Author Topic: Bombs in Tank Town  (Read 3513 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bombs in Tank Town
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 03:36:33 PM »
I'm saying that most of those deaths are from bombs and that i get killed more by bombs than other tanks.

Not that i rarely ever die at all.

out of the 64 times you were killed in a Panzer ONE time was by a plane (IL2)

Out of the 194 times you died in a Sherman (25) of them were death by planes. 

One death out of 6 in a T34 was by aircraft

One out of 10 deaths in a Tiger was  to an aircraft

Still doesn't add up to 30   :rolleyes:

Please continue while I get my violin
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »
I think we should listen to Killer.  After perusing the kill stats, GVS make a large % of kills / deaths.  If all the GVers quit THE game and unsubbed HTC will lose alot of income......

Thank you for pointing that out. Thats a great point. Most of the people i know in the game drive GVs allot of the time.

A lot of us are all growed up and your name in lights in an internet game isnt all that important, trust me. I hope I'm remembered for far better things.

About the IL2s? Boy imagine finding IL2s around tank battles. :cry My gosh how totally unrealistic, whats the name of this game again? Oh yeah, its an Internet combat flight sim that also has GVs for your GV'ing pleasure. My favorite are the guys who cry about me in my IL2 after I whack em out when they are shooting onto my airfield. First off, the nerve of actually finding airplanes around an airfield. 2'nd I guess they just feel its realistic for them to shoot spawning airplanes in their tanks, while 1/2 a sector away, but its not legit for an airplane, around an airfield, to kill their tank. So waaa-waaa-waaa. :neener:

I dont fly IL2s around TT much. What happens is I start killing tanks and then mad little Johnnie jumps in his Typhie and flys HO straight into my IL2 spraying blindly and ramming. But there are times, like when i hear the above snivel, I'd like to Lanc-stuka/and bail TT like little Johnnie when mommie cant afford the Ritalin. :joystick:

I completely agree with that.  i don't care about getting my name in lights. Yea its cool but not my main goal.

As for getting bombed at an airbase i don't mind that. I almost expect to be bombed or straffed by an IL-2 when i attack one.
What bothers me is that there is no place that those of us who like to GV can do so with out getting bombed.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »
Thank you for pointing that out. Thats a great point. Most of the people i know in the game drive GVs allot of the time.

I completely agree with that.  i don't care about getting my name in lights. Yea its cool but not my main goal.

As for getting bombed at an airbase i don't mind that. I almost expect to be bombed or straffed by an IL-2 when i attack one.
What bothers me is that there is no place that those of us who like to GV can do so with out getting bombed.

See previous post.

(or should I just post a screenshot of the stats?)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:13 PM »
out of the 64 times you were killed in a Panzer ONE time was by a plane (IL2)

Out of the 194 times you died in a Sherman (25) of them were death by planes. 

One death out of 6 in a T34 was by aircraft

One out of 10 deaths in a Tiger was  to an aircraft

Still doesn't add up to 30   :rolleyes:

Please continue while I get my violin

But thats not my TT stats. I attack allot of bases outside of TT and in the other arenas. Hence, all the deaths by tanks.
When i'm in TT I DO get killed more by bombs than GVs.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
Looks like 70+ % of your deaths in a Sherman are from other tanks (and it looks like DR7 really has your number)
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/players.php check for yourself

Keep whining

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
Go messa go! :aok
See Rule #4

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Go messa go! :aok

Better me than Lusche.

He could tell what you atre for breakfast and how many grains of sugar were in it.

Just can't abide the use of "all the time" or "more often than not" without the support of empirical evidence.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »
Looks like 70+ % of your deaths in a Sherman are from other tanks (and it looks like DR7 really has your number)
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/players.php check for yourself

Keep whining

But as i said in the post before this one TT in not the only thing i do.
I attack bases outside of TT.
All i'm saying is us GVers should have some place to go where we can get away from all the bombing. Then we can focus totally on tanking.
Then we would have more in depth and strategic battles because if someone got into a place where it was hard to kill them we can't just up a heavy plane and bomb them.
we would have to work together as a group to get to them and kill them. Also we would all have to work together to stay alive and alert to where all enemy tanks are.

And all those kills from dr7 came from spawn battles.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 04:15:08 PM »
All i'm saying is us GVers should have some place to go where we can get away from all the bombing. Then we can focus totally on tanking.
Then we would have more in depth and strategic battles because if someone got into a place where it was hard to kill them we can't just up a heavy plane and bomb them.
we would have to work together as a group to get to them and kill them. Also we would all have to work together to stay alive and alert to where all enemy tanks are.

We used to have this map called donut. It had a fighter town at the center. Land grabbing toolshedders used to go and grab bases there. It caused a big fuss here on the bbs. Guess what happened after to much consternation about nothing. HTC removed the map. Keep whining about being bombed in TT. Then it to can go the way of the dodo.
See Rule #4

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »
Suck it up cupcake... tanks are cheap and plentiful. ;)

+1

To add to this it is a air combat game  :headscratch: :joystick:
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »

Part of tanking is avoiding bombs.

I'm willing to bet those kills from dr7 came outta nowhere   :rofl

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
Part of tanking is avoiding bombs.

I'm willing to bet those kills from dr7 came outta nowhere   :rofl

I understand that. And i expect it when attacking other bases not in TT. But i'm saying we need a place that we can just tank and not get bombed.

And yea i do get killed by dr7 before he shows up sometimes at the spawn battles. 

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
TT is Furball island for me, No ords and uncappable bases is a good idea. Then everyone can just kill eachother  :x
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
TT is Furball island for me, No ords and uncappable bases is a good idea. Then everyone can just kill eachother  :x

You know if bombers and ords were disabled i could handle that. There would still be the spotters but at least it would end the bombing.

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »
You know if bombers and ords were disabled i could handle that. There would still be the spotters but at least it would end the bombing.

The only problem with this is that if you have no ord on TT, then all you have to do is get 3 or 4 guys to camp the living daylights out of the spawn and then your screwed because no one can bomb the spawn campers.

Trust me, you want ord so that this will not happen, cause when it does TT will truely be ruined.

Its just like life, there are alot of things in this world that helps with the balance of life, (like bugs, birds, fish, ect.) and while some might be unfavorable to you, but are crucial to the balance.

Same here, bombing in TT creates balance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:33:59 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!