Author Topic: Pilot wound in GV's?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Pilot wound in GV's?
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
(The accuracy of the following statement is questionable as what I am about to describe happened in a PRE-coffee, early morning, before work sortie)

I could have sworn I received a pilot wound in an LVT this morning.

It was AWESOME.  (unless I'm the only one that has noticed this, if not, it's about time)

:noid

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Pilot wound in GV's?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
I think it CAN happen as PW is listed on the Damage List in gv's.  But I've never seen it either!  What happened to the driver's position?  Was there any blood?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:27:01 PM »
I've had a pilot wound in an M8 once. there was blood. Surprised me.
325th Checkertails

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
I got one once.  It is pretty bizarre...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »
Bizarre, indeed    :noid

It was 0530 hrs EDT.

I just thought I needed some coffee.    :D

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »
No blood in a jeep.
Strokes

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »
have had one several times....... and now that once again theyve catered to the "Im not good enough so I need the rules changed" crowd..... I expect to get them in WW more often
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
and now that once again theyve catered to the "Im not good enough so I need the rules changed" crowd.

In with way? You mean, adjusting the turret rotation speed to it's real-world historical and documented value?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »
have had one several times....... and now that once again theyve catered to the "Im not good enough so I need the rules changed" crowd..... I expect to get them in WW more often

What exactly did they change for you anyway?

I'm not aware of any rules changing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
making the turret rotation speed more accurate has very little to do with real world accuracy............ once again theres a very distinct line between "real world" and "game" just like there is no recorded instance in "real world" of a tank shooting a plane with its main gun........ planes didnt very often strafe to death WW or osti or any sizeable gun battery in the real world........ so it becomes a point of real world accuracy in modeling inhibits game world playability

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
making the turret rotation speed more accurate has very little to do with real world accuracy............

ok.. what if HTC introduces anothe early war plane... the He-111 or a D.520 for example. And for sake of playability and because it's "a game", it's getting a top speed 30% above it's documented historical value?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
No blood in a jeep.

That's only because you haven't  gone wheeling with me, yet.  It's not a good wheeling trip 'til you're covered in mud, blood and beer. :devil

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »
making the turret rotation speed more accurate has very little to do with real world accuracy............ once again theres a very distinct line between "real world" and "game" just like there is no recorded instance in "real world" of a tank shooting a plane with its main gun........ planes didnt very often strafe to death WW or osti or any sizeable gun battery in the real world........ so it becomes a point of real world accuracy in modeling inhibits game world playability

fixing the turret rotation to what it was historically documented as, does not in anyway inhibits the game play.  Those that have tried to claim otherwise have yet to provide any fact to back up the assertion that it has a negative impact on the game play.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:17:21 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »

ok.. what if HTC introduces anothe early war plane... the He-111 or a D.520 for example. And for sake of playability and because it's "a game", it's getting a top speed 30% above it's documented historical value?

so then your contention would be that there is nothing intentionally done in AH that is not historically accurate to enhance gameplay?

fixing the turret rotation to what it was historically documented as does not in anyway inhibits the game play.  Those that have tried to claim otherwise have yet to provide any fact to back up the assertion that it has a negative impact on the game play.
ack-ack

now takes 2 guys from even a 90° difference in approach 1 bullet to easily disable a WW........ without even being well coordinated ...... major difference in gameplay

the point is GVs have a hard enough time as it is dealing with the eggtards (point out for Lusche: also not nearly realistic "historically accurate")........ without having to also not be able to defend themselves from strafers (for lusche also  NON realistic "historically accurate")

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong. But didnt some German "eggtard" record something like 500 tank kills on the Russian front?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz