Author Topic: Film of my kills in my Wirbelwind  (Read 1169 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Film of my kills in my Wirbelwind
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:42:43 PM »
yeah...I tried the search feature...  I'm not exactly a compooter wiz though...

is there a way to change/convert the stock file type of films into something that is playable in WMP or Real Player?

tanks(sic)  in advance.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: Film of my kills in my Wirbelwind
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 01:47:29 PM »
May i ask out of respect:

What is your conflict with HTC putting the wirb back into it's place? It was clearly overpowered to begin with.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
May i ask out of respect:

What is your conflict with HTC putting the wirb back into it's place? It was clearly overpowered to begin with.

Because he stated that previous to the change it was very easy for him to get a lot of kills in the flak panzie but not anymore since the change.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
Oh dear.  :rolleyes:

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
I still dig it..........I have no personal beef.

I just think...from a new revenue perspective....it's a liability for them...which I talked about in the other threads.  marketing....of sorts...is what I do......so I tend to relate things to business in that regard.

now.........how about that file conversion?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:55:32 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Because he stated that previous to the change it was very easy for new kids in their two week free look to get a lot of kills in the flak panzie but not anymore since the change.

ack-ack

fixed it for ya

I'm here to help.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
You might install something like FRAPs and run it during battles. It creates huge .avi files and then they can be made into a .wmv movie.
Converting to .wmv from FRAPS is limited to a 720xXXX size window with Windows Movie Maker but FRAPS records at what ever size you have your resolution set. Hope that helps. FRAPS is available http://www.fraps.com See the Films and Screenshot Forums for more on that.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
you rock........thanks pal.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »
I just think...from a new revenue perspective....it's a liability for them...which I talked about in the other threads.  marketing....of sorts...is what I do......so I tend to relate things to business in that regard.

I mean seriously here...your marketing ideology is so gilligan like, it's not funny...if you were dumb enough to make the outrageous claim that you came to AH looking to play with a wirbelwind online in a WWII flight simulator...there is no way anyone could prevent themselves from calling you a liar. I'm even willing to bet you didn't know what the wirbelwind was until you found AH.

How you can even insinuate that the wirbelwind as it sits right now in a flight sim is a revenue liability is beyond even roger rabbit toonville silliness. Please explain sir world war 2 flight sim marketing genius how more realistic settings on a wirbelwind is any kind of liability...and yeah I've read your other statements hoping you would get the clue from someone else...but obviously that was too much to hope for.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »
What gyene said, in spades, and in addition to the above.

If you DID come to AH to jump into a Wirblewind, odds are about 99 to 1 that you would prefer the one that is most historically accurate, not the one that we used to have. In short you'd be happier now than before.

The only people crying over spilled milk here are the ones that needed the unfair advantage that the wirble turret used to give.

And to those I remind you, that your lucky HT didn't decide to include a cap on rounds fired without a reload pause.  As they could not hose rounds indefinitely.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »
...if you were dumb enough to make the outrageous claim that you came to AH looking to play with a wirbelwind online in a WWII flight simulator...

who said that?

seriously.......what is it with you mooks.......and your reading comprehension issues?

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 05:15:44 PM »
What gyene said, in spades,

:snicker:  indeed.

If you DID come to AH to jump into a Wirblewind..

you seem to have the same issue as some of your pals here. 

read more...post less

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
I don't have a problem with reading comprehension, you however obviously do. Amazing how you have yet to show how a wirbelwind in a flight sim is a "financial liability". Which is exactly what you claimed:

Please enlighten us oh master of marketing genius.

perhaps 1 in one thousand.....

this isn't about how or why they come here......this is about less of them leaving after two weeks.

What I see you saying is that new people are leaving after 2 weeks because the wirbelwind isn't what you think it should be...got any actual data to back that up? Nothing so far...and multiple posts making the same claims.

Perhaps I should ask you in that other wirbelwind thread you posted?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:24:58 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
when you start off your posts with misinformation  ....I lose interest in anything else you have to say.  isn't that AK AKs internet 101 game?

additionally: if you can't get how making elements of the game harder for newbies during their free look .... can turn into less new customers......you're hopeless.

relax man....it's just font.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
when you start off your posts with misinformation  ....I lose interest in anything else you have to say.  isn't that AK AKs internet 101 game?

additionally: if you can't get how making elements of the game harder for newbies during their free look .... can turn into less new customers......you're hopeless.

relax man....it's just font.

What misinformation did I post?  Everything I posted about Hans Rude's war time record is accurate and very easy to verify through a myriad of independent resources.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song