean kill

I agree completely!!

Some guys NEED to pick and run to survive, they can't actually engage someone in a "fight". (although these guys "think" they're fighting)

Thats just one of the many examples of the way some people choose to survive in the game.

I guess alot of people have a different definition of what fighting means.

I mean really, how many times have you encountered someone co-alt only to have them turn and run and climb run and climb.

They apparently NEED to have an altitude advantage, otherwise they WILL NOT fight.

I guess everyone has different needs.

I can't help but admire you guys who "manuver" for a good "clean" kill.

You guys are truley superior players! :rock

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
There was no defense because you guys did this for hours on end.  Just up 45-50 guys and freight train a field.  After the first three times, people decide to just let you have the field.....it's just not worth the time, and it certainly isn't fun.

Most of the rooks that defended against your first 10 hordes said "screw it" and went to the real fun (and even) fight between knit and rook around A33 (i think) on Baltic.  This left you hordemasters the reset.  It's a shame, because I love Baltic as a map.  There were 2 guys up just giving a running count on your field tallies so Rooks could land their kills.  

If that doesn't prove how dweebish you are, nothing will.

+1 i agree its truely the lamest thing about AH.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »
I agree completely!!

Some guys NEED to pick and run to survive, they can't actually engage someone in a "fight". (although these guys "think" they're fighting)

Thats just one of the many examples of the way some people choose to survive in the game.

I guess alot of people have a different definition of what fighting means.

I mean really, how many times have you encountered someone co-alt only to have them turn and run and climb run and climb.

They apparently NEED to have an altitude advantage, otherwise they WILL NOT fight.

I guess everyone has different needs.

I can't help but admire you guys who "manuver" for a good "clean" kill.

You guys are truley superior players! :rock

oooooo i am by no means superior. i actually ho'd a 190 sat night in my 38j. must've been embarrasing for him to lose a ho to a 38.....but that's all he'd do,,and i kinda got tired of it really fast.

i wasn't meaning to put anyone's style down//////i was simply making a statement.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »

Who knows what is the fun in that.

But if they are having fun doing it, then it is their right.

If you don't like it, then don't do it.  Pretty simple.  But why not go find your own fun, and quit trying to dictate to them how to have theirs.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
Not to worry. We did it this time. The other sides will later. I must tend to real life now. <S>
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »
Last night JG54's horde of 3 hit a base with B17's then came back with 110's and a goon. In the mean time, the evil knight horde of 4 figured out what we were doing and put up a fight. After a 1 hour battle over the base, JG54 and friends didnt get the base capture but the 2 hordes of 4 had a great time!

It all depends on the size of the horde!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
Last night JG54's horde of 3 hit a base with B17's then came back with 110's and a goon. In the mean time, the evil knight horde of 4 figured out what we were doing and put up a fight. After a 1 hour battle over the base, JG54 and friends didnt get the base capture but the 2 hordes of 4 had a great time!

It all depends on the size of the horde!

was that the battle over A4 and V3?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »
I'll bet half of your force didn't hit anything with their bombs..... because there wasn't anything left to hit. Conjecture.

I'll bet 1/6th of your force didn't get any kills........................ ....because there wasn't anything left to kill. Conjecture.

So, more than half your force flew "that extra distance for altitude" to do nothing  :rolleyes:  WOW !!! what fun !

Its too bad that those of you flying in the horde limit your game experience to only steam rolling bases. Conjecture.

Keep up your assumptions. I am not the best, nor do I aspire to be the best in something as trivial as this hobby because this is NOT my only hobby. I'll be out in the real-worldly fresh air so someone else can take over abusing your sand box.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"