Author Topic: Bombs in Tank Town  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Bombs in Tank Town
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »

The only problem with this is that if you have no ord on TT, then all you have to do is get 3 or 4 guys to camp the living daylights out of the spawn and then your screwed because no one can bomb the spawn campers.

Trust me, you want ord so that this will not happen, cause when it does TT will truely be ruined.

Its just like life, there are alot of things in this world that helps with the balance of life, (like bugs, birds, fish, ect.) and while some might be unfavorable to you, but are crucial to the balance.

Same here, bombing in TT creates balance.

If that was the only time bombs were used then that would be better than it is now.  Because right now ords are way overused.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
The times Ive been in TT I'd have to say ords being used are unusual. It happens but not a lot.

IL2s are unusual there as well. The reason for that is there are a lot of enemy fighters around and if the % of enemy is against you, and/or the air front moves and your in an IL2? Your not in real good shape. While yu can dogfight a little in IL2s when you have 3 or 4 cons B&Z'ing yu its only a matter of time. For sure yu cant dogfight AND kill tanks at the same time either.

I'd say 95% of the action in TT is between fighters and between tanks, or, flak and fighters.

This entire thread is silly. Killer you have been killed, in a tank, exactly twice this tour by an IL2. By far you have dropped bombs on other GVs more then IL2s have killed you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »
The times Ive been in TT I'd have to say ords being used are unusual. It happens but not a lot.

IL2s are unusual there as well. The reason for that is there are a lot of enemy fighters around and if the % of enemy is against you, and/or the air front moves and your in an IL2? Your not in real good shape. While yu can dogfight a little in IL2s when you have 3 or 4 cons B&Z'ing yu its only a matter of time. For sure yu cant dogfight AND kill tanks at the same time either.

I'd say 95% of the action in TT is between fighters and between tanks, or, flak and fighters.

This entire thread is silly. Killer you have been killed, in a tank, exactly twice this tour by an IL2. By far you have dropped bombs on other GVs more then IL2s have killed you.

Yea but i'm not worried about the IL-2's in TT. I never see them. It's all the people dropping bombs.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »

Ya know it kinda depends on what country you are on......

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 02:54:04 AM »
Its  not that big a deal to me,but it would be nice if you didnt lose perks when you get bombed.... Perks are to balance bettween tanks ,Not tanks and planes. 

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 04:49:58 AM »
Its  not that big a deal to me,but it would be nice if you didnt lose perks when you get bombed.... Perks are to balance bettween tanks ,Not tanks and planes. 

<S>
So I should nor get any perks for the 20 +/- unfortunate souls that I wasted in a plane with the main gun from my tank?

Hardly.........

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 05:30:02 AM »
Simple solution to this problem.  Up an Ostwind or Wirblewind as mobile AA or have some squadron mates fly a DEFCAP providing cover.  The solution has been provided to you, if you do not wish use the tools given to you then that's your fault and you deserve to be bombed in your tank.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »
After perusing the kill stats, GVS make a large % of kills / deaths.  If all the GVers quit THE game and unsubbed HTC will lose alot of income......

Strawman; if that is the case, we need a non-Wirbel/Ostwind area so the guys in aircraft don't leave and cost HTC income.

Bruv, he needs to realize that tanks weren't able to operate independently historically without aircover of some kind so they shouldn't be able to do so in here either.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
Well for those of you who don't think bombs are over used, look at these stats.
Yesterday in TT my tank was bombed 17 times. I dodged 4 attempts to for a total of 21 times.
I was bombed 13 times on my own base and 4 times at an enemy base. All dodged attempts were between bases.
I was only killed 11 times by other tanks. 5 on my own base and 6 at enemy bases or between bases.

Looking at those stats bombs are ridiculously overused in TT and something needs to be changed.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
This has been brought up before although i dont think HTC cares. Those that bomb GV's at tank town do it because they arent able to get kills anywhere else.

Wrong.

I love taking up an Ar234 then hearing the tank tards whine.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 02:46:07 PM »

Wrong.

I love taking up an Ar234 then hearing the tank tards whine.
That's the spirit! Had a 50 kill tour in a 234 of just tanks, before I learned to dog fight with it!

HTC cannot and will not waste the time trying to make everyone happy.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
Well for those of you who don't think bombs are over used, look at these stats.
Yesterday in TT my tank was bombed 17 times. I dodged 4 attempts to for a total of 21 times.
I was bombed 13 times on my own base and 4 times at an enemy base. All dodged attempts were between bases.
I was only killed 11 times by other tanks. 5 on my own base and 6 at enemy bases or between bases.

Looking at those stats bombs are ridiculously overused in TT and something needs to be changed.

The only thing that needs to be changed are your tactics.  You have the tools at your disposal, use them or perish.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »
I hate to say it, but I am a B-25TARD.

I find it thoroughly enjoyable to take out unsuspecting Wirbles in TT.  One 75mm to the rear armour, and BOOM!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killsin.php?playername=Phalanx&kcnt=39&selectTour=LWTour117&pindex=92

My apologies if you're on the receiving end of my 75mm HE rounds, or my 1,000lb bombs, or my many nose-mounted .50s, but you should take one of the following measures:

a) If you are a tank, ensure you have Wirblewinds nearby.
b) If you are a Wirblewind, keep your eyes open, and aim well.

<S>

EDIT: Also, plonking 4,000lb bomb on a single GV is especially satisfying.  More so if it lands on a bunch of them.
Furthermore, I am feeling a bit sadistic tonight...hence the high levels of schadenfreude (man I love that word :))

EDIT 2:  Actually sod that, I enjoy taking out GVs in general.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:05:18 PM by Yossarian »
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

Did you have any aircover? Did you at least have a few wirbels near by to dissuade the jabos from making runs on you? Did you attempt to have the ord bunkers destroyed at the field the planes were coming from?

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
After playing in tank town the past two and having my GV bombed 30+ times i think that Tank Towns should not have ordanace allowed.
For that matter i don't think there should even be airbases in Tank town. After all is is 'Tank Town'.

What do you guys think?

I think  posts like this just make me wana take my squad over in lancasters and plaster the hell outa tank town.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th