Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
My opinion:
If it's burning and flying, it's a threat. It's alive and flying, I'll shoot it. Too many times have people said "That zeke is dead, that IL2 is dead" and the burning sucker ends up on my tail and kills me. If it's missing a wing it is no threat.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
My opinion:
If it's burning and flying, it's a threat. It's alive and flying, I'll shoot it. Too many times have people said "That zeke is dead, that IL2 is dead" and the burning sucker ends up on my tail and kills me. If it's missing a wing it is no threat.

One would think you'd notice something marked by a huge fireball closing on your six.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
This brings on a different question.

Around two weeks ago I was flying with a bunch of green around me and came upon a red 109 g4. I was of course in -> _ _ _ _    _ _. Those of you who know me can fill those blanks in without a problem ;)
I underestimated the 109 on the merge, and thinking I'm so good and what not pulled a really crappy merge. Needless to say I was very soon in trouble and was forced onto the defensive, something which I suck at. I was thinking 'Man this is so fun, this guy actually knows what hes doing!'. Do you know the feeling when your fighting a very good stick, and you know you've messed up so you just want the guy to finish you off and give him the kill for a job well done all the time your on the defensive?
So needless to say, I was doing what I thought would be my last manouver when I hear tracers then something blowing up. It was a green guy ' coming to save me ', when i never asked him to.
Needless to say I got pissed off and apologized to the guy who I was fighting. I know how that feels.

Are you wrong to get mad at the guy who came in to save you, presumably with the very best of intentions?
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2009, 06:11:02 PM »
..I agree that most occasions with most people it's a mistake - keep in mind there is an issue here also that is affected by the size of your monitor.

A missing tail or a partial wing loss that someone can easily see with a 32" monitor at 1000 yards may take someone with a 17" screen at least 400 yards or less to see clearly and they may have been firing at 600yds.

cheers eh!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
One would think you'd notice something marked by a huge fireball closing on your six.

Thought it was this guy:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »
This brings on a different question.

Was it one person who swooped in?, did you ask for others to stay out?.... In a situation like this I would usually ask before entering to take out the red guy ( red guy just entered the area at the wrong time)....sometimes I have had no answer and gone in and got told what a sap I am for doing so. If I get into a fight and want to keep it 1 v 1 I will tell all on vox around me. of course that's not to say somebody who was just out of range pops in but then I am watching the green to ensure my request is being fulfilled, if it is not I will quite often (especially if it is somebody I know was in Vox range) pull out of the fight and let said red guy deal with that threat and re engage the fight after...if he is still there that is.

As a red guy in that situation I would myself be expecting the others to join in and use my SA accordingly. You can soon tell if you are going to be left 1 v 1 or not. It does get annoying when you get a whole string of guys in on you but that's how it goes I suppose and in those situations I take it low and try make some of them hit the deck before I die......

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
Yup announce on vox to please stay clear most will.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »
 :cry

:rofl
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:35 PM »
:cry

:rofl

Last time I saw an image like the one depicted in your avatar, it was on the conning tower of a movie prop Type VII U-Boat - and might've sported a different color.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2009, 02:32:21 PM »
I don't concur......and I've been here almost 2 years.

honestly.........I think it's a common whine vets use when it happenes.....for obvious reasons.

Its war......that's how I treat it.

So after you died the first time you quit playing?  Cause if it's war, you only get one life :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »
I have not flown in a long time.

Even when i do i dont get a lot of kills.

I once got accused of kill stealing by a now exsquaddie whom i really respect because i see him as a fair and honerable man.

At the time it was just another target in my sights, perhaps my end had not updated, perhaps i did not see the damage I dont know...

No matter what you do at somepoint someone will accuse you of kill stealing warrented or not

The only person who is gonna know the truth is you.

Its a game play fair and have fun...   

>

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »
We steal corky/guppy's kills off his six all the time......................... ...........................

The whole time he is..."I got'em I got'em...... only 15 more turns....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »
We steal corky/guppy's kills off his six all the time......................... ...........................

The whole time he is..."I got'em I got'em...... only 15 more turns....
15? HA!
hell, by then he's on fire crashing in to things.
I know he's your CO, but be honest here.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »
ok he says 13 but I rounded up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »
See Rule #10
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:01:37 AM by Skuzzy »