Author Topic: Bombs in Tank Town  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Bombs in Tank Town
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
No no no, I mean set up behind a hedge, and start picking off targets within range. Works best with a Tiger for the armor or a fire fly since it blends in with the bush. It protects one of your flanks and your rear if you set up right (exposed side armor on right flank [assuming hedge is right of the tank] will be sloped VERY steeply relative to incoming rounds.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2009, 09:48:49 PM »
I think we should listen to Killer.  After perusing the kill stats, GVS make a large % of kills / deaths.  If all the GVers quit THE game and unsubbed HTC will lose alot of income......

After tonight with the rooks taking TT twice i'm just about done. Absolutley pathetic that they have to take every base there, just pathetic.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
Well its partialy our (bish) fault, our immpenetrable defence, and stunning, awe inspiring offence has forced the rooks to attack unprepared, and undefended from the air, bases.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
Well its partialy our (bish) fault, our immpenetrable defence, and stunning, awe inspiring offence has forced the rooks to attack unprepared, and undefended from the air, bases.

Yea we didn't have the defense we needed. I fought em hard. I just wonder why they can't have enough respect for those of us who like to GV not to take it.
Same goes for the bombing GV's. Yea there's ways to stop it but it takes more people than we can get in TT. Just a little respect for us in the GV's is all i ask for.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »
Well thats just it, they attack there because there is rarely fighters over head to oppose them. I will fly figher cover when someone askes me for a ground mission or attack on a TT base. I think I still have some screen shots of me tank busting in my B-25H with our base in the background.

Infact, when I get back on, my squad and I will protect TT if you need us too. We have a bomber pilot to tank bust if you need it and 3 fighter pilots.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:24:04 PM by Nemisis »

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »
Well thats just it, they attack there because there is rarely fighters over head to oppose them. I will fly figher cover when someone askes me for a ground mission or attack on a TT base. I think I still have some screen shots of me tank busting in my B-25H with our base in the background.

Infact, when I get back on, my squad and I will protect TT if you need us too. We have a bomber pilot to tank bust if you need it and 3 fighter pilots.

Sweet. The rooks need to bombed to no end and maybe they might get the idea. But right now TT is already gone again. It's all rook.
Hopefully tommorrow we can get back in and between my squad and your squad and all the others that GV we can hold some bases.
Be nice if the Knights got back in to and we had a three way battle again. The way its supposed to be :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »
You guys shouldda been on last night when there was an awesome fighter/buff/gv fite on the western part of tt.  gv's on gv's and planes on planes, hardly a bomb****, that's how it should really be.  why did you bishops brought in your 20 buff, 30k alt mission that you like so much kill all the bases there?  what really happened today killer is that you guys gave up, but dont worry tomorrow it will be back to normal.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
You guys shouldda been on last night when there was an awesome fighter/buff/gv fite on the western part of tt.  gv's on gv's and planes on planes, hardly a bomb****, that's how it should really be.  why did you bishops brought in your 20 buff, 30k alt mission that you like so much kill all the bases there?  what really happened today killer is that you guys gave up, but dont worry tomorrow it will be back to normal.

semp

Now that would have been fun. Thats the way it's supposed to be.
Me and about 5 other guys fought hard all the way to the end to save the bases we got back in TT last night but the rooks immediatly started bombing, took the hangers down, bombed every GV, and took them back.
Just wasn't enough bish there.

Which is why they should be uncapturable. The rooks really enojoy TT and have lots of people there. Bishops on the other hand don't have
as many there and don't stand a chance when the rooks decide they want to own the entire island.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
Now that would have been fun. Thats the way it's supposed to be.
Me and about 5 other guys fought hard all the way to the end to save the bases we got back in TT last night but the rooks immediatly started bombing, took the hangers down, bombed every GV, and took them back.
Just wasn't enough bish there.

Which is why they should be uncapturable. The rooks really enojoy TT and have lots of people there. Bishops on the other hand don't have
as many there and don't stand a chance when the rooks decide they want to own the entire island.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Rooks who so love TT, had captured the entire Knight portion of it in Orange Arena.  As I said before there is no sanctified place called Tank Town anymore.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
Yea we didn't have the defense we needed. I fought em hard. I just wonder why they can't have enough respect for those of us who like to GV not to take it.
Same goes for the bombing GV's. Yea there's ways to stop it but it takes more people than we can get in TT. Just a little respect for us in the GV's is all i ask for.

The serious GV'ing crowd is watching this thread with interest.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »
What is worse is when a side captures the other two tank town bases on the real TT map (Ndiesel)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
The serious GV'ing crowd is watching this thread with interest.
(Image removed from quote.)
I spy a rook...

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
I like tank bustin. Leave it as it is! Besides, tank town is also a good place for wirbles and osties to provide support for the tanks- thus adding to the immersion and role playing aspect to the game.  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »
I like tank bustin. Leave it as it is! Besides, tank town is also a good place for wirbles and osties to provide support for the tanks- thus adding to the immersion and role playing aspect to the game.  :aok
Ya know you're right in WW2 they did attack gvs with planes and the other way around.

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
When I want to practice my wirble skillz, I go to TT and setup in some trees kinda behind the spawn.

Sure every now and then I get killed by a tank, but for the most part Seeing the planes zooming in to bomb/strafe get a face full  :x
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!