Author Topic: Real WWII guys who play  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Re: Real WWII guys who play
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »
Thank you Del.

And he won't be with us forever.  We thought we were losing him after this tour, but he has signed on for at least 6 more month's as he wants to share his next birthday with us and be active in JG11 on that day, for which we are not only thankful, but honored as well.

I would like to ask you a favor Stampf, shoot me a pm when that day is approaching, I would like to fly with you guys on it.

shamus 
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 11:58:35 AM »
I can't recall if it was WB's or AH but Pyro or Hitech can confirm that some of the Tuskegee Airman flew online one nite some years back (all members of the 332nd as I recall).
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »
I can't recall if it was WB's or AH but Pyro or Hitech can confirm that some of the Tuskegee Airman flew online one nite some years back (all members of the 332nd as I recall).

It was WB, and I flew against them that night with Rexx. Got our arses handed to us we did!  :devil

Anyone remember the scenario we did with the Air Force Academy guys?  :airplane:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 12:23:39 PM »
I know of who you speak frodo, stampf and truly he is a class act.
He makes no claims (that I've heard) other than being in a certain place doing a certain job at a certain age. (quite young)

I too am truly honored to call this man friend.
And after watching him for several years will gladly vouch for his veracity and honesty.
Indeed am willing to stake my entire AH reputation on him. (There are not many I'd say that for)

He is a joy to share the sky's with. Whats more he is perhaps a shining example of how best to interact with people in an online environment. He is grace personified, class defined, honesty and integrity brought to life.

<S> Sir

:aok

JG11 

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »
It was WB, and I flew against them that night with Rexx. Got our arses handed to us we did!  :devil

Anyone remember the scenario we did with the Air Force Academy guys?  :airplane:

Yeah I flew that nite too, as BigJim (which is my current handle ingame) and actually shot one of them down, but i am sure he didn't see me coming.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline pdm

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
Honored only begins to say what he brings to the squad.  :salute

Watched him flame a guy last night, and I love when this happens. You will not find a better spirit in this game, or a better singer!  :airplane:  :noid
Well said Frodo.....

:salute JG11

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »
In before the lock.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »
In before the lock.

If you want the thread locked just ask for it don't be coy
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
Thank you Del.

And he won't be with us forever.  We thought we were losing him after this tour, but he has signed on for at least 6 more month's as he wants to share his next birthday with us and be active in JG11 on that day, for which we are not only thankful, but honored as well.

WOOT   THE BIG  8 - 0        :salute    My favorite person in the game (*cough* besides chappy)!  Nothing but class!
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »
I remember Hitech saying his dad played. Also a vet and served on Subs.  :salute

JG11 

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »
In before the lock.

Sorry, I thought this thread was going to turn into a Voss/Adonai spectacle.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
I know of who you speak frodo, stampf and truly he is a class act.
He makes no claims (that I've heard) other than being in a certain place doing a certain job at a certain age. (quite young)

I too am truly honored to call this man friend.
And after watching him for several years will gladly vouch for his veracity and honesty.
Indeed am willing to stake my entire AH reputation on him. (There are not many I'd say that for)

He is a joy to share the sky's with. Whats more he is perhaps a shining example of how best to interact with people in an online environment. He is grace personified, class defined, honesty and integrity brought to life.

<S> Sir

I couldn't have said it any better myself.  This gentleman is truly my favorite person in AH.  Always has a positive attitude.  I enjoy talking to him whenever I see him online. 

I would like to ask you a favor Stampf, shoot me a pm when that day is approaching, I would like to fly with you guys on it.

Stampf, I would be honored to attend this night as well.  Please PM me.

#S#

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Apparently one of my squaddies has 10+ kills in Navy fighters in WWII and flew hiw first combat during Midway.

Anyone know of any other WWII vets in our skies?

boxman my dad flew ww2. and was intel after war he kept list of aces birth dates home towns and kills and types of planes. So he could get home towns to honor these men. I'm sorry to say going thru his list that no one with 10 plus kills PTO. born 1915 is still alive or were navy pilots. list is not that big for navy over 10kills and born 1915.and for 1914 was none.And its hard to believe A doctor would let 94 yearold sit in chair long enough to play aces high. why do you think alot here die of heart attacks. Blood clots 94 yearold could clot in less than a hr. Now in Warbird s my father did play couple of times he was not a  ace in ww2 but was hop pilot, his job was to bring planes forward after woman brought them to bases behind our lines. woman were not alowed to bring planes to foreward bases. he would be 82 now if still alive.
 uncle morris was ace but only barely. I did show Bob curry ( i might be spelling it wrong) who worked at AIRZOO in kalamazoo Mi as a tour guide( on of few places tour guideds were ww2 and korea pilots} aces high on a laptop. he did try to fly and laughed at me when i asked him if it felt real at all. Bob was youngest pilot to have a kill in ww2 he was 15 and 1/2  years old. if you just said guys first name i could answer u in secs if he really was.
again all i would need is first name not town or anything else.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »
The only WWII vet that I know of in Aces High was an unwilling combatant and never boasts about it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!