Author Topic: yak 9u  (Read 3387 times)

Offline df54

• Copper Member
yak 9u
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »

is it me or is the yak9u one of the worst performing of the late war planes compared to the other late war planes.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: yak 9u
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 09:01:42 PM »
IMO quite the oppistie, turns good, OK guns, fast, climbs well, accelerates fast.  :D
Strokes

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:17:42 AM »

is it me or is the yak9u one of the worst performing of the late war planes compared to the other late war planes.
It's just you. The Yak turns well, climbs like a rocket, has a great gun package, and goes FAST. Are you sure that you don't suck? It does take a lot more practice to fly well than it does a Spit, or it does to pick in a P-51.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 01:06:27 AM »

It's definitely you... The Yak 9u has few weaknesses. Duration is not its strong point, and i find the cannons not as effective as hispanos, but apart from that its a very capable aircraft!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »
The lack of WEP is disorienting you. As many have said before me, "Yak WEP is always on".

It's true. The Yak is quite simply a beast compared to the rest of the planeset. Know how to fly it, and you'll have few difficulties gaining advantages during fights. Now, converting with the gun package/being satisfied with the ammo count is another beast. Talk to Chanzz.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 03:21:55 AM »
plus it's a very small target.....
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 03:37:55 AM »
A sqauddie Wrongway is pretty damn good in the yak, you should ask him for some duels. Other guys who spring to mind are SEbongo or Chanzz or Fariz (sorry if i forgot anyone)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »
Wep is on full time, don't have to worry about it running out.

Guns are very good if your close. Shoot from 150 - 250, its nimble enough to get in very close. At close ranges the guns are almost as good as Hispano's and very effective.

Spit 16's are the yak's biggest threat, as it does everything the Yak does.

Yaks strongest suit is in the vertical, if your not using it you won't be happy with the results.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »
Yaks are one of the planes that give me alot of problems when I encounter them, and mostly some good sticks are behind the stick off them which can give me a little more of a problem.

and them being such a small target is also a pita :D
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:12 AM »
Spit 16's are the yak's biggest threat, as it does everything the Yak does.

QFT.  Any perception of the Yak as incapable is likely due to the % of XVIs in the arenas that, save for level top speed, do everything the Yak does, only better.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:04:56 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline df54

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
   Anaxogoras hit the nail right on the head. in my origonal post i thought i made it clear i was speaking of
 comparitive performance to other late war planes  also while others feel that lack of wep is a plus i feel that
 no wep is a severe limitation(acceleration) as is lack of combat flaps. been flying yak for at least a year and i could make a list of its limitations. have read widewings articles on yak and my impressions agree with his(low speed handling) i fly it only because of its excellent views and level speed. as far as other qualities a
capable fighter should have i feel it falls way short(once again compared to other late war fighters). there is a reason for everything and there is a reason  and a reason why you see so few of them at least in the DA.

da 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:51:35 AM by df54 »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:42 AM »
9U is a stone cold killer.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »
  Anaxogoras hit the nail right on the head. in my origonal post i thought i made it clear i was speaking of
 comparitive performance to other late war planes  also while others feel that lack of wep is a plus i feel that
 no wep is a severe limitation(acceleration) as is lack of combat flaps. been flying yak for at least a year and i could make a list of its limitations. have read widewings articles on yak and my impressions agree with his(low speed handling) i fly it only because of its excellent views and level speed. as far as other qualities a
capable fighter should have i feel it falls way short(once again compared to other late war fighters). there is a reason for everything and there is a reason  and a reason why you see so few of them at least in the DA.

da 

In the DA you see the super uber planes mostly because most of the clowns in there can't kill with out screaming in and picking anyway. Should you use the yak to do this you would have to RTB to often due to the light clip it has.

However in the MA a decent player can dominate with the yak in most situations against even the other late war monsters.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
 no wep is a severe limitation(acceleration)

Read this:
Wep is on full time, don't have to worry about it running out.
Also, when I flew it in the MA a while back, I felt that it was a well performing plane. Also, that gun package? Very dangerous to be shot at by, but really teaches ammo conservation.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline df54

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 04:03:16 PM »
   that very dangerous gun package takes a while to line up for a kill. since the ammo load is so weak i usually
get nailed just lining up a shot(cant just pray and spray). another yak weakness.