Author Topic: Standards Rising  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Standards Rising
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »
Its probably the time of year but also I have noticed a few people leaving the game. Anyway I used to lazily look for newbs in bombers and find a fare few in fighters to massage my score and make me feel like I was better than I am.

Now everyone I meet seems to be at least competant and few are looking for or taking the odd head to head, HO or close angle shot. It makes me embarassed if I do where in the past 9 times out of 10 I expected them to try a shot most seem to be looking for a proper fight.

Had about 3 nice fights in the ma yesterday and I cant find any easy kills anymore. One fight was f6 vs Spit 14 and in one merge I hoed him a bit which I felt bad about but it wasnt significant to the fight. In the end he had allot of pings on me but I got a good broad angle cannon burst in and took him appart. He wouldn't salute me though and from the time the fight lasted he must have been a much better pilot than me. I would think an F6 no match for a 14 so he had nothing to prove. I gabbed E advantage and kept trying for a rope or a bnz like you would expect and he put up a better fight than I could ever have managed. I asked him if he wasnt happy but no reply. I suppose he thought I should have fought in close but that is ust not the spit 14 way surely:frown:

But above all better players now and better standards of play and I reckon it will raise my game :salute :aok    
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:14:15 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Standards Rising
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »
Hey as long as I'm playing you'll still get easy kills I'm usually making a cup of tea taking a whizz rolling a smoke or generally not paying the amount of attention required for a small fee I'll even let you vulch me! bargain!  :lol :lol

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:32 AM »
People are learning its more fun to actually fight...... :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:05:27 AM »

Agreed but its a tough learning curve if all you do is die:

My experience was I only got kills from Ho ing in the very early days with a K/D of about 1:20. Then I got my first proper kill shooting someone as they were coming in to land when they werent looking behind them. In those days I had barely a 50:50 chance against a goon :lol

Then I got a trainer  :rock

K;D 1:1

Now with allot of picking and cowardice I can get 2;1 but not in a regular fight so I am back in training again and learning my ACM'S etc BUT i feel like I am in the game.

Twin tail called me "Feeble Yarbles" last night and I thought there are allot opf people I dont stand a chance against still but at least I can now begin to appreciate what it takes. Its fun learninG new stuff especially when something new actually works :x
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:07:20 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:11:23 AM »
school has started back up. game play will go downhill again when the long holidays roll around.
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »
Agreed but its a tough learning curve if all you do is die:

My experience was I only got kills from Ho ing in the very early days with a K/D of about 1:20. Then I got my first proper kill shooting someone as they were coming in to land when they werent looking behind them. In those days I had barely a 50:50 chance against a goon :lol

Then I got a trainer  :rock

K;D 1:1

Now with allot of picking and cowardice I can get 2;1 but not in a regular fight so I am back in training again and learning my ACM'S etc BUT i feel like I am in the game.

Twin tail called me "Feeble Yarbles" last night and I thought there are allot opf people I dont stand a chance against still but at least I can now begin to appreciate what it takes. Its fun learninG new stuff especially when something new actually works :x
funny i consider TT an easy kill  :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »
funny i consider TT an easy kill  :devil

Ive never fought him but from what he was saying on 200 he sounded like a top ace in the game :frown: :D

I hope this isnt going to end in me getting embarassed in the DA :uhoh
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »
Standards Rising

We've upped our, so up yours.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »
Ive never fought him but from what he was saying on 200 he sounded like a top ace in the game :frown: :D

I hope this isnt going to end in me getting embarassed in the DA :uhoh
The DA with TT is a lose lose anyway.....if you lose the fight well you lost the fight... but if you win he will just go complaining about a HO
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »
The DA with TT is a lose lose anyway.....if you lose the fight well you lost the fight... but if you win he will just go complaining about a HO

Yes when I ran into him last night he had just been vulched by a squaddie and was whingeing about it on 200. I suggested he should stop crying about it and up from a nearby base to try and break the cap. That is when the insults started ;)
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »
After not playing for a month or so I logged on a few days ago and got HO'd by the first plane I met so instead I tried being the only one brave (or stupid) enough to up at a fully capped field for the vulchers a few times then logged off.

Yep... big changes.   :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »
After not playing for a month or so I logged on a few days ago and got HO'd by the first plane I met so instead I tried being the only one brave (or stupid) enough to up at a fully capped field for the vulchers a few times then logged off.

Yep... big changes.   :rolleyes:

If there is a capture in progress it makes perfect sense to me to vulch otherwise its nonsense of course. Upping from a capped base never makes sense to me but I see the game from my perspective only and if I was a furballer above all I would see vulching as just unsporting. :)
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
After not playing for a month or so I logged on a few days ago and got HO'd by the first plane I met

The way it reads to an experienced player: you HO'd the first plane you met.

Dont get mad, or be embarrased.  Just accept it for the truth that it is.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:24:45 AM »

In what arena is this observation being made?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
In what arena is this observation being made?

We're not telling you...you'll muck it all up  :devil