Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
See Rule #10
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:01:59 AM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »
Actually with the new damage model I doubt this is that big of issue anymore. Usually if you land good solid hits removing parts or causing oil coolant or fuel leaks you'll get the kill. If you set a plane on fire now they don't last near as long as they used to.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »

If I was the OP I would have shot the pony. Just because it was missing its elevators doesn't mean its down. Iv flown back 25-50 miles and landed successfully many times with no elevators. IMO a plane isn't down unless its missing a whole wing, the whole tail, or in flames anything other then that I'm squeezing the trigger.

The last time I "yielded" to a guy who barked out "it's dead...leave it alone".... I turned hard right to avoid it as a favor to the "killer".....and the "killee" (dead plane) shot me down.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »
I try not to steal any kills but it happens sometimes. If someone is having difficult time with someone or couple of planes, I will come and help (when requested if its 1vs1) and sometimes I will just try to get few rounds into the baddie to secure a kill for one of my countrymen even though sometimes I get credit for the kill. I usually apologize for it but still, feel kind of selfish when it happens.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »
wondering how many times those of us here also were told "leave him..he's dead".......so we do.......and said dead aircraft shoots you in the face.

It pisses me off.......but I figure it's common courtesy.

Well i can say it happened to me earlier today.    :furious
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »

The last time I "yielded" to a guy who barked out "it's dead...leave it alone".... I turned hard right to avoid it as a favor to the "killer".....and the "killee" (dead plane) shot me down.

That's why I don't break off a plane unless I'm positive its going down no matter how much someone is crying.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:04:25 PM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
 :headscratch: they remade the damage model so as to stop kill stealing... :lol
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2010, 01:10:34 PM »
I'm Bumping this because I think it's one of the best threads ever made here.....and it always seems to bring up impassioned responses.  would dig hearing some others chime in on this who have not participated...and/or from any of you who may have changed your mind since your original responses.

Congradulations for getting a thread locked.  Guess it's too hard to start a new thread and linking it to the old thread.

Actually, it's still not too late.

IN

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
Congradulations for getting a thread locked.  Guess it's too hard to start a new thread and linking it to the old thread.

Actually, it's still not too late.

IN

wrongway

I wasn't aware that goes on here.  and...why should it?  why post a new thread when I would rather bump the original and show due props to the the originator?

the NFL board I belong to deletes new threads that are replica's of old threads...I guess I'm used to that.  

additionally...I asked if anyone who posted in this thread had subsequently changed their opinions.

btw....in consideration of your above styled comment.......it sounds a lot more like "skuzzy...please lock this thread".  more and more you are reminding me of the kids I used to shove into their lockers back in jr high.  good work.

***  if you have not sent skuzzy a message yet...... include this one as well.  yet another great thread I bumped (May 18th) that you will hate because it's still going strong:  

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,266749.45.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:04:41 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2010, 02:07:37 PM »
I wasn't aware that goes on here.  and...why should it?  why post a new thread when I would rather bump the original and show due props to the the originator?

the NFL board I belong to deletes new threads that are replica's of old threads...I guess I'm used to that. 

additionally...I asked if anyone who posted in this thread had subsequently changed their opinions.

btw....in consideration of your above styled comment.......it sounds a lot more like "skuzzy...please lock this thread".  more and more you are reminding me of the kids I used to shove into their lockers back in jr high.  good work.

THere's a Sticky in each forum Forum Posting Rules - All users read!

10- Do not punt topics. Punting would be making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list.

Of course, you did make a substantive post, sort of.

And rule 10 has always seemed to me to contradict:

3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

Maybe seven months ago isn't considered "current".

Just a heads up.

5- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If you feel a post violates the forum rules, the use the "Report to Moderator" link in the post to report it.

wrongway
Nooooo, not the locker....
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
thank you babygirl...

let skuzzy know about this one too: (I bumped it on May 18)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,266749.45.html

your dedication is awesome.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
Just stating a fact here zeta that there's a difference between an already pointless thread that everyone loves and bumping a topic that has an already moot point... HTC redid the damage model to stop kill stealing...

although i gotta say wrongway that you kinda contradicted your statement of rule 5 by stating rule 5 (in addition to 10 and 3) :headscratch: :lol
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
The real question here is why do you fly...

Fly a few fights where the moment you "win" you let the guy go (if he's still got enough plane left to control). Just give him a "fun fight <S>" <--"Plane type" and go about your business....

Then decide how you feel about it later. Does how you feel about the fights matter most....or what the text buffer says when you land. Now the flip side in all fairness is I've flown the vulchematic express and nursed the puppy home with  1/2 of it missing just so I could land my pelts. both can have merit, as a general rule the only time I ever consider "swooping a cripple" is if someone calls it as down that I don't like....then I go shoot it.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
Just stating a fact here zeta that there's a difference between an already pointless thread that everyone loves and bumping a topic that has an already moot point... HTC redid the damage model to stop kill stealing...

:headscratch: :lol

understood........but that has not stopped many cats here from 'calling out ..he's dead...or he's mine..or leave him alone"... I was just looking at the broader scope of the debate at hand.