Author Topic: collisions and ho-ing revisited  (Read 1615 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Re: collisions and ho-ing revisited
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »
It appears that few of the guys that complain about ho's and collisions visit the BB,as most of the replies supported ho-ing and collisions.It's just when I'm flying I see so many people denying they ho,and so many people pizzing and moaning about collisions.I think most folks support things only when it works for them :lol By the way,I don't really care how the ho's and collisions go,I was only trying to get a survey on most peoples feelings about the subject.
ID

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
Actually.... I found that interesting as well.  But usually, it's all the anti-ho's that speak up.   :D

It appears that few of the guys that complain about ho's and collisions visit the BB,as most of the replies supported ho-ing and collisions.
ID

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »
Alright, before this poo-storm really gets started:

I know it's a rather redunkulous download (being a 1:20:37 long MP3 file), but this explains the collision model ENTIRELY in all sorts of ways directly from the Man himself. If you still think collisions are unfair after hearing this, you need a hole bored through your head. :lol It also explains some other various lag "issues." I find them very interesting to listen to once in a while, though there are three episodes.
Link, ~37MB

I'm sure those who are adamant that it suxors and that it's out to get them will keep their tinfoil hats pointed in that link's direction, but maybe it will clear a few people's heads.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »
It appears that few of the guys that complain about ho's and collisions visit the BB,as most of the replies supported ho-ing and collisions.It's just when I'm flying I see so many people denying they ho,and so many people pizzing and moaning about collisions.I think most folks support things only when it works for them :lol By the way,I don't really care how the ho's and collisions go,I was only trying to get a survey on most peoples feelings about the subject.
ID

EVERYONE ho's at one point or another.

there are no exceptions.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
It appears that few of the guys that complain about ho's and collisions visit the BB,as most of the replies supported ho-ing and collisions.

No.
We don't support collisions. We do support the collision modeling in Aces High 2.
That's a big difference.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »

No collisions are unfair
All mid-air collisions can be avoided
Every collision is the result of one's own doing

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
It ain't broke, please don't try to fix it. Rather learn how it works, learn to avoid the situation.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
A Ho is personal and up to the individual to do or not do. i personally dont ho unless im getting ganged, then i have nothing to lose.

collisions-- get to close, you're gonna have a collision. works with cars too. i dont have a problem with collisions. personally i think freindly collisions should be allowed, that would reduce ganging!

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
I have been hoed on and it is part of the game. Someone said once that this is the only way a noob can get a kill. maybee that is true or not ,I just go about my day. I try not to ho myself.
   As for collisions they are going to happen sooner or later. its not that you collide its how you deal with it .
Do you get on 200 and complain all night or do you just remember that it is a game. I guess I still care what my actions are and that I play with respect .
Maybe Im just old fashioned.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
. personally i think freindly collisions should be allowed, that would reduce ganging!

DEFINITELY AGREED.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 01:00:52 PM »
How do you get rid of HO? Make it impossible to shoot if you have your nose pointed at someone? Make it impossible to point your nose at another plane?

And you want to get rid of collisions as well?

So we all fly around in S circles because no one can shoot at each other and we can all play bumper planes because collisions don't hurt the planes...yeah fun stuff  :frown:

You don't like collisions or HO's, play another flight sim offline and turn off anything that has to do with realistic mode.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »
How low can I put my hand?  I don't want someone to accidentally think I have mine raised...

I think both are absolutely necessary to have any semblance of reality in our simulated fights.

Both keep our fights somewhat "honest". 

Fly carelessly, suffer a collision. 

Give your opponent a gun solution, get shot. 

Pretty simple really.

What does your skill in the rest of the fight matter, if you should have died on the merge?

Agree...  :salute
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
How do you get rid of HO? Make it impossible to shoot if you have your nose pointed at someone? Make it impossible to point your nose at another plane?

And you want to get rid of collisions as well?

So we all fly around in S circles because no one can shoot at each other and we can all play bumper planes because collisions don't hurt the planes...yeah fun stuff  :frown:

You don't like collisions or HO's, play another flight sim offline and turn off anything that has to do with realistic mode.
WELL......

remember one thing about turning off the ability to ho........they did that in AW3. look where they are now.

as bad as i suck at avoiding them, and as much as i hate them........and as much as i hate doing them...and i have when i get ho'd first........i don't think they should change anything. it works as it is.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »
personally i think freindly collisions should be allowed, that would reduce ganging!

DEFINITELY AGREED.

In that case you would have to treat any green con in the are as an an enemy.

Ever heard about griefing? You don't like me for any reason? Wait until I'm on my landing approach in my 262, bringing home 10 scalps... then "ram" me.
Friendly cons warping around... noobs in their first day of flying colliding with you...

It's just not possible in the MA's.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »

We would have to find something else to squeak about
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)