Author Topic: Fun Fights  (Read 872 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Fun Fights
« on: October 31, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »
I'm enjoying this AvA revival.  I had fun fights with you all last night; had to completely adjust my Ki-61 flying because of some of the better F4U pilots.

I also appreciate that people were willing to move the CV's away from the beaches.  It's not fun to get hit with puffy at 3k ft above your own airfield.  Anywhere else is cool with me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Fun Fights
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
I also appreciate that people were willing to move the CV's away from the beaches.  It's not fun to get hit with puffy at 3k ft above your own airfield.  Anywhere else is cool with me.

I'd like to see this kind of cooperation continue. I can see if there are a few players that are interested in a base capture using a TF for this reason. However it's been great to see guys on both sides sending TFs away from the areas where there are furballs being enjoyed. Good post Gav.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
I also enjoyed the fun intense fights last night.........

and for the record....... When gavagai asked for the tskgrp to be moved... I went to take command but as soon as I looked at the map, it magically jumped away from inbetween the islands.........

I just simply asked if that was fast enough for ya, gavagai  :rofl  the timing of it all could not have been more perfect......

I do not have CM powers in any arenas except the TA.........

the AH Gods ( AvsA Staff member(s) ) must have struck down and put that TskGrp through a time warp..............kind of like "The Final Countdown"  movie  :noid.........if anyone can remember that movie  :bolt:

just wish I could have stayed longer last night.......

hope to see the same crowd in there tonight (if I am not out with all the great grandkids ( 7 of em )

seems their are at least 400+ people flying in the AvsA ....just wanted to get that out there........... for those who think it is a "non populated wasted arena"

Thanks for the setup Shifty & Oldman  :salute  :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
seems their are at least 400+ people flying in the AvsA ....just wanted to get that out there........... for those who think it is a "non populated wasted arena"

I came up with this figure, because someone flying last night was showing a score(rank) in the 460+ range, so it appears this arena is being used after all..........heck that is just as good if not better than some FSO nights........

of course, this is just my own personal view  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »
I flew a few sorties in AvA and had a great time .  I look forward to visiting more often . Is a great place to take a break from the MA furball.  I could see some nice battles shaping up .  Does AvA have an ETO map? Sorry I do not know much about the arena.

Rabbit

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:59:35 AM »
I flew a few sorties in AvA and had a great time .  I look forward to visiting more often . Is a great place to take a break from the MA furball.  I could see some nice battles shaping up .  Does AvA have an ETO map? Sorry I do not know much about the arena.

Ah, little grasshopper, we have very many maps of the ETO, as well as other strange and exotic places.  Come, let us show you....

- oldman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
Ah, little grasshopper, we have very many maps of the ETO, as well as other strange and exotic places.  Come, let us show you....

- oldman

Snow?  :D
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »
Yep had a rhine winter about a month or two ago
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member