Author Topic: game dynamic changed  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: game dynamic changed
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »
HTC should take out the GVs and fill the slots with the rest of the P-38 variants.

I'd start my account back up if they ditched the GV's. It's not why I quit but it would be a damn good reason to come back.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 09:52:08 PM »
Yeah, but your low and slow furball will still be easy pickings for the incessent picking, alt hugging, scorebois in their punkstangs, Tempies etc.

So now you'll just be having a nice fight only to get whacked by a spraying alt monkey scoreboi.

Whats the difference??

I don't care that they "fixed" the Wirbles.

They never gave me a problem and were relatively easy to kill.

I found out ways to kil them, but I normally drop my bombs within 1K (normally 600) in a 234 so they get a nice shot on me...luckily I didn't run into them often a couple tours ago. I think now the wirble is a little less deadly to the common crowd, the guys who are trying to bomb them can get killed, but guys who are zooming by them at high speeds actually have a chance and don't have the warp on demand turret rotation like it used to.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 09:52:38 PM »
It's not why I quit

No one ask please.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 10:14:46 PM »
I'd start my account back up if they ditched the GV's. It's not why I quit but it would be a damn good reason to come back.

why did you quit?

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »
 It would seem as if HTC and staff are working on changing things around a bit or doing some remodeling . I'm very sure they know whats up with things and I'm cool with it . Times change and life goes on , its all good .

Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
why did you quit?
someone get this guy a submarine
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 12:33:08 AM »
Anyone else notice that all the whining has been about the corrected Wirblewind turret, and NOT the correctly de-synchronized 37mm on the Il-2? In fact I've seen more "flak" in the first few days since the turret speed was reduced than ANY GAMEPLAY MECHANIC CHANGE I can remember since I first started flying.

And that includes the Arena Splits, linked base capture, etc...
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 12:39:04 AM »
If people find themselves unable to kill with the wirb/osty combination anymore then instead of flooding the field / vbase with anti air they ACTUALLY god forbide get in a plane and take off and attempt to fight  :D  that has to be a good thing.

Whilst I sympathise with fields getting vulched or capped,  players / squads that opt for the horde style mission approach and sometimes rolling a wirbel was the only way of killing many people quickly.

any way it is aces high not GV's low, so it shouldn't effect the game dynamic at all   :P

Been using the T34 as anti air craft for base attack recently, that is realistic  :)  :rolleyes:  Players seem to prefer flying straight down the main gun barrel.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 12:59:30 AM »
Maybe its just me then , but im finding it easier to kill planes now.......They all think they can dive right in on you... With a little SA its actually easier now..
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
I agree with the OP... It was easy to pork the tankers before, now its revoltingly easy..
IMO, Definately going the wrong direction, gameplay wise...

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »
I have no problem with them removing all gvs. Don't need the dirt farmers either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 01:51:50 AM »
I have no problem with them removing all gvs. Don't need the dirt farmers either.

QFT  :aok
Deviant

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 02:20:13 AM »
Definately going the wrong direction, gameplay wise...

Hmm...Even if its the right direction in historical accuracy?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 02:44:59 AM »
Hmm...Even if its the right direction in historical accuracy?

Been down the reality vs gameplay thread before, hmmm, tough question... Dive bombin vs Flaks...
I've seen good info that says the traverse rates were too high in game, so there is no real point debating that... But slowing them down has had the effect, that I knew it would... More realistic? Yes.. But there needs to be some more realism added on the Air side as well....

Dump the GV icons visible from the air, enemy and friendly!!! That way you would need to double check by radio, before lettin rip with the cannon(s), or slingin bombs... Turn off killshooter for air vs gv as well...
That would be added realism for ya...   "Don't bomb me Bro!!!"

Give the GV's deployable cammo nets that can obviate their type and shape on the ground!!! That way a pilot won't quite know whats under that cammo net... He might get a snout full of 20 or 37mm, from a crafty gunner who holds his fire...  Ah, the risks of waging war, LOL!!!

Realism is good, as long as it cuts both ways.. That would even things out again, mostly!!!

RC
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:19:25 AM by RipChord929 »
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 03:26:43 AM »
Problem is it is too easy to spot enemy gv's from air with fat neon signs hanging there .
Can can easily be solved by lower icon ranges when looking from an aeroplane to GV's . That makes the tracking time shorter and gv's less vulnerable to  planes.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera