Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5730 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »

although i gotta say wrongway that you kinda contradicted your statement of rule 5 by stating rule 5 (in addition to 10 and 3) :headscratch: :lol

Yeah, I know.

:eek:  :aok

Everyone loves a hypocrite.   ;)

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »
Since the BUMP has occurred here, I just want to rescind the comments I made 9 months ago!!!  Since changes have been made that is!   :aok

A burning bomber is really the only time I get upset with thieves..........  Especially if it's not over target.  You have a 24 burning up, 2 still fine, and the newb comes and starts raking into the flamer.  WTF?

A fighter that's on fire can still kill me and my friends......... I say that is fair game.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:13:20 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »
good on you, sir.  well done.

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
While I was flying AH I always called off other friendly planes when I saw it was burning ( bombers mostly) so the guy could have his kill. I my self a few times stole a kill accidentlly when I fired at range 400 meters out in a high G turn not seeing the other guy hidden by my wings. I heard his dismay and I said I was sorry I didn't see you. If you say your sorry that may be the end of it most times but there are some out there that just plain don't care and will reply I don't see your name on it so I kill it. I have had several taken from me and I just say oh man lost another kill but all in all I landed my share of kills in the past. You just have to keep your head up and eyes out and shoot straight the kills will come in due time.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
The only problem I have with kill steals is when the plane is burning or is missing wing/tails, in other words if it is falling to the ground and some dweeblet decides to steal it, yea I get mad.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
The only problem I have with kill steals is when the plane is burning or is missing wing/tails, in other words if it is falling to the ground and some dweeblet decides to steal it, yea I get mad.

-BigBOBCH

As it's been said before, this entire thread is a moot point with the new changes.  If you shoot a wing off, that bugger can empty all his guns into the plane and not get a kill.  Damage stops being added to the plane once a major component is removed.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »
Hit them in the right spot and there won't be anything left to steal.  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.  Now it stops counting damage towards the kill once certain kinds of damage is done.  Say, missing a wing or a tail and the sort.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.  Now it stops counting damage towards the kill once certain kinds of damage is done.  Say, missing a wing or a tail and the sort.

This. ^

The only way you can "steal" a kill anymore is usually hitting birds with half a wing, as it still keeps counting damage and you can load a ton into the main canopy and it usually soaks up more damage then what half a wing is worth.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.  Now it stops counting damage towards the kill once certain kinds of damage is done.  Say, missing a wing or a tail and the sort.

HiTech<- holds finger to lips. Shhhh you may give away the secret that HTC listens to customers needs.

HiTech

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
understood........but that has not stopped many cats here from 'calling out ..he's dead...or he's mine..or leave him alone"... I was just looking at the broader scope of the debate at hand.
when i call out he's dead i call it out due to the fact i want the others to know an enemy is downed and they do not need to look for it... the he's mine i call out when i know i can handle the fight i'm engaged in and the others can fight more necessary targets to create an efficient and effective fighter force in the air at the time... the leave him alone i call out when the enemy put a good fight up and was rtb or ditching to save score and dignity or on the rare occasion that someone chooses to check my 12 o clock target when i have 5 on MY 6 :furious :furious :furious ...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
when i call out he's dead i call it out due to the fact i want the others to know an enemy is downed and they do not need to look for it...

That broken sentence is a good point I think Zeta might not quite understand.  As I approach 2 years on Aces High, I can tell my SA is drastically improving, I can understand where multiple cons are at and where they might be next. So, it's nice if there are some other friendlies around to call out information, including if the plane has gone down.

Calling out "KI down" is a lot different than calling out "HE'S DOWN HE'S DOWN, DON'T SHOOT HIM"
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »
just ask before you jump in. folks seem to forget that we're all in different stages of experience levels. some guys want the help, others do not. just ask your fellow countryman if he needs a hand. :salute

this is the only way to go  :aok

froger
frogs are people too

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:33 AM »
I still believe that a kill cannot be stolen. Its built into the coad.  I have checked the message buffer and it has never said that a kill was stolen from me.  I will ask if its a 1v1 if help is needed, if and only if i am 3k or more away.  if i am flying around and i see a red plane being chased by somebody else less than 2k away, i will shoot.  way too many times, i have been shot down by somebody that said " i got it handled and the dang con turns around and catches me unaware.  post all you want about how it should be/could be done.  seen lots of people that always complain about somebody else stealing his/her kill, and they in turn will do the same thing.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:03 AM »
There is no such thing as kill stealing. It's called perk point redistribution.