Author Topic: game dynamic changed  (Read 4917 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: game dynamic changed
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
Its a game folks. There are a number of things that have changed in the years I've been here. Some by HTC, some by the players themselves. The one constant is the player base WILL adapt. Sometimes a change like this will bring out some new dweebery, other times it will make the game a much more fun experience as the players adjust.

Did this statement come from the Fugitive I love to argue with?     :lol 

Well said!!!!   :aok

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
I can't believe the Wirb is making this much waves on the forum.  The change is not that big of a deal, I still got kills with it.  Hell if they did the 20 rounds per gun before they reloaded bit it wouldn't be all that bad either.  Just shoot the primary 2, while reloading shoot the other 2, etc. etc..  I am a person that is all about getting things as historically accurate as possible, I love the thought that my tactics here MIGHT have worked in real life.

It's not going to get changed back-- ever, so learn to adapt fellas.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »
1. The equipment in the game must be modeled accurately. To do something else is to make this game a joke and is asinine. There are a whole lot more AA options out there, and I hope we'll see them along with more vehicles in the future.

2. The complaint about icons just doesn't work. No one has yet explained why it would be realistic to be able to spot an aircraft with a 30 foot wingspan at 6,000 yards but be unable to spot a 30 ton tank at 6000 feet.

3. The only thing more asinine than some of the complaints I'm hearing about making the equipment accurate are some of the remarks from the "anti-GV" peanut gallery. They ought to be ashamed...doesn't matter whether it is your "thing" or not, the ground game adds something no other flight sim has, allows pilots to fly in the CAS role if they so desire. A more in-depth ground game, which the competition does not have btw, can not do anything but help HTC win customers.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »
Went and looked at AHWiki to check it out.  If I'm reading correctly the page where you pulled the quote from was created by a player not a staff member of HTC.  I think I'll stay with the front page since I know that it is coming directly from HTC.    :D

Hi there, Fred. :)

FYI, the AHWiki is hosted by Hitech Creations. If if were that in accurate...it wouldn't be there.  :salute

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »
Im a RL tanker since -79 , and I have a pilot licence since -92

I was worried about attack aircraft when in my tank, talked with their pilots , they say if you are camo'ed they have a real hard time finding u - if not moving in an open field. -chopper are different though, they changed the way how you fight in tanks totally.

Anything moving in the open would be spotted as a moving object , not a sign saying its a t34 @distance xx

Anything moving in woods, towns, should be really really hard to spot and not be id'ed easy,

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
The 1.5K distance which fliers have a GV icon is 4,500 feet. IOW, they have to be messing around at chopper-esque low altitudes to even have a prayer of getting the icons. A sedan is easily distinguisable from a truck at that distance...you can even tell the convertibles...are you telling me there would be no telling a Tiger from a Sherman? Especially since this is the same "pilot" that can obstensibly spot a tiny Brewster 18,000 feet or 3.4 statute miles away?

Airplanes don't ruin GVing anyway. Spawn camping and certain frustrations with the GVing setup come alot closer to doing that.

Im a RL tanker since -79 , and I have a pilot licence since -92

I was worried about attack aircraft when in my tank, talked with their pilots , they say if you are camo'ed they have a real hard time finding u - if not moving in an open field. -chopper are different though, they changed the way how you fight in tanks totally.

Anything moving in the open would be spotted as a moving object , not a sign saying its a t34 @distance xx

Anything moving in woods, towns, should be really really hard to spot and not be id'ed easy,

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »
Hi there, Fred. :)

FYI, the AHWiki is hosted by Hitech Creations. If if were that in accurate...it wouldn't be there.  :salute

How ya doing NB.

I know its hosted by them, but is it written by them?  In other words does the content of AHwiki reflect the opinions of HTC?

My argument is the AHwiki is in conflict with their web page.  So which is true, is it a Flight Simulator or not?  For the sake of argument I believe it is mostly a Flight Simulator, but you really can't have it both ways, at least not in my opinion.  Sorry had to put the opinion part in bold, some have trouble seeing it.  :D

:salute

Fred

Need to get you on the phone again, time for another good debate.    :lol

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »

I don't know about you, but I can spot a really hot sheep sashaying her fluffy hips from 10 miles away.

I don't care if they're hiding in the woods, towns, or under the bed.

I find them.

Its a gift.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »
Did this statement come from the Fugitive I love to argue with?     :lol 

Well said!!!!   :aok

Fred

EVERYTHING I say is well said, you just don't agree with most of it  :devil

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
I don't know about you, but I can spot a really hot sheep sashaying her fluffy hips from 10 miles away.

I don't care if they're hiding in the woods, towns, or under the bed.

I find them.

Its a gift.

your a sick sick man. And I really respect that.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
EVERYTHING I say is well said, you just don't agree with most of it  :devil

The Fugitive I know is back.  I have to disagree with you on that.   :D

Fred

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
Guys would enjoy this game more if they forgot about scores. I just spent about 30 mins in the new PT. I got shot to pieces but had a riot. Wonderful job on the PTs.

The game is simply getting better all the time. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »
Do they? Or are you confusing player opinions (we don't need it, only XXX made) with HTC statements? You have an example?

Yeah. I asked about the M12 155mm "long tom" in one of the artillery threads and someone sent me a personal message saying it wouldn't get added because only around 200 were made.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
Just my thoughts.....

I can see both sides of the argument and there is no happy medium imho...

First off let me shock most folks by saying that I wish there was no such thing as base taking...but i understand the need for there to be something to encourage people to fight.

That being said...why do people congregate to tank town when there is nothing there to "win"???

It's because there are many people who like to find fights and like enjoying the GV modeling HTC has provided them...

Sooo lets weigh in on "historical accuracy" etc...I like historical accuracy as long as it still allows good gameplay...

While the whirbles turret may have spinning a wee bit fast...its introduction into the game allowed folks like me to offset the "historically accurate"  suicide lancs/b17s/il2's/b25s who could be at my position in a heartbeat (with infinite reupping)while it took me ten minutes to drive there...even now I can easily defend a base against mutliple gvs with a buddy and il2s

I guess my point is that there are so many historically inaccurate means to defeat GVs and their attacks...lets not use the concept of "historical accuracy" to handcuff them.  Since the introduction of whirbies I have seen dramatically less vulching and I think that was definitely an issue we all wanted to see addressed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:02:55 AM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »
i think, that if you look back to when you were new to the game, you'll find that it's not so much the game or its dynamics that have changed, but rather you, or your outlook that has changed.

as we get to know more about things, we view them differently.

look at the guys that insist that every time an enemy warps, he must be cablepulling? the truth of that is that some have systems that simply cannot handle the extra information transfer when multiple enemies get close to him. hence, his computer drops some packets, and he warps.

the game is fine as it is.

i talked to a friend today, that has talked to others, and tried different flight sims......but he doesn't log to any, as most of his time is on the road.
 his opinion was that AH is the best out there. he also feels that the flight characteristics are modeled very well too.

just my 20 cents(inflation) :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)