Author Topic: Updated ENY values for Planes  (Read 5964 times)

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
Re: Updated ENY values for Planes
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 09:53:35 AM »
While the Pee-51D may not be worthy of ENY 5 from a pure A2A perspective, as soon as you take A2G into the equation, things change dramatically. Basically there is no other plane that can haul 2000 lbs of ords to the target faster and get out almost unmolested due to its speed.

The La7 may be a better fighter (at ow to medium alts), but it's almost useless in A2G.
The N1K may be as good as the D-Pony in A2G, but it's a 325 mph bird...for five minutes, after that > 315 mph...

The 47N can haul ord as well and fast as the Pony, but once WEP is out - it's just another slow Jug...

From that perspective, it's understandable that the 51D gets a lower ENY than those three other planes.     

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
I don't really care one way or the other, I fly the A8 unless heavy, then its a 38 or even an A5. If I ever fly a Stang it is typically the B model to go whack a few GV's in town, and I only have it up for a min or two.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline nick172

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
KI84 a 20! what? KI84 should be the same as the spit8, in a fight they are neck and neck. A hog has a hard fight vs a ki84 so why is a hog a lower eny? I consider the ki84 one of the most deadly planes in the game, great climb, great turn, Great roll, Great Wep, good speed, good guns, dive sucks but that is it. Dive sucks on the p38l but its a 15, in every other aspect ki out preforms the 38L and Hogs.

Skyhawk
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:20:46 AM by nick172 »

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
KI84 a 20 what? KI84 should be the same as the spit8, in a fight they are neck and neck. a hog has a hard fight vs a ki84 so why is a hog a lower eny? I consider the ki84 on of the most deadly planes in the game.

Skyhawk

Dive a 84 to 450 mph IAS and then try to roll...
The 84 is a great T&B bird, but if we consider the whole flight envelope, it has severe limitations.
The Hogs and Spits on the other hand...don't.

Offline nick172

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
hogs dont, you are correct but the ki makes up for it in every other aspect as stated. and if your raising eny for the dive, why is the p38 a lower eny then the ki, it sucks in the dive too. Dive should in not take precedence over the other flight envelopes.

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
hogs dont, you are correct but the ki makes up for it in every other aspect as stated. and if your raising eny for the dive, why is the p38 a lower eny then the ki, it sucks in the dive too. Dive should in not take precedence over the other flight envelopes.

Well, the P-38 will loose control authority - the Ki84 will lose control surfaces - big difference.  ;)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »

FYI, P-38 doesn't suck in a dive.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
Again, many are forgetting that these ENY changes reflect aircraft popularity, not performance.  If you don't like that, then you have to take BnZ's side in these arguments.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:02 PM »
109E-4=40
109F-4=30???
109G-2=30 egg, gondolas, DT
109G-6=30 egg, gondolas,rockets, DT and up armor

109E-4 should at least have a DT
109F-4 should at least get an egg and be 35

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
p38 does not suck in a dive.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2009, 01:33:27 PM »
While the Pee-51D may not be worthy of ENY 5 from a pure A2A perspective, as soon as you take A2G into the equation, things change dramatically. Basically there is no other plane that can haul 2000 lbs of ords to the target faster and get out almost unmolested due to its speed. 

Except, of course, for the Typhoon.

Below 6k, which honestly is the alt where someone dropping bombs is going to find themselves, the Tiffie is faster both with WEP and without, it drags along 2K worth of bombs, and then when you are done, you have 4 cannon to strafe things with, AND you can turnfight better if you need to.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »
Hehe Madda! It was sort of a relative thing, ie. if this moves that should move relative to it.

If ENY is based on popularity of choice only (performance doesn't figure into it?!!! seems cockeyed) it basically is a vote then. All we have to do is ALL of us fly say the LA7 for a camp. It should jack its popularity through the roof  and make it a perk plane. All we have to do is ALL agree. . .

Ok that's the end of that proposal :).

I think Delirium's point that ENY doesn't affect side switchers is sort of missed here. It points to the question of whether loyalty to a side makes any difference at all. If it doesn't, why does so much of the game infrastructure support it? If it does, why is ENY allowed to function as a mechanism to penalize those that don't switch?

There are individuals and squads that are exploiting this aspect of ENY constantly, to the detriment of the country system. At the very least, limiting side switching should be a consideration. <ducks the storm to follow>
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
 :huh  People that side-switch are doing everyone a big favor in my opinion.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »
:huh  People that side-switch are doing everyone a big favor in my opinion.
Have to agree here...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
Except, of course, for the Typhoon.

Correct.