Author Topic: T's in the TA  (Read 678 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
T's in the TA
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »
I have not been in the TA in a long time.  My squadie was having some problems and went into the TA for help.  He asked if anyone there was a trainer and got several replies "yes".  Nobody would bother helping him after that.  My only conlusion is that none of these guys were actually trainers.  Is there a way to color code the text and Icon of the trainers in the TA so that you actually know who to speak to and who not to waste your time with?
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: T's in the TA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
I have not been in the TA in a long time.  My squadie was having some problems and went into the TA for help.  He asked if anyone there was a trainer and got several replies "yes".  Nobody would bother helping him after that.  My only conlusion is that none of these guys were actually trainers.  Is there a way to color code the text and Icon of the trainers in the TA so that you actually know who to speak to and who not to waste your time with?

Have them look at the roster.

IIRC the "real" trainers have it listed as such under Squad.

Here is a list of the current trainers.

Badboy

Delirium

Ghosth

Hammer

Mace

Mtnman

moot

morfiend

Murdr

Silat

Spatula

TC

Widewing
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Trainers do have different colored text, but they are not using it all the time, because it broadcasts all over the arena.

To make sure, just take a  look at the roster. Alll trainers are members of the AH Trainer Corps "squadron"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
there's also bigrat in there. i don't think he's an official trainer, but he's one helluva nice guy....and always happy and willing to help.

i got a lot of help from snaphook in there too......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:43:36 PM »
Trainers do have different colored text, but they are not using it all the time, because it broadcasts all over the arena.

To make sure, just take a  look at the roster. Alll trainers are members of the AH Trainer Corps "squadron"

Rgr that.... just check roster like Lusche said!!!

:salute

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
I have not been in the TA in a long time.  My squadie was having some problems and went into the TA for help. 

Have your friend send me a private message here, or send me an e-mail.

Delirium@hitechcreations.com

That is probably the easiest way to arrange some 1v1 time, otherwise it is 'hit or miss' on the availability on a day to day basis.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
there's also bigrat in there. i don't think he's an official trainer, but he's one helluva nice guy....and always happy and willing to help.

i got a lot of help from snaphook in there too......

Did someone accuse me of being a nice guy :furious :lol.  I just teach people bad habits, it's up to the others to try and figure out what I did to their students :headscratch:

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
Did someone accuse me of being a nice guy :furious :lol.  I just teach people bad habits, it's up to the others to try and figure out what I did to their students :headscratch:

BigRat

good point. every time i get in a fight with a corsair, and i see gear come down, i blame you.  :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »
I only teach them to do that if they are in immediate danger of an overshoot or have excess speed in a maneuver.  I actually hope I'm more to blame for the Corsairs that actually go for the angles fight rather then the B&Z, albeit it can do both well when needed.  By the way Cap thanks for the kind words :D

BigRat 
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »
I only teach them to do that if they are in immediate danger of an overshoot or have excess speed in a maneuver.  I actually hope I'm more to blame for the Corsairs that actually go for the angles fight rather then the B&Z, albeit it can do both well when needed.  By the way Cap thanks for the kind words :D

BigRat 

JUST so ya know.......the good talk.....i was serious.....the landing gear jab......i was screwin with ya.  :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »
I figured, just didn't want someone to get the wrong idea about my training methods.  Although you will be surprised to see how many people flying a hog don't realize that trick is in the arsenal, and has saved my bacon more then once.

BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:06:01 PM »
I figured, just didn't want someone to get the wrong idea about my training methods.  Although you will be surprised to see how many people flying a hog don't realize that trick is in the arsenal, and has saved my bacon more then once.

BigRat

know what saves my bacon?

a wingie with more brains than me.  :rofl :rofl :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"