Author Topic: Love Saturday Nights  (Read 3813 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Love Saturday Nights
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Seem's like 9 out of 10 times he has to add more slots because more people want to join up and have a good time.

I can attest to that. Even if I chose not to add slots, guess what? People would chose to roll along with the mission anyway. At any rate, it's once in a great while I do something like this. Most times during the week, it doesn't happen. I'm not on, or I prefer to do my own thing with my squad. Fridays- well... look out. (There's a clue. :huh) And I'm usually too inebriated to be an effective fighter pilot. But again, guess what? Hitech designed this game so EVERYONE has their particular nitch. Mine seems to be communication with folks, having a sociably good time, and blowing **** up (on Friday nights...there's that damn clue again :huh).

Fugitive, I think you will survive. Get over it.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
If you people keep complaining.........  I'm thinking we should just go back to NOE hordes.  After all, can't beetch like a SallyGirl about NOE's, might as well call 30 people, HAVING THEIR FUN, a silly dumb horde too.  Why should I care about YOUR fun? (LLogann is not in this picture but admits to enjoy flying as they did IRL.......  With 15/31/43/63 other sticks.)

+1 i agree its truely the lamest thing about AH.
The thing that bothers me is...

Where's the challenge to having 40 planes...

Its sad that 40 guys get together and...

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »
I can attest to that. Even if I chose not to add slots, guess what? People would chose to roll along with the mission anyway. At any rate, it's once in a great while I do something like this. Most times during the week, it doesn't happen. I'm not on, or I prefer to do my own thing with my squad. Fridays- well... look out. (There's a clue. :huh) And I'm usually too inebriated to be an effective fighter pilot. But again, guess what? Hitech designed this game so EVERYONE has their particular nitch. Mine seems to be communication with folks, having a sociably good time, and blowing **** up (on Friday nights...there's that damn clue again :huh).

Fugitive, I think you will survive. Get over it.

GOD you are dense ! I understand that the Bish love your missions, I understand that you need to add more spaces to accommodate those who wish to join you, Thats GREAT !!! I applaud you and you missions. < ---- PLEASE NOTE NONE OF THIS IS SARCASM, all I'm saying is when you have the numbers, split your force to hit multiple targets. In doing this you have fun, everyone who joins your missions has fun, and yes even the guys you are hitting can have fun because its only 2 on 1 in stead of 6 on 1.

If on Friday night you get together with your squad and defend a base, and lo and behold a horde comes in and flattens everything. You move on to the next base, and here they come again. How long does your fun last? How soon before your squadies start logging in frustration? If the horde that was hitting you splits and hits a few bases at the same time, you guys stick around, having more fun, hanging with each other. Maybe you even stop the mission at that base while they capture the other two, but its still fun because its not a steam roller.

I'm not telling anyone how to fly, or how to play the game, I'm asking for a little consideration and for people to spread the fun out. Thats all, is that tough to understand?

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
After me, it'll be some one else, and some one else. There's <<<YEARS>>> of this stuff in past threads. It has not stopped, and therefore is unlikely to stop. Whines & complaints have proved to do nothing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:35:34 PM by thndregg »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 11:33:15 PM »
Why can't we all just get along?

Fugitive, don't let him lie to you........ He runs the horde even when not in-game.    :D
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 01:21:27 AM »
I'm sorry Moray, but this particular instance did not occur on baltic. This was on the current map in Orange. The map is still up.

Lol, so there were two distinctly separate hordes.  That's even mo betta.  ;)

It's not the Mega Squad that will ruin this game (per Hitech).....it's the mega hordes.  Many just leave the area now, instead of defend.  This will all eventually end up in a tile limiting equation, like Air Warrior had forever ago.  You couldn't up if there were a certain number flying in that area.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:25:19 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
all I'm saying is when you have the numbers, split your force to hit multiple targets. In doing this you have fun, everyone who joins your missions has fun, and yes even the guys you are hitting can have fun because its only 2 on 1 in stead of 6 on 1.

Again, see below. I know the boobies are distracting, but focus..
BTW I was light and I did get a kill, anyways.  By no means am I am trying to be condsending, but we actually did take two bases at once. Some went for the base and town, others went for cap, others went onto the V-base to knock out hangers and pork troops and others went for the CV anchored off the coast. So yes at the point where you seen everyone grouped up there may have been 38 planes. But in the larger picture many of those 38 planes did split off into various directions.
Lol, so there were two distinctly separate hordes.  That's even mo betta.  ;)

It's not the Mega Squad that will ruin this game (per Hitech).....it's the mega hordes.  Many just leave the area now, instead of defend.  This will all eventually end up in a tile limiting equation, like Air Warrior had forever ago.  You couldn't up if there were a certain number flying in that area.
Except for we upped at least 2 or 3 sectors out. Plenty of time to mount a interception. Rooks are typically very good at this, Is it our fault most seem to ingnore the dar? Besides EVERY country hordes, puts on horde missions. I've flown for all three, they are all the same!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »
We should wait for Fugitive to put out rules on how to properly play the game.  Because everyone has the same idea of fun and we are all the same skill level.

Finally we have found the one true voice of the AH community.............thank you Fugitive for finally stepping up and being that one voice who can show us the error of our ways.

Please post the rules and proper etiquette for the community.  We all cannot wait to start playing by your rules.......who can imagine the amount of fun that awaits.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 07:47:11 AM »
We should wait for Fugitive to put out rules on how to properly play the game.  Because everyone has the same idea of fun and we are all the same skill level.

Finally we have found the one true voice of the AH community.............thank you Fugitive for finally stepping up and being that one voice who can show us the error of our ways.

Please post the rules and proper etiquette for the community.  We all cannot wait to start playing by your rules.......who can imagine the amount of fun that awaits.

dude....i think.....bbaahh......nevermi nd........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 08:21:24 AM »
I guess I didn't make the sarcasm obvious enough.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 08:24:56 AM »
I guess I didn't make the sarcasm obvious enough.

a know.....i probably missed it.
i think i've flown with and aginast you in the past, and should've known better.  :aok

i can't believe others were getting on him though........he was only trying(i think) to make a point.  :D

sorry dude. <<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »
no problem <S>

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »
All sides do it.  Just a game.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
All sides do it.  Just a game.

IT IS?   :noid :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
IT'S NOT JUST A GAME.....................it's still real to me dammit