Author Topic: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker  (Read 7124 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Re: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »
 Missed this one. Thanks for the info blkmgc and enker  I'll see if it runs
and if I have to play with it will  note what I did. Just want to see if I
can shake some rust off :)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »
Were you able to map all of the stick functions and buttons?
I am able to on the splash screen that launches DOA either online, hth, or offline under setup.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2009, 08:07:58 AM »
 2.75 works fine with XP sp3.  Smooth albeit the graphics are dated.  There seems
to be two choices to run: regular DOA and DOA 3D?
 Regular is smooth but graphics are bleh. 3D is much better as the cockpits, planes,
effects and terrain look MUCH better but the sky is blocky and worse. With the lack
of the AH type of view system I got bored with it pretty quick. 

It may be more of a nostalgia thing for some. I'll try some other WWI programs,
other than ROF (which is a resource hore of the worste kind) over the next few days.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:27 AM »
The choice is between the old wireframe rendering and Direct3D rendering, if I remember correctly.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »
2.75 works fine with XP sp3.  Smooth albeit the graphics are dated.  There seems
to be two choices to run: regular DOA and DOA 3D?
 Regular is smooth but graphics are bleh. 3D is much better as the cockpits, planes,
effects and terrain look MUCH better but the sky is blocky and worse. With the lack
of the AH type of view system I got bored with it pretty quick. 

It may be more of a nostalgia thing for some. I'll try some other WWI programs,
other than ROF (which is a resource hore of the worste kind) over the next few days.

Well, when I run DOA D3D, the boxes seem to be drawn over and over again, but slow enough that I can discern the time between when they are drawn and when they are deleted. Also, when I click on the plane drop-down list, the game shuts down. What do you have your monitor refresh rates set at, and what resolution are you running?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X