Author Topic: Something positive for a change  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Something positive for a change
« on: September 11, 2009, 11:49:55 AM »
Some of us often criticize Aces High and suggest ways that it could be improved, or point out things that may be incorrect, etc.  I am certainly one of those people.  But what about things that I like in AH?  What features do I think compare favorably with features in other flight sims?

This would be my list:

• In-game vox.  You don't have to fuss with teamspeak or ventrillo or pay to set up a server for your squad.  The name-tag in the upper right corner of the screen makes it easy to know who is speaking.
  • The huge number of players that can be accommodated in a single arena makes for some epic fights and Special Events.
  • The Special Events team and the semi-historical flying opportunities they create for us.
  • The viewing system is user-friendly and doesn't put you at a disadvantage if you don't have track-ir.
  • The hangar loadout screen is pretty nifty and deserves more recognition than it receives.  It makes it easy to see what's on your plane, and whether it's on the wings or center-line, etc.
  • Although it may be imperfect, the ENY/Perks system for encouraging the use of less capable aircraft is novel and effective.
  • The in-flight physics are first-class.

What's your list?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Something positive for a change
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
It allows me to shoot people without going to prison.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:54:58 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Don't forget you can steal bases. (Of course that is allowed in baseball as well)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

Yep that is something they do not let us do here in the heavy traffic of Orlando! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »
Copr's List

-Battles: 24hrs, 7days a weeks, 365 days a year
-AH Family- While disfunctional, for the most part everyones pretty kind.
-Variety-Option to fly, drive, or motorboat...whats not to like
-P51B-Enough said there
-Vox-Nice being able to talk to different players, saves on phone bill too!
-Reasonable price-I mean come on 15.00 a mo, thats dang cheap!
-Owner/Customer relations-See wishlist http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,273567.0.html

theres tons of others as well!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
You forgot the instrument layout and the trim options. As with the viewing system, a wise choice was made to make it perhaps technically less realistic in order to alleviate the age old problem of flying and seeing in a sim being more difficult than really flying...

In AHII, you can monitor your instruments, fly, and look around you without too much trouble. One doesn't realize just how special that is until you have alot of time in other sims.

Also, the game could and still can be run well enough to have fun on amazingly low-end systems.

Some of us often criticize Aces High and suggest ways that it could be improved, or point out things that may be incorrect, etc.  I am certainly one of those people.  But what about things that I like in AH?  What features do I think compare favorably with features in other flight sims?

This would be my list:

• In-game vox.  You don't have to fuss with teamspeak or ventrillo or pay to set up a server for your squad.  The name-tag in the upper right corner of the screen makes it easy to know who is speaking.
  • The huge number of players that can be accommodated in a single arena makes for some epic fights and Special Events.
  • The Special Events team and the semi-historical flying opportunities they create for us.
  • The viewing system is user-friendly and doesn't put you at a disadvantage if you don't have track-ir.
  • The hangar loadout screen is pretty nifty and deserves more recognition than it receives.  It makes it easy to see what's on your plane, and whether it's on the wings or center-line, etc.
  • Although it may be imperfect, the ENY/Perks system for encouraging the use of less capable aircraft is novel and effective.

What's your list?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »
The emphasis on flight dynamics instead of instruments and other micro management, coupled with good physics. 
That HTC doesn't pig out on system-clogging eye candy like so many other games do.  That in general they try to do more with less.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »
What you just said......All of it you crazy guy!!!  But lest we forget.... The opportunity to take a break from life's troubles and sit back and have great conversations with a group of people we may, or may never meet.  Bishop, or enemy, I enjoy so many people here.   :rock

Some of us often criticize Aces High and suggest ways that it could be improved, or point out things that may be incorrect, etc.  I am certainly one of those people.  But what about things that I like in AH?  What features do I think compare favorably with features in other flight sims?

This would be my list:

• In-game vox.  You don't have to fuss with teamspeak or ventrillo or pay to set up a server for your squad.  The name-tag in the upper right corner of the screen makes it easy to know who is speaking.
  • The hangar loadout screen is pretty nifty and deserves more recognition than it receives.  It makes it easy to see what's on your plane, and whether it's on the wings or center-line, etc.

What's your list?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:30:31 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »
Flight model. Damage model. Terrain. The interaction of HTC ingame and on forums.
Films!!! FSO. Choices.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:56:07 PM »
The ability to die over and over again, and not really be dead! If this wasn't a game, you'd be reading my headstone!

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
1) My favorite feature is Hitech himself.  In what other business does the CEO interact with customers? .....heck in most on line games you NEVER get to talk with the owner/CEO and lead designer.  Hitech is very acessable

2) Also high marks to skuzzy ....we could not do with out him.

3)  The awesome variety of things to play with ....bombers ....fighters ...jeeps ...etc etc ...awesome!

4)  The people who play this game....there are some wonderful folks who hang out here ...and some great talent!

5)  HTC willingness to take ideas from the player base

6)  The skinners ...I live for the skins!....you guys and gals make this game even better with your wonderful work!

7)  Sound pack makers who really bring the game to life!....you can sit in the tower at an airfield ...and it sounds like you are at an airshow!

8 )  Small features like the auto takeoff ...and ability to turn tracers off....and more

9)  The ability to squelch text/vox of overly "chatty" players  ...I think this helps to keep people calm.

10)  That HTC and the comunity Allows me to be here!

:salute

Helm ...out

XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »
LOL.......  Somebody get Helm a towel for his nose!!!!    :salute

1) My favorite feature is Hitech himself.  In what other business does the CEO interact with customers? .....heck in most on line games you NEVER get to talk with the owner/CEO and lead designer.  Hitech is very acessable

He certainly is right though.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

This would be my list:

What's your list?
i would add that no other online game gives its community the chance to  play a big part in the setups such as the AVA,TERRAIN EDITOR,OBJECT EDITOR,MISSION EDITOR and not to mention FSOs and SCENAIROS :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
Flight model. Damage model. Terrain. The interaction of HTC ingame and on forums.
Films!!! FSO. Choices.
True that!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:32 PM »
Plus 1 to post on this thread  :x
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder