Author Topic: Perk the N1K2-J  (Read 1237 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk the N1K2-J
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
For the record, I do not recall exactly when the FM was changed.  May have been with the 109 line upgrade or not.

Version 2.03 was when the FM changed on the niki.  (early 2005 ish)  They tweaked the FM on the FW and the N1K2.

T'was a sad day for me.

Compare the kills the N1K2 had in say... November 2004 vs. what it had in May or June 2005.  I would be curious how much they dropped off.

I for one don't have a clue what y'all talking about with the 'page up' on the niki.  That is something I never really have done so I can't say what it used to be like.  I was at a friends house who loved to fly tiffies and he always paged up and used his mouse.  I sat down at his computer and tried to fly that way and hated it.  Sure I could see better but the angles seemed off.

The only plane that I will do the page up thing in is the 163.  (and whirbles/ostis on the ground of course)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:41:48 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: Perk the N1K2-J
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
Thanks, Lute.

I didnt realize the FW update was in the same patch as the N1K update.  The A5 used to be a beast in the vertical - and its no slouch, now. 

I really cant compare the two N1K FM's because I dont fly it, but I do vidivly recall the changes to the Anton 190's.