Author Topic: Pilot wound in GV's?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: Pilot wound in GV's?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong. But didnt some German "eggtard" record something like 500 tank kills on the Russian front?

A: yes youre wrong

B: not saying egging a GV never happened...... just that it was not as common a practice as in a game
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 04:05:32 PM »
Because exposed gunners sitting on top of an open turret shouldn't be hurt by 6 50. cals blowing at them.

The turret speed change is a great one, made even better by unsyncing the IL2 37mms. Completely balanced and long needed changes IMO.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »
Because exposed gunners sitting on top of an open turret shouldn't be hurt by 6 50. cals blowing at them.

NO because if youre going for historical accuracy then nobody would be blowing 6 50. cals at them........

in case you arent aware... a WW cannot travel at 350mph and has a zero roll rate

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
NO because if youre going for historical accuracy then nobody would be blowing 6 50. cals at them........

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »
making the turret rotation speed more accurate has very little to do with real world accuracy............ once again theres a very distinct line between "real world" and "game" just like there is no recorded instance in "real world" of a tank shooting a plane with its main gun........ planes didnt very often strafe to death WW or osti or any sizeable gun battery in the real world ........ so it becomes a point of real world accuracy in modeling inhibits game world playability

Are you aware of just how many ground attack sorties were flown against the Germans in 1944 and 1945? Are you aware of the millions of rounds of 50 BMG ammunition fired on strafing runs in that period? Are you aware of just how many German vehicle columns were repeatedly and mercilessly strafed in that period?

In order to conduct successful ground operations you must either conduct them where your enemy has no air assets, or you must attain at least local air superiority.

If you do not wish to be strafed, do not get caught in the open where there is no cover from air attack, and where you have no air cover of your own.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »

Are you aware of just how many ground attack sorties were flown against the Germans in 1944 and 1945? Are you aware of the millions of rounds of 50 BMG ammunition fired on strafing runs in that period? Are you aware of just how many German vehicle columns were repeatedly and mercilessly strafed in that period?

In order to conduct successful ground operations you must either conduct them where your enemy has no air assets, or you must attain at least local air superiority.

If you do not wish to be strafed, do not get caught in the open where there is no cover from air attack, and where you have no air cover of your own.

Ill answer these for you since your tone seems to infer you cannot......

Are you aware that this is a game and accuracy vs playability is a line that is often way crossed to the playability side? in many cases it is such (leaves that historically accurate argument out the window)

Are you aware how many times a 50 plane horde was sent to an airbase NOE and had all hangers down leaving them with only a handful of WW to defend [both a base and a town]? NEVER (leaves that historically accurate argument out the window)

I put those brackets in the last one for you to clearly see another example.......... where in "historical accuracy" was a town needed to be destoyed and ten troops dropped to capture territory?

so you see this is not ............as HITECH himself has said many times and will gladly say again IM sure........ a reproduction of history....... nor is it intended to be

this is a game that has trademarks of WWII equipment.......... and while I would agree that accuracy is nice in some aspects......... its not the end all way to be

lest we forget this is a game and none of our actions and behaviours in the game historically reflect

I will also in going give you one more for the historically accurate crowd......... next time you die......... logoff and dont come back..... after all you want EVERYTHING historically accurate

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
I will also in going give you one more for the historically accurate crowd......... next time you die......... logoff and dont come back..... after all you want EVERYTHING historically accurate

No. I just want plane & gv perfomance as accurately modeled as possible. And to answer an earlier question, just because some things still may nit be perfect, that's no reason to for further going for that kind of accuracy :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
Batch.... do you play xbox alot?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »
now takes 2 guys from even a 90° difference in approach 1 bullet to easily disable a WW........ without even being well coordinated ...... major difference in gameplay

Drive a M16 then, turns and aims faster.

just like there is no recorded instance in "real world" of a tank shooting a plane with its main gun........ planes didnt very often strafe to death WW or osti or any sizeable gun battery in the real world........ so it becomes a point of real world accuracy in modeling inhibits game world playability
I believe it was either Spitfires, Thunderbolts, and Warm beer by Michael Cain or Thunderbolt! by Robert Johnson that spoke of a strafing mission against some German tanks and spoke of the tanks firing their main guns at the strafing planes.

Of course, it might be neither of them, as I do not have the passage in front of me.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
No. I just want plane & gv perfomance as accurately modeled as possible. And to answer an earlier question, just because some things still may nit be perfect, that's no reason to for further going for that kind of accuracy :)

like I said I dont argue the fact of historical modeling thats fine............ but you cant model players

and until you can then some things need to be left inaccurate to account for it.......... once again let me remind you it is a GAME

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
Drive a M16 then, turns and aims faster.
I believe it was either Spitfires, Thunderbolts, and Warm beer by Michael Cain or Thunderbolt! by Robert Johnson that spoke of a strafing mission against some German tanks and spoke of the tanks firing their main guns at the strafing planes.

Of course, it might be neither of them, as I do not have the passage in front of me.

Havent read either of those books....... but I would assume that neither lied and said there was actually a hit

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong. But didnt some German "eggtard" record something like 500 tank kills on the Russian front?

<cough>

Shame we don't have the same model of the Sturzkampfflugzeug that he did   :cry

<cough>
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »

You are correct.  Hans Rudel destroyed 519 Soviet tanks, 800 vehicles, 150 artillery guns, 2 cruisers, battleship, 70 landing craft, 4 armored trains, bridges, and shot down 9 Soviet aircraft.  Not bad for an 'eggtard'

B: not saying egging a GV never happened...... just that it was not as common a practice as in a game

When one pilot does it in real life 1,319 times, I would venture a very safe guess that it was far more common than you think it was.  Rudel was only one man, and if you total the number of sorties flown and number of ground vehicles destroyed by ground attack aircraft on the Eastern Front, you'll clearly see that it was pretty much an every day occurance and one of the major type of sorties flown on that front.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »

Yes Tralfz you are wrong, that German eggtard didn't record 500 kills he recorded about 2000 kills over a total of 2,530 mission. This German eggtard being none other than Hans-Ulrich Rudel. The most decorated serviceman of the war.

And Batch if one man alone flew 2,530 missions, I would dare say YOU are also wrong saying that it wasn't common practice. I know for a fact that early in the war the Stuka played a huge roll on the eastern front.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »

The turret speed change is a great one, made even better by unsyncing the IL2 37mms. Completely balanced and long needed changes IMO.

Exactly, the changes made were needed, not only for historical accuracy but also for the game play.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song