Author Topic: New patch, HTC has been busy  (Read 2948 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Re: New patch, HTC has been busy
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »

So keep on laughing if you think turret roation speed does not matter at all ;)

i will as i keep killin them like usual :x

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »
THANK YOU for addressing the Wirble!!!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
I think someone is in for a rude awakening.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »
i like the new pt ! good looking boat!   i also noticed the wake on shore for lvt's.
 the best part is the ability to get the nose of the pt ahwash in a turn/turn back, i think that tells me the depth of the water has changed, and/or seaplanes are coming maybe   ????
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
i like the new pt ! good looking boat!   i also noticed the wake on shore for lvt's.
 the best part is the ability to get the nose of the pt ahwash in a turn/turn back, i think that tells me the depth of the water has changed, and/or seaplanes are coming maybe   ????

I think it means you better find your floaties and start wearing them again :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »

Subs...  In 2 weeks :D

***G3-MF***

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »
I'm curious about the provisions they've added for expanding the ordinance options. Are they going to use the same "Wings / Fuselage / Rockets" selection scheme as we have now, or is it going to be split up? Maybe with the option to outfit each pylon manually?

Be great being able to say "I want the drop tank on my RIGHT pylon" in the F4U-1D/C and 4 to balance the plane in the absence of the wing fuel tanks.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »
No fixes for the new Terrain Editor though. :(
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »
Welp, those werble turrets have a very heavy feel.

Good news for the x52 guys, those profiles have been updated. Hope that works out for those users.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
I'm curious about the provisions they've added for expanding the ordinance options. Are they going to use the same "Wings / Fuselage / Rockets" selection scheme as we have now, or is it going to be split up? Maybe with the option to outfit each pylon manually?

Be great being able to say "I want the drop tank on my RIGHT pylon" in the F4U-1D/C and 4 to balance the plane in the absence of the wing fuel tanks.

Or maybe allowing you to sling a 2,000 lb bomb on the center pylon and 2 1,000 lb. bombs on the wing pylons, like Lindbergh did on 9/12/44 and 9/13/44 on targets at Wotje Island. 

Or maybe allow some historical loadouts like either taking rockets on the wings or bombs instead of both at the same time (which P-38s did not do in real life).

Or maybe optional ordnance packages like 2,000 lb or even 3,000 lb bombs, HVARs and AP rounds for the B-25H, etc.

I'm very intrigued by the possibilities.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
Or maybe allowing you to sling a 2,000 lb bomb on the center pylon and 2 1,000 lb. bombs on the wing pylons, like Lindbergh did on 9/12/44 and 9/13/44 on targets at Wotje Island. 

Or maybe allow some historical loadouts like either taking rockets on the wings or bombs instead of both at the same time (which P-38s did not do in real life).

Or maybe optional ordnance packages like 2,000 lb or even 3,000 lb bombs, HVARs and AP rounds for the B-25H, etc.

I'm very intrigued by the possibilities.

ack-ack

I've been wanting the 2k center pylon bomb for a LONG time (I have it on the wishlist forum).

Oh, and Tiny Tims!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
Tiny Tims

:noid
See Rule #4

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
I've been wanting the 2k center pylon bomb for a LONG time (I have it on the wishlist forum).

Oh, and Tiny Tims!

You do realize that your precious F4Us will become the bomb-truck in lieu of the 110g, P-47N, P-38L, etc., right?   :P

Fight Like a Girl

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
THANK YOU for addressing the Wirble!!!
Yes I agree with you on the Wirble. But, BOOOO leave the Ostie alone!

Periscopes and torpedoes? (key the Jaws music). I only know of 1 sub to sub kill in WW2.

My question is with the Pt boats. When firing all guns, do they aim together as well now?
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »
Yes I agree with you on the Wirble. But, BOOOO leave the Ostie alone!

Periscopes and torpedoes? (key the Jaws music). I only know of 1 sub to sub kill in WW2.

My question is with the Pt boats. When firing all guns, do they aim together as well now?

Both Ostie and Wirbel have the same hand-cranked rotation mechanism. But in game, I think the Ostie will be "suffering" less from the reduced speed, as it's nowadays mostly used against buffs at low & medium altitudes

And yes, all PT guns fire & aim together now. 4 machineguns, a 20mm, a 37mm and a 40mm cannon.... inferno!  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman