Author Topic: Bombs in Tank Town  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Bombs in Tank Town
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »
Besides if you up a wirble in TT a tank will just kill you.

exactly why we need an ord free TT.

someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »
exactly why we need an ord free TT.

I better go get rid of that airfield in TT on my map im making and switch it to a vbase. :bolt:

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
I can't fly a plane i'm horrible. And what good is a wirble going to do when two of them come in at the same time? Because thats what happens to every wirble in TT.

Tanking is my specialty as is for allot of other guys to. So I think there should be one place where we who enjoy GVing can just enjoy ourselves without worrying about getting bombed every 5 seconds.

Well I was just messing with ya anyway.  :neener:

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'm usually in the air but enjoy tanking sometimes and don't think I'm too bad of a shot in a wirble when I choose to use one.  Tanks have to deal with airplanes just like airplanes have to deal with tanks.  But of course planes usually only interact between 0-1000AGL and obviously not over water.  But disabling ords or removing the airfeilds and making the mountains too high for planes and making the V-bases uncapturable just seems against the spirit of the game, or the MA at least.  When I'm in a tank I accept that I may have to deal with airplanes, especially since the game is Aces High.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about this, I'm usually in the air but enjoy tanking sometimes and don't think I'm too bad of a shot in a wirble when I choose to use one.  Tanks have to deal with airplanes just like airplanes have to deal with tanks.  But of course planes usually only interact between 0-1000AGL and obviously not over water.  But disabling ords or removing the airfeilds and making the mountains too high for planes and making the V-bases uncapturable just seems against the spirit of the game, or the MA at least.  When I'm in a tank I accept that I may have to deal with airplanes, especially since the game is Aces High.

I understand what you mean.
But it's rare that i ever get killed by a GV in TT. Wouldn't it be nice if say on just the map we have now in the orange arena we could play without ever having to worry about being bombed.
We could consentrate completely on the GVs and have mass battles of tanks only.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
A good use of the word cupcake!!!   :salute
Suck it up cupcake... tanks are cheap and plentiful. ;)

The only thing that can/should be done about it, is this....  Make a map with 40k mountains around 3 uncapturable vBases. 

Put it into the rotation and wait for all the people complain they can't get jabo's into TT to help friendly gv's.

Other then that, what are we really talking about?  Nobody is going to fiddle with arena settings on the current maps.

And besides, I think most of us are on both sides of this discussion.  There are times, I'm the bomb****, times I am the pissy gv getting killed....  And still other times I'm out there and would love a friendly spotter.  The only way to get it "both ways" is to get a new map with that layout at the center. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »
As I understand it, there really is not a sanctified place called "Tank Town" anymore.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  With that said I am an avid Gv'er and despise being bombed, while in the middle of a great tank slug-fest.  What do you do?  It's easy, spend a few minutes porking their ords and the problem is solved.  Or just run a fighter on over and bag some heads.  I did it the other night and it actually started a pretty fun fight.  Get bombed once shame on them, get bombed twice or more :huh, shame on you...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »
a great tank slug-fest.  What do you do?  It's easy, spend a few minutes porking their ords and the problem is solved.
Me and my squadies do it alot and, it helps for like 30mins then they resup it. :rolleyes:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
Me and my squadies do it alot and, it helps for like 30mins then they resup it. :rolleyes:

I mean pork the island.  The entire island.  A couple of squaddies and it can be done in no time and last for quite a while.  The best part is you can attack the re-supply guys too.  Turn it into a fun fight, search and destroy, whatever you want to call it.  I know this takes you out of a tank battle only, but embrace the chaos you can create and have fun with whatever type of fight crops up.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »
A good use of the word cupcake!!!   :salute
The only thing that can/should be done about it, is this....  Make a map with 40k mountains around 3 uncapturable vBases. 

Put it into the rotation and wait for all the people complain they can't get jabo's into TT to help friendly gv's.

There is a map with six v-bases surrounded by 17k mountains and, strangely enough, no one really does any gv-ing there. 

Still, someone will take the 15 minutes it takes to climb over the mountains but there are not the number of tanks there are in "regular" tank towns.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »
There is a map with six v-bases surrounded by 17k mountains and, strangely enough, no one really does any gv-ing there. 

Still, someone will take the 15 minutes it takes to climb over the mountains but there are not the number of tanks there are in "regular" tank towns.

wrongway

true enough that you rarely see tanks in the center of that map........... my only guess is because that map has better places for GV battles............ V135, V34, V2.......

and while you do get some who still make the flight to egg at those bases its not as common as on other maps........ I would guess due to the fact they arent as easy to get to as gv battles on other maps
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »
I understand what you mean.
But it's rare that i ever get killed by a GV in TT. Wouldn't it be nice if say on just the map we have now in the orange arena we could play without ever having to worry about being bombed.
We could consentrate completely on the GVs and have mass battles of tanks only.

Oh really?  Just everywhere else besides, I guess?

Died 106 times in a Panzer and 112 times in a Sherman is not much, I guess...........     :noid

A whine has been recorded.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
After playing in tank town the past two and having my GV bombed 30+ times i think that Tank Towns should not have ordanace allowed.
For that matter i don't think there should even be airbases in Tank town. After all is is 'Tank Town'.

What do you guys think?

What do I think?   I think it's posts like these that make me want to roll a heavy F6F and bomb GV's in TT.   You should have heard FireHwk go off on Channel 1 when I did that to him on Trinity.   Wax was beside himself.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
I think we should listen to Killer.  After perusing the kill stats, GVS make a large % of kills / deaths.  If all the GVers quit THE game and unsubbed HTC will lose alot of income......
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »
Oh really?  Just everywhere else besides, I guess?

Died 106 times in a Panzer and 112 times in a Sherman is not much, I guess...........     :noid

I'm saying that most of those deaths are from bombs and that i get killed more by bombs than other tanks.

Not that i rarely ever die at all.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Once they get their 2 kills they run back to land in order to get their name in lights for 3 seconds. ORD, IL2's, should be disabled at any base near TT. As well as making all TT V-bases uncapturable.

A lot of us are all growed up and your name in lights in an internet game isnt all that important, trust me. I hope I'm remembered for far better things.

About the IL2s? Boy imagine finding IL2s around tank battles. :cry My gosh how totally unrealistic, whats the name of this game again? Oh yeah, its an Internet combat flight sim that also has GVs for your GV'ing pleasure. My favorite are the guys who cry about me in my IL2 after I whack em out when they are shooting onto my airfield. First off, the nerve of actually finding airplanes around an airfield. 2'nd I guess they just feel its realistic for them to shoot spawning airplanes in their tanks, while 1/2 a sector away, but its not legit for an airplane, around an airfield, to kill their tank. So waaa-waaa-waaa. :neener:

I dont fly IL2s around TT much. What happens is I start killing tanks and then mad little Johnnie jumps in his Typhie and flys HO straight into my IL2 spraying blindly and ramming. But there are times, like when i hear the above snivel, I'd like to Lanc-stuka/and bail TT like little Johnnie when mommie cant afford the Ritalin. :joystick:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"