Author Topic: game dynamic changed  (Read 4931 times)

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
Re: game dynamic changed
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »

Did you have the same concern when the Wirbel was introduced in tour 98 and did instantly had a massive impact on gameplay? (A much greater change than the one than we have now with a simple reduction of turret rotation speed, while firepower stays the same)

for me wirb added to the game wether you were in one or fighting one, historical accuracy in this game is hit or miss at best (outside of the flight model) so slowing turret speed in my opinion was for gaming reasons

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
HTC should take out the GVs and fill the slots with the rest of the P-38 variants.

Lol. Yeap, that or some other planes that AH2 is lacking.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »
Go fill your bathtub...get completely undressed...then sit in the water and look down...there's your submarine.

lol
Strokes

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 07:35:52 PM »
for me wirb added to the game wether you were in one or fighting one, historical accuracy in this game is hit or miss at best (outside of the flight model) so slowing turret speed in my opinion was for gaming reasons

If you think THAT was for gaming reasons, I can't wait to hear you squeal
when they actually make the crews reload  :t
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »
Thank goodness I don't rely on ground vehicles to make a flight sim fun...  :aok

Go fill your bathtub...get completely undressed...then sit in the water and look down...there's your submarine.

I love this argument.  Never have seen where this game was called by the creators as a Flight Simulator.  I always have heard it called a game of WWII Combat Experience.    :lol

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
give us submarines and I'll stop posting here.

we alll live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, we all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine......

:noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
I love this argument.  Never have seen where this game was called by the creators as a Flight Simulator.  I always have heard it called a game of WWII Combat Experience.    :lol

Fred

(Image removed from quote.)

From AHWiki

Aces High II is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war.

The GVs are a wart on an otherwise great flight sim. They pretty much serve the same purpose as power chairs at a Wal-Mart. They're in the way and most people using them don't need them they're just too lazy not to. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »
HTC should take out the GVs and fill the slots with the rest of the P-38 variants.

finally, the voice of reason  :salute
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
From AHWiki

Aces High II is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war.

The GVs are a wart on an otherwise great flight sim. They pretty much serve the same purpose as power chairs at a Wal-Mart. They're in the way and most people using them don't need them they're just too lazy not to. ;)

Went and looked at AHWiki to check it out.  If I'm reading correctly the page where you pulled the quote from was created by a player not a staff member of HTC.  I think I'll stay with the front page since I know that it is coming directly from HTC.    :D

As for the GV's being a "wart" to the game, I find them kind of fun when I get bored of flying.  My preference is flying, but at times I get bored and GVing is a way to break it up a bit.

Have no idea what you are talking about concerning the "power chairs".  

:salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »

I tried that but all I had was a Japanese mini sub like they sent into Pearl Harbor.  I want a Gato class sub so I can be uber!

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
this thread is CHOCK FULL of win, baby!

Fight the old stale bulletin board hierarchy   ........ham and eggers UNITE!!!  this is OUR board!!!

let them eat cake........... we want our game back.

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »
well,had a bit of fun blowing up gv's with my jug, seen a lot more than 2 or 3 defending v bases now. Looks like ordinance is the new king of AH (puts wirbel and ostie back in the box)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
 My preference is flying, but at times I get bored and GVing is a way to break it up a bit.

Just messing with ya. I do the same thing but get bored fast in a GV.
 :aok

Have no idea what you are talking about concerning the "power chairs".  

If you haven't seen the people that use the store provided powerchairs at a Wal-Mart  you don't want to know believe me.  :lol
Rarely do see somebody who is handicapped using one it's usually some person 25-45 years of age weighing about 300 lbs too lazy to walk.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »

Just messing with ya. I do the same thing but get bored fast in a GV.
 :aok

If you haven't seen the people that use the store provided powerchairs at a Wal-Mart  you don't want to know believe me.  :lol
Rarely do see somebody who is handicapped using one it's usually some person 25-45 years of age weighing about 300 lbs too lazy to walk.

Know what your talking about now.  Guess I need to spend more time in a WalMart.   :lol

Fred

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 09:48:49 PM »
Know what your talking about now.  Guess I need to spend more time in a WalMart.   :lol

Fred

I'd shoot for less time myself. :D