Author Topic: Opinion On Squeekers  (Read 2307 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: Opinion On Squeekers
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »
also, its hardly "mindless drivel". Mindless drivel would be someone posting something like "I got ho'd and it really wasn't cool and I had 7 kills" etc etc etc, or whining about the collision model or whatever.

He's a person, and he's got feelings as well.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
See? Verve!  :salute
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »

I have feelings too! :confused: :bolt:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
l

:huh

If your gonna call someone a squeaker, at least spell it right and in the same way in the same post, stodd.

:salute

:rofl Has that what your little "argument" come down too? Calling me on my speling?
also, its hardly "mindless drivel". Mindless drivel would be someone posting something like "I got ho'd and it really wasn't cool and I had 7 kills" etc etc etc, or whining about the collision model or whatever.

Oh and I wasnt saying that his post was midless drivel im just saying that because in general, that is what squeekers type/talk about.

Again, :rofl

im not a person :huh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:47:36 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 07:45:24 PM »
l

Backtracking now I see  ;)

I"m not trying to start anything with you stodd, just trying to standup for someone that I can "feel" for in this situation.

I"m done here by the way, no need in continuing a discussion that will only degrade the 2 of us.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:47:23 PM by SuBWaYCH »
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »
Backtracking now I see  ;)

I"m not trying to start anything with you stodd, just trying to prove a point.

Hit the post button way too soon. I need to be watching what I type carefully, less the grammar police catch me.

Ok bye, id hate to degrade myself, they may kick me out of the "cool crowd" :D

EDIT: I still love you subway (and your sandwiches)
<G>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:54:09 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »
Stodd is like the food you reserve for 2am your so glad you saved yourself some but always want more.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »
Stodd is like the food you reserve for 2am your so glad you saved yourself some but always want more.
Heheh I think that's a good thing right? :D
Stodd/ CandyMan

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47:15 PM »
hey im 15. i've never had people call me a squeeker, ever in the 3 years of me playing AH. Now instead of telling older fellas to lighten up cause they are annoyied, why not lower your voice? lol i know it sounds odd but think about it. They hear the same lower type of voice as everybody else, they won't go "man he is a squeeker" and just shun you.

OR simply use more common sense. Less talking into the Mic, More tatical calls.

example. nobody likes this "OMG GUYS 47 DIVING ON MY SIX WHAT DO I DO OMG!! K HE OVERSHOT CHECK YOUR SIX WATCH IT OMG! OHH NOO HE BLEW YOUR WING OFF"

INSTEAD. "Hey 47 high 6 o clock" pause as 47 dives in on you "K he is on me im gonna pull low" "ok hes on you ____ check it"

So for all you squeekers, Apply Common Sense and a lower voice never hurt anybody?  :salute

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2009, 01:00:56 AM »
As several guys have mention before: Squeaker may have originally been related to preteens with high-pitched voices -
but to me, being a squeaker mostly being a state of mind that isn't limited to any particular age. In fact, tonight I came across a 51 (so he claimed) years old squeaker... you know, that kind that plays every day, is giving orders, is calling out "hacks" and "BS stuff " a hundred times on 200 and is constantly complaining about his own team in general or specific player in particular on country channel.

No enthusiastic 11yo can be that annyoing... and of course there is also hope he will grow up and mature... with adult squeakers, all hope is lost.

So have patience with the young ones ... try to help them, else just squelch them :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:27 AM »
As several guys have mention before: Squeaker may have originally been related to preteens with high-pitched voices -
but to me, being a squeaker mostly being a state of mind that isn't limited to any particular age. In fact, tonight I came across a 51 (so he claimed) years old squeaker... you know, that kind that plays every day, is giving orders, is calling out "hacks" and "BS stuff " a hundred times on 200 and is constantly complaining about his own team in general or specific player in particular on country channel.

No enthusiastic 11yo can be that annyoing... and of course there is also hope he will grow up and mature... with adult squeakers, all hope is lost.

So have patience with the young ones ... try to help them, else just squelch them :)

I agree with lusche so often in these forums, I rarely need to post.. So this is just a post that says, "yeah, what he said" :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »
Squeakers don't usually bother me, but there is the 1 or 2 that bother me. And usually I just hit squelch. And problem solved.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 02:17:11 AM »
KOTH is getting over run by squeekers......its getting bad :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 03:47:39 AM »
Heheh I think that's a good thing right? :D

So drunk when I wrote that I cant even remember what it means.