Author Topic: WW1 arena  (Read 8369 times)

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
Re: WW1 arena
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
Well, I'll resubscribe when the WWI arena comes online... Thats $15 bucks in HT's pocket that wouldn't be there before... Simply because this will be something NEW, instead of the same'o same'o....
There are many other WWI era enthusiasts out there that will come as well... Because HT has the best flight modeling in the biz...   

Just hoping they go "lean" on the built in gamey stuff, and make it as DIFFICULT to master, as WWI planes were...
So it won't be boring after a month...

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
Remember, these fighters are also being used to test out the new damage modeling.  That isn't nothing.

I am not sure if the damage modeling could be applied piecemeal to the large WWII planeset very well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2009, 01:34:10 PM »
 Same here, Rip. I quit the game in August. When WW1 comes in I will re subscribe.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
The fact remains.... every single person that has come to AH to this point has done so for the WWII era.

Really?  Nobody ever joined AH just for the fun of it?  Amazing! 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
YES! I took a break from AH for a while, but now I have the motivation I needed to come back. Thanks HTC!  :x
 :banana:
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »

Really?  Nobody ever joined AH just for the fun of it?  Amazing! 

Well unless they are part of 20 type games they have no interst in....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »
Well if HTC decides to add Monopoly it will probably have the best flight model out there. BTW I call dibs on the plane!
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »
Well if HTC decides to add Monopoly it will probably have the best flight model out there. BTW I call dibs on the plane!

DOH! :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SB

• Administrator
      • http://home.swbell.net/hmason
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »
Your idea of rational is a bit suspect.

The game is all about WWII fighters. The other things to do have been added since. All WWII era..

Now by your way of thinking.... why don't they add an arena for online Monopoly.

Hmmmm guess you haven't found the bombers in the game.

HTC will add what they think will bring them subscribers. If it's Monopoly I'm sure you can understand the rules of the game.

Oh yeah, look up Bruce Carr. Interesting fellow I got to meet in Orlando in 98. He was flying a P-51 "fighter" on a ground attack mission and was shot down. He returned to his airfield in a FW-190. He was also a triple ace.

Guess we need to add in escape and evasion if you're shot down?

SB

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
Heheh Shuffler remindes me of a buggy whip salesman when auto's were introduced :neener:
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »
Well, I'll resubscribe when the WWI arena comes online... Thats $15 bucks in HT's pocket that wouldn't be there before... Simply because this will be something NEW, instead of the same'o same'o....
There are many other WWI era enthusiasts out there that will come as well... Because HT has the best flight modeling in the biz...   

Just hoping they go "lean" on the built in gamey stuff, and make it as DIFFICULT to master, as WWI planes were...
So it won't be boring after a month...

RC

Hmmm making it artifically hard is gamey too, I vote for just a true FM easy or hard depending on the physics of the plane design  :old:
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
Heheh Shuffler remindes me of a buggy whip salesman when auto's were introduced :neener:
Now that right there is very funny. I'd be willing to bet that even Shuffler himself had to
chuckle at that. ;)
I vote for just a true FM easy or hard depending on the physics of the plane design
Amen to that!
Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »

Mark my words.   ;)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
The dawn of aviation, the dawn of air combat. The first aces. I find it unbelievable that with the huge *gap* in the market that exists for WWI air combat there are naysayers. Fortunately, if the survey indicates anything, the nabobs of negativity are outnumbered 3-1.

I have "First Eagles" by Thirdwire. Even though the view system SUCKS in comparison to the standard set by AHII, the graphics and sound are dated,the plane set is limited the modeling is iffy, and there is no online play, it is still fun. I can only imagine how great it can be when HTC develops the same subject.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."